PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

DaleRFU
February 28th, 2016, 07:07
I've been toying with the idea of getting mega scenery earth Nevada so I'd like to know what you think of it, is it worth it, pros and cons...

I tend end to fly out of Fallon in the Superbug doing various things.

thanks in advance

Montie
February 28th, 2016, 07:20
I got it, I do not like the mix/match of the aerial imagery. There are plenty of sharp edges between the tiles and the color correction between the tiles is not that great (if any at all) IMO.... I prefer FTX Global, I have not used Megascenery Earth Nevada is I got FTX Global.

hschuit
February 28th, 2016, 07:36
BlueSkyScenery offers very good freeware photo scenery of the Fallon area:

http://www.blueskyscenery.com/NV.html

falcon409
February 28th, 2016, 08:52
I will add my 2cents here also. I understand the allure of Megascenery and others like it, but it is for "flying over" only. . .and at altitudes around 2000' and above. Lower than that and the resolution starts to fall apart and the landscape become something similar to a moonscape, lol (very little in the way of autogen buildings or vegetation). I tried it for a time with tiles for New Jersey and while it was cool to see familiar points of interest, the overall appeal was short lived and as Montie has mentioned, color correction (if done at all) is less than impressive. Nothing against the developers though as they are working with a high volume of tiles and color correcting that many and getting it all consistent is probably a daunting task at best. If it's something you really want, nothing we say will have much of an impact, but I see little value in it really, simply because I enjoy the the autogen, and trees and buildings as I move over the terrain.

txnetcop
February 28th, 2016, 09:24
I have lots of Megascenery...I should say I did. I gave all away...love FTX Global