PDA

View Full Version : Sectionf8 Sabre

Ted Creagh
February 26th, 2016, 13:04
Greetings all...have a problem that I would like some assistance with... The F-86 veers to right on take-off and the right wing drops in flight...have pretty well pinned it down to a fuel payload problem...the "C of G" is off to the right and when I fill all tanks "full" (100%) and hit enter and back in the cockpit the entry is removed and I have to start over from scratch to re-set the fuel load. Does anyone know how to set the fuel payload so it "sticks"??

HarleyDude
February 26th, 2016, 14:59
Ted, This is one of my favorite aircraft and have logged many hours. A couple of ideas: 1) As you may or may not know when the aircraft is first loaded in the flight sim it is over weight. Go to the payload fuel section and adjust the weight to come in spec. I reduce the ammo round count by 500 rounds. 2) Before flight check the joy stick to make sure that all the taps and setting are correct. 3)There was a discussion on this problem about a year ago in the Forums. You might want to investigate there as well. It is a great aircraft and is a joy to fly. Plus there are tons of additional "skins" out there if you are willing to look. Hope this helps. HD

Javis
February 26th, 2016, 19:58
In addition to what the Dude says and if you've not done so already you might want to read Appendix 1 from the f86ef_ref.htm. And how about the external fuel tanks ? Do you use them when this veering off to the right happens ? Fuel systems particularly are Hansi's hobby horse. You have to follow what is described in Appendix 1 to the letter in order to fly safely. :cool:

Cheers,
Jan

manfredc3
February 26th, 2016, 22:04
This thread is bringing back memories.

In 2011 a friend made adjustments to this aircraft, which we then flew in a multiplayer session. There were 9 or 10 of us, all with their own call-sign and texture.
We had a blast.

I don't recall having any issues like mentioned here. Not sure if the friend fixed it, or what. I will have to get it out of the hangar and take it for a spin to find out.

HarleyDude
February 26th, 2016, 23:43
Ted, This evening I did some experimenting and this is what I found. First, I'm running FSXA with default scenery. Second, I loaded an F-86 and flew it out of Edwards AFB. Results normal flight controls. Third, I loaded another F-86 and experienced the same effects that you described a tendency for the A/C to drift right and once airborne to roll right. I tried fuel load adjustment with negative results. I tried dropping the external tanks with negative results. Fourth, I checked the joy stick calibration setting to see if they had changed - negative results. Fifth, I rebooted the flight sim and the A/C flew fine. When I switched to another F-86 the anomaly returned. The next thing I checked where the A/C control settings. On the left side of the cockpit just aft of the throttle are the switches for adding trim input. When the A/C is first loaded into the simulator for the first flight of the day the Rudder Trim reads 0.0. If the A/C are switched without going to a different type of A/C the Rudder Trim switch indicates 10 degrees trim. ( You can check the amount of trim by placing the mouse cursor on the trim switch.) This input would cause the situation that we both experienced. I tried to adjust the input using the switch/mouse with neg. results. I hope this helps. If you find a solution please post it. HD