PDA

View Full Version : New italian VTOL plane in need of beta testing

Corrado5834
February 27th, 2016, 11:26
Fiat G.95

Although never completed the project was shown at Le Bourget in 1962.
The know-how acquired was later ported to the VAK-191B.

Find pictures and beta version HERE (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4B4745D8612A4C3!621&authkey=!AOGXyvqbDwjT3ls&ithint=folder%2c).

Anyone willing to lend an hand, please report to MC5834@hotmail.it

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35506&stc=1

Interesting facts on the real thing, HERE (http://invirtuale.blogspot.it/), italian blog.

rcbarend
February 27th, 2016, 14:04
Should anyone interrested in such an aircraft, be reluctant to download the beta-V10 via the link in Corrado's post, for whatever reason:
I can highly recommend that you download it and try it out .......
You'll be amazed .....

Note: requires that you have FSUIPC (registered or not) installed and working on your FSX installation.

Cheers,

Rob Barendregt

ijay
February 27th, 2016, 14:25
have downloaded and flown briefly, i like it!!:applause:

Cees Donker
February 27th, 2016, 23:34
Very interesting project! I found this one very pleasing to fly! Enough work to go. Great work Corrado!

Cees

huub vink
February 28th, 2016, 02:52
Corrado la Posta's models are always very interesting :encouragement:

But I'm afraid I'm not really a jet-jockey.

Cheers,
Huub

scotth6
February 28th, 2016, 03:30
Very interesting aircraft. I am always curious about VTOL aircraft. I was amazed when I heard about the VTOL Mirage years ago, and I am amazed to see this plane also. I have downloaded but will only have a very short time to fly tonight. I will fly it some more after work tomorrow and report back. Thanks for the opportunity to test this plane out.

Cheers,

Scott

Corrado5834
February 28th, 2016, 03:55
The flight model is Rob's doing, I think this is one of his finest.
And many thanks to Massimo Altieri for the cockpits and Leonardo Riva for historical research and testing.

:ernaehrung004:

scotth6
March 5th, 2016, 21:07
I have flown this jet a few times now and I am impressed by the model and the flight dynamics. I noticed I didn't have any sound, but after checking the folders, found it was because the sound was aliased to an aircraft I didn't have installed. I think it was the Wilco Harrier, which funnily enough I do have, but just don't have installed right now. Nice job on a very interesting aircraft.

Cheers,

rcbarend
March 6th, 2016, 05:49
I have flown this jet a few times now and I am impressed by the model and the flight dynamics. I noticed I didn't have any sound, but after checking the folders, found it was because the sound was aliased to an aircraft I didn't have installed. I think it was the Wilco Harrier, which funnily enough I do have, but just don't have installed right now. Nice job on a very interesting aircraft.

Cheers,
Well, If you like these VSTOL jets, I suggest to re-installl the Wilco Harrier again with my latest VSTOL module added to it.

Cheers, Rob

lazarus
March 8th, 2016, 23:58
Really, people? Just the sounds of crickets and tumbleweeds, the odd coyote in the distance? Huh.
Well, I like it...really like it. The V/STOL model is phenomenal, transitions well-nigh perfect, including the long elusive short rolling take off and run-on landing. Corrado, your modelling has come a long way in a short while, some minor bugs, but you know where they are. Great VC, the most fun in the STOVL hangar, this one and the VAK191:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement : A thought on the placement of the Fiat's main gear- looking at the factory drawings and models, the main gear looks to retract along side the aft lift engine? have another look at the reference (skimpy!) and I think you've really got something here! Driving both of these around fast in the weeds on typical 'strike' sorties-just great FDE's for bombing, rock solid but responsive, no hands on the deck at transsonic speeds, even with heavy turbulence thrown in. The flight model is so stable I can set up a hands free VSTOL approach and fly to a precise touch down on the nozzles and throttle; it's the only VSTOL hat I can land on the spot I'm aiming at, and it stops, perfect deck manners. Well done, looking forward to the final version. The 'G', out dropping tinned sunshine....

Corrado5834
March 9th, 2016, 02:00
Great VC, the most fun in the STOVL hangar, this one and the VAK191. A thought on the placement of the Fiat's main gear- looking at the factory drawings and models, the main gear looks to retract along side the aft lift engine? have another look at the reference (skimpy!) and I think you've really got something here!

Thanks, and thanks for reporting on the landing gear, I have very little infos overall. :jump:
As for the VC see if this picture matches your install.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35835&stc=1

If not please download version 2 of both, I have added a few more STOVL gauges of late, including a working TVL (Thrust Vectoring Lever).

Please, report on the bugs, I may have actually not seen a few of them. :orange:

happy (vertical) flyings

Jafo
March 9th, 2016, 03:48
Really, people? Just the sounds of crickets and tumbleweeds, the odd coyote in the distance? Huh.

Well...I'd comment if I could download it. Link doesn't work for me...;)

Corrado5834
March 9th, 2016, 05:19
Well...I'd comment if I could download it. Link doesn't work for me...;)

Sorry for the inconvenience, must be some OneDrive crazyness ...
Try this one other LINK (http://www.isoliti4gatti.it/archivi/Fiat_G95_v02.zip).

lazarus
March 9th, 2016, 08:46
I'll dig what I have out and send it along- not much, I'm afraid. It was an inboard profile, showed the mains in the 'cheeks' forward of the aft lift engine bay, retracting forward, I think. Makes sense from a C of G standpoint, and being able to rotate the nose in STO mode. Please stand by....
I suppose the main gear is attached to the bulkhead under the aft wing attach-makes sense structurally. Always liked the NBR programme and all that nuclear strike wackyness. Came at a good time, been on a nuclear bomb modelling binge, and what a great plane for lay-down strikes; too much fun! The range is looking a bit moon like and the green-peacers are waving virtual protest songs out side the gates. Enjoy the jet-noise, suckers!

Corrado5834
March 9th, 2016, 09:18
I'll dig what I have out and send it along

Thanks.
I am going to post something in the VAK thread for you to read.

Astoroth
March 9th, 2016, 10:54
Not that I know anything about this plane, but I think the model looks great, and the flight model is rapidly becoming my favorite of all of Rob's VTOL files. I love the versatility of the STOL mode, but being able to go VTOL if needed is great. Took me a while to get used to treating the STOL like flaps, but once I got used to it, I love it!

Corrado5834
March 9th, 2016, 11:22
Not that I know anything about this plane

Nobody knows much. The project was abandoned and never flew.
So it's mostly a guessing game, fun though. :very_drunk:

Jafo
March 9th, 2016, 12:00
Sorry for the inconvenience, must be some OneDrive crazyness ...
Try this one other LINK (http://www.isoliti4gatti.it/archivi/Fiat_G95_v02.zip).
Got it this time....thanks, mate...;)

scotth6
March 30th, 2016, 21:07
Well, If you like these VSTOL jets, I suggest to re-installl the Wilco Harrier again with my latest VSTOL module added to it.

Cheers, Rob

Just saw this post Rob, and have now downloaded the Wilco Harrier update. I have the Razbam Harriers installed also, but can never have enough VSTOL aircraft. Thanks.

Cheers,