PDA

View Full Version : X10 Belle Glade State WIP

JoeW
October 7th, 2008, 12:18
I've been diddling with a little scenery just west of West Palm Beach, Florida. This is a small airport that is used for Cropdusting and recreational use. Last time I drove by there was a tractor and several hang gliders there. I was really testing this new installer (To me) and used the airport to do it.
If you think ya'll will like it, I'll upload here and later at Avsim.
Thanks

harleyman
October 7th, 2008, 12:41
I like Fl. airports and do lots of flying there.......it will be onthe way to MoCats Carribean scenery in Fl. too....:applause:

BananaBob
October 7th, 2008, 12:43
Looks great Joe and love that weathered Piper paint, is that here for download? :ernae:

FAC257
October 7th, 2008, 13:08
More little Fla airports is always good.

JoeW
October 7th, 2008, 14:56
Looks great Joe and love that weathered Piper paint, is that here for download? :ernae:

Bob ... thats the FS9 Kittens skins. I made them DXT5 and they work great. I had to copy the spinner and other stuff from the default Cub. I offered to upload the Kittens I altered ( Thats all I did was make them DXT5) but there was no responce so I let it die.

Forrest, I started to just send it to you but didn't know if you would want ti.

FAC257
October 7th, 2008, 15:27
Your Fla airports are welcome over here anytime Joe. :)

BTW Didn't know if you've seen them but Smith Graphics has uploaded several small Florida airport AFCADs at Avsim over the last several days.

I've been Dling them but haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

Search under "Smith Graphics" in the FSX AFCAD section of the library.

JoeW
October 7th, 2008, 18:03
Your Fla airports are welcome over here anytime Joe. :)

BTW Didn't know if you've seen them but Smith Graphics has uploaded several small Florida airport AFCADs at Avsim over the last several days.

I've been Dling them but haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

Search under "Smith Graphics" in the FSX AFCAD section of the library.

I downloaded them also. They were the reason I wanted to get an installer. I'm using the same one. Check your mail.
I'm debating on adding sound to this but have to find out how to add multi destination folders. Does anyone know how to do this?

FAC257
October 8th, 2008, 01:07
Joe

Got it thanks. I'll take a look as soon as I get back form work this afternoon.

If your using a registered version of Winzip part of it's installation process is to add "Winzip Self-Extractor Personal Edition". When you point it at the files and folders it will take everything as it sits when it creates the .exe file. It works exactly like Winzip except it makes exe files instead of just zips.

JoeW
October 8th, 2008, 06:12
Well ....... I found a way to do it. This scenery will have sounds.
As soon as I hear from the testers I will upload it here.
I hope ya'll enjoy it.

JoeW
October 8th, 2008, 17:24
It's been posted. should be up later. I'll upload it to avsim Friday morning.
Thanks Guy's

JoeW
October 9th, 2008, 11:47
I uploaded it last night. It's still not up. What did I do wrong?
Can anyone tell me?

rsgunner
October 9th, 2008, 13:43
Joe

I have uploaded files and received a confirmation but the files disappeared.

I had to upload them again.

In the 60s I used go out to X58 to get my reserve repacked by a FAA certified rigger. It was a hot spot for jumpers back then.

Russ

JoeW
October 9th, 2008, 15:28
Thanks RS. I just uploaded it again.
I'll check X58 out, if it shows some promise I'll do that too.
Thanks

Panther_99FS
October 9th, 2008, 19:14
Thanks...Joe,
They're both in our queue now...Just haven't been released yet...:mixedsmi:

JoeW
October 10th, 2008, 06:25
OK ........... Thanks P
Is there any idea when it will be posted?
I have a correction that needs to be done. If I do another zip and upload it will that mess things up?
Thanks

Mr.Mugel
October 10th, 2008, 10:54
It is up there, going to give it a try after dinner....

FAC257
October 10th, 2008, 11:02
World famous Belle Glade. :)

Now all ya' need is some giant ant animated scenery, and you could could create a mission based on that old cheesy sci-fi flick "Empire of the Ants".

Almost the whole movie was filmed in Belle Glade back in the 70's with parts in Ft. Pierce and Stuart. Joan Collins at her acting best. :costumes: