PDA

View Full Version : Matcatz/Saitek customer support - update

ejoiner
February 26th, 2016, 04:00
Just to update the little saga of my X-55 HOTAS and replacement of my broken stick... As advised previously Madcatz had indicated delay until May this year for replacement. Simply too long for me. So I went out and purchased a refurbished used one from Ebay. Then to my utter amazement, Madcatz also shipped the replacement stick to me. So now i have TWO!!!

jandmbear
February 26th, 2016, 08:38
Wow. Murphy's Law at work!

lownslo
February 26th, 2016, 09:12
They are a goofy outfit, to say the least. Might be a good thing now that you have a second copy... you'll have your very own spares inventory. :encouragement:

Greg

StormILM
February 26th, 2016, 10:54
Just to update the little saga of my X-55 HOTAS and replacement of my broken stick... As advised previously Madcatz had indicated delay until May this year for replacement. Simply too long for me. So I went out and purchased a refurbished used one from Ebay. Then to my utter amazement, Madcatz also shipped the replacement stick to me. So now i have TWO!!!

Wow! Hopefully this time your stick will stay functional for a reasonable period of regular use (years hopefully). I'll be keeping watch & timing your experience and mine to measure the overall quality/durability of the X-55. I love mine but obviously users have hit or miss success with the X-55 holding up. When they work, they work great.

BTW, I may follow your plan, buy a used (or new) X-55 at a discounted price as a backup just in case. I still hope the Saitek line get's a rescue so to speak in getting their act together on QC and Customer Service.

ejoiner
February 26th, 2016, 14:51
BTW, I may follow your plan, buy a used (or new) X-55 at a discounted price as a backup just in case. I still hope the Saitek line get's a rescue so to speak in getting their act together on QC and Customer Service.

Wasnt so much a plan as I happened to find an X-55 standalone for sale without the throttle (which is exactly what I needed) for sale for about 90 bucks. Cheaper by far than investing in a new HOTAS, so I figured WTF and did it anyway. THen lo and behold madcatz rose from the dead and sent me a stick also. I had flamed their facebook page pretty hard and another person on here who had the same problem did the same (though unrelated or coordinated event). We both got replacements I understand... so i guess the squeeky wheels got greased.