PDA

View Full Version : OOM with the preview screen

Cees Donker
March 1st, 2016, 11:11
I've got this problem: with some planes the preview screen with the turning planes causes an OOM, after leaving it alone for a minute or so Can this be helped?

Thank for helping guys!

Cees

TARPSBird
March 1st, 2016, 11:28
I'd like to know about that myself. It's not a consistent thing with me, sometimes I get the OOM prompt and sometimes I can walk away to do something and the plane just keeps rotating around with no problem.

StormILM
March 1st, 2016, 12:21
Never had that issue with any model on the first load up but if I switched between aircraft during the same session (after ending a flight) I have encountered OOM's. I presume the VAS was maxed out. That's why I shut down the sim after each flight and restart for a new one, especially with the high end addon aircraft.

Cees Donker
March 1st, 2016, 19:15
Thanks for that observation Storm, I'll keep it in mind. With an OOM you'll have to restart anyway.

:wavey:

Cees

speedy70
March 2nd, 2016, 10:07
Hi Cees,
This article should help,in fact it can help most FSX or P3D users.

https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-oom-and-addon-vas-usage/

Hope it helps.

Cheers Chris

Cees Donker
March 2nd, 2016, 10:43
Thanks Chris!

:wiggle:

Cees

TARPSBird
March 2nd, 2016, 12:31
After reading the article in Chris's link I guess I should be happy to just complete a flight in FSX without getting a "OOM" message! :biggrin-new:

StormILM
March 2nd, 2016, 23:17
I finally broke down and bought the Carenado Hawker 850XP and went to do my usual high-end model testing for FPS and VAS consumption. I know the model has both the full high end texture & cabin model but also a Lite model with lower res textures and without a passenger cabin. I ran several flights long and short to and from some pretty high end scenery which I've had OOM's with using models like the PMDG 737NGX and Aerosoft Airbus series. I was pleasantly surprised by not having any VAS or texture related OOM's but tonight, I had my first one with the Hawker. To trouble shoot, I ran through all the things I did during the flight that might have caused a VAS consumption spike, The culprit was my rather heavy handed use of the FSX Flight Planner. On my second attempt at the same run, same exact waypoints over a 550 NM flight, made it fine with no OOM's but I never touched the Flight Planner. As I've heard from many, that and some other supporting utilities within the Sim may eat up a lot of VAS right off the bat. I know that may or may not have anything to do with the above noted issued but I know that once I trimmed off my use of many of these utilities & functions in-game, my OOM occurrence has dropped dramatically.

Side-subject; So far as the Hawker, I am quite stunned by the beauty and overall performance of the model. Especially after all the negative stuff I read about it over the past year. The standard high res model runs at target FPS for me. By far the classiest Biz-Jet for FSX/P3D IMO.