PDA

View Full Version : FSTramp?

falcon409
February 28th, 2016, 10:20
Not surprisingly I guess 4 years after purchasing FSTramp, waiting patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) for the promised "Flight Planning Module" to be implemented my copy has expired due to the "Time sensitive Registration" decided on by the developer. I do not agree with his assessment of the final cost to produce the program based on hypothetical figures of what it would have cost him to pay individuals to produce such a program. If he actually paid that price, then he was a fool. . .and I will state here plainly. . .Helge Schroeder is no fool. He has produced two programs (FSNav/FSTramp) which I feel are the best Nav Programs out there and well worth the initial price of admission. . .they are not worth paying for every year. . .not when there are other programs available, some as freeware that will do much of the same.

I will revisit PlanG which I have used, but dropped because it was extremely slow. . .I can handle "slow" as an option, lol.

Purchases for this hobby can be baffling at times, as we will turn away from one product because it's "way too expensive" and turn right around and purchase something else of equal or greater cost because we "need it", lol. I am guilty of that many times over and have done just that a few days ago when I purchased (against my better judgement) the F-100 Super Saber. More expensive than FSTramp, yet as much as I tried to stay away, the history I have with the F-100 was too great, lol. It was my introduction to every future Jet I would work on (F-100, T-33, T-37, F-102, F-4, T-38 and F-16), a future that spanned 26 years. In my aging mind, that alone was justification enough to make the purchase.

. . .and so it goes. PlanG will become the flight planner for me from now on and I don't do this without reservation, however in this instance I do not agree with the new payment policy. FSTramp is well worth having, but not at "any price" and that is what it has become. I wish Helge much success. . .but I will no longer use FSTramp.

AussieMan
February 28th, 2016, 12:34
I am in total agreeance with you Ed.

It appears that Helge has decided that after all the years of having a single registration greed has gotten the better of him and has now imposed an annual charge to use his programme. Also with the name Helge Schroeder it appears he comes from the Flemish countries of Europe. An area that I know of from experience produce some very arrogant people.

zswobbie1
February 28th, 2016, 22:08
I am very shocked that we are now being judged on where we live, or on how our name sounds.
These personal attacks are quite uncalled for.

It is one thing to disagree on how a person markets their products, but personal attacks, based on a person's name &/or country is not on.

It's the same as saying, Pat, that seeing you come from Australia, an area that I know of from personal experience, produce some very racist people,

BUT I will not say that, just using that as an example!

jmbiii
February 29th, 2016, 05:06
Back to FSTramp.

I agree with Ed. I was very interested in the latest version of the Tramp. But after seeing how much it would cost I no longer will consider it.:sour::disturbed::(
There are other nav programs.
Joe

Dave Torkington
February 29th, 2016, 08:00
Like Ed I purchased FSTramp with a view to happily paying a one off upgrade cost once the Flight Planning feature was incorporated into an FSX / Steam / P3D version.

I don't see any planned or promised features, continual maintenance or brand new improvements that warrant any kind of 'ongoing' payments. Therefore I will not be contributing to the FSTramp Pension Fund [whether the gentleman is a Tramp or not]...

:banghead:

falcon409
February 29th, 2016, 08:29
Like Ed I purchased FSTramp with a view to happily paying a one off upgrade cost once the Flight Planning feature was incorporated into an FSX / Steam / P3D version.

I don't see any planned or promised features, continual maintenance or brand new improvements that warrant any kind of 'ongoing' payments. Therefore I will not be contributing to the FSTramp Pension Fund [whether the gentleman is a Tramp or not]...

:banghead:
I would have to agree Dave. I think for the most part this product has reached it's peak in development. There may be other minor improvements however I think it is at the point where there is a little left for him to do as far as any major improvements are concerned. Unfortunately it is hard to tell from this forum how this is being received across the Sim community. However I can't imagine that current users or future users are necessarily excited about the prospect of having to pay a yearly fee for the use of this product. Time will tell I guess.

mgr
February 29th, 2016, 09:40
Can someone explain to me how SOH staff can make public statements as mentioned above?

Could have typed a lot of things in reply to yet i won't... sad, very sad this is...

https://media.giphy.com/media/33iqmp5ATXT5m/giphy.gif

Marcel

AussieMan
February 29th, 2016, 14:03
Can someone explain to me how SOH staff can make public statements as mentioned above?

Could have typed a lot of things in reply to yet i won't... sad, very sad this is...

https://media.giphy.com/media/33iqmp5ATXT5m/giphy.gif

Marcel

I feel I have overstepped the line and for that I do apologise.

mal998
March 26th, 2016, 13:01
So I'm sittin' here thinking to myself, hmmm wonder what would happen if I removed fstramp from my computer and re-installed the original version, 5x? Me thinks it might be a worthwhile endeavor. Maybe not all current features but fly to here seems ok. Ya'all check it out and keep it on the down low.

falcon409
March 26th, 2016, 15:22
Yes, That will work. He had said on his website that you could reinstall the previous version and it would work unconditionally/indefinitely with your original key (no time limit imposed). After waiting 5 years for the promised navigation module and then having it snatched away by greed. . .nope, not interested in using an "almost complete" program.