PDA

View Full Version : LDR FSX G73 Grumman Mallard

ejoiner
March 3rd, 2016, 19:21
After a couple of months in purgatory due to no flight controls, I am starting to catch back up on all the cool releases I missed. One of which is the AWESOME Grumman G-73. I downloaded the aircraft. Did the install, ****, and then checked out the airplane. Gorgeous... payware quality completely. I only have one problem. I cant get the sucker to get over about 50 knots on takeoff run on land or sea. I set trim to 7 deg up as per manual. full power, etc. nuttin. Will run out of runway and never rotate. Ive tried more up trim.. doesnt help. I tried fooling around with the mixture, didnt seem to help.

I went BACK to the manual to see if I missed something and cant find any specific advice on taking her off. Is there a particular method needed? Also the elevator trim doesnt seem very effective to me.

falcon409
March 3rd, 2016, 19:33
After a couple of months in purgatory due to no flight controls, I am starting to catch back up on all the cool releases I missed. One of which is the AWESOME Grumman G-73. I downloaded the aircraft. Did the install, ****, and then checked out the airplane. Gorgeous... payware quality completely. I only have one problem. I cant get the sucker to get over about 50 knots on takeoff run on land or sea. I set trim to 7 deg up as per manual. full power, etc. nuttin. Will run out of runway and never rotate. Ive tried more up trim.. doesnt help. I tried fooling around with the mixture, didnt seem to help.

I went BACK to the manual to see if I missed something and cant find any specific advice on taking her off. Is there a particular method needed? Also the elevator trim doesnt seem very effective to me.
Check your fuel and ballast tanks, you are probably overweight.

ejoiner
March 3rd, 2016, 19:49
Check your fuel and ballast tanks, you are probably overweight.

Bingo. Thats what it is. In this LDR version its badly out of whack. I checked and the plane was like 19000 lbs overweight!! In default configuration!

Astoroth
March 3rd, 2016, 22:54
Bingo. Thats what it is. In this LDR version its badly out of whack. I checked and the plane was like 19000 lbs overweight!! In default configuration!

It's like that to enable it to simulate the weight of the water from a leaky hull. That's why you have the bilge pumps. At least I think that's what I remember from the manual....

Tako_Kichi
March 4th, 2016, 06:33
Eric check your PMs, I replied to your question there but your bilge tanks should auto-empty on aircraft load but sometimes it appears that the gauge initialization requires an aircraft re-load before it kicks in. It will only need to initialize once and then every subsequent load should work fine.