PDA

View Full Version : New rig.. fsx install issues..

Motormouse
March 5th, 2016, 06:26
OK, I have my shiny new quad core win10 rig..
install FSx and Sp1, but SP2 wont install..keeps telling me I don't have SP1 installed.....
and... if I start FSX I get a fatal error on loading while the splash screen is up.

Any ideas before I boot FSX completely and stick with 9 which is working quite well.

ttfn

Pete

airtj
March 5th, 2016, 06:50
Have you tried going into safe mode and tried to install the SP2? If that doesn't work try creating a new windows account and see if you can install SP2 with that account.

rich12545
March 5th, 2016, 06:56
The FSX steam edition is better. I got it a few months ago on sale for $5 but the regular price is $25. It includes everything plus some bug fixes and no install hassles.

henrystreet
March 5th, 2016, 09:16
Strongly recommend FSX Steam Edition with Windows 10. Amazing performance and, as Rich pointed out, several of the quirky bugs in FSX boxed edition have been quashed.

ncooper
March 5th, 2016, 09:22
If you wish to stay with the disc version, try going back to the beginning.
Put disk 1 in and select Repair.
If and when it's done that, try to run FSX.
If it runs, then install SP1 and run FSX again.
Finally SP2 and it should install properly.

J.M.CASTILLA
March 5th, 2016, 09:37
Strongly recommend FSX Steam Edition with Windows 10. Amazing performance and, as Rich pointed out, several of the quirky bugs in FSX boxed edition have been quashed.

thanks for the info
I'm using steam and FSX with windows 7
and the truth is that not improve performance over fsx
even worse
thanks
solution to convert Windows 10

rich12545
March 5th, 2016, 11:54
If you switch to win10, do a clean, fresh OS install. Then install FSX and other programs. Don't upgrade with FSX already there.

Cees Donker
March 5th, 2016, 12:31
Don't upgrade with FSX already there.

I did just that and it works without a glitch.........

:untroubled:

Cees

rich12545
March 5th, 2016, 13:06
One time I walked across the freeway in Los Angeles and made it without a scratch. :wavey:

StormILM
March 5th, 2016, 14:11
Two major issues I ran into with installing/re-installing FSX-A, when I originally installed FSX-A back in mid 07, I goofed up and went and downloaded service packs 1 & 2 and added them in before installing Acceleration. It would run BUT it was all messed up. When I realized I did not need to add SP 1 & 2, I uninstalled everything and just ran all the discs in order, the install went fine and FSX-A function was smooth and normal. The other thing I encountered was that during later re-install on my brand new system, the install of FSX-A would get hung up with different error codes. Following advice from here and other forums I downloaded and installed the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility which got everything fixed.

Regarding Windows 10, I believe users are far better off to go ahead and get FSX-Steam and be done with it. Besides, if you don't already have a copy of FSX Gold, buying one new can now set you back nearly $180 from some outlets!