PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 gunsight

highpockets
March 1st, 2016, 15:54
Fliying in Rami's Leningrad campaign, I like to use the F3 button to give me a clear view of the target and the gunsight. However, my bullets hit way low. How do I fix that?

Allen
March 1st, 2016, 16:04
Makes me think that the guns are sighted to the VC and not the 2D cockpit site....

Captain Kurt
March 1st, 2016, 19:53
You can adjust the aim point for your guns to match the game gun sight. The answer is in the 2D panel.

Open the panel folder and then open the panel.cfg with Notepad. Look for the section [VIEWS]

you should see something like this:

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=%whatever the main panel name is
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.5,0.0,0.0

The 2.5 number is what you need to adjust. Increasing the number raises the path of your bullets. Decreasing the number lowers the path of your bullets. you can play with it until you get it where you want it.

Some panels do not have a [VIEWS] section. If yours does not, just cut and paste the [VIEWS] section above and then start adjusting.

Another little tool is AimIt by Jerry Beckworth which you can download here. It also provides a way to converge the bullet paths at a selected distance and elevation without resorting to a calculation spreadsheet.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=49&id=2347

highpockets
March 2nd, 2016, 12:52
Thanks guys. I will see what I can do in a day or two when I can get back to it.

Fibber
March 2nd, 2016, 19:50
..there is a old program named "Aim_it" by Jerry Beckwith. I have used it with good success on almost all my planes.

Fibber
March 3rd, 2016, 17:36
...for some reason my little brain did not process the last paragraph of your post:banghead: and I posted the same info. Didn't mean to step on yours.

Captain Kurt
March 6th, 2016, 15:42
Fibber, that's not a problem. No worries.