PDA

View Full Version : Converting Alphasim Freeware planes

Cirrus N210MS
February 22nd, 2016, 09:11
i am right now working on the ALPHA C-141B Starlifter and others No prop planes only the jets :wavey: some of them are easy some are hard lets bring them into FSX Good memorys flying Alphasim back in 2004 :biggrin-new:

anyone want to work as a team??? i can convert the models I dont know panel config stuff i am trying to learn best i can

hertzie
February 22nd, 2016, 09:53
Hi Cirrus, I've converted a lot of CFS2 planes to FSX, including a lot of panel configurations. They are on the SimV-site. If I can be of any help with your panels I'll be glad to do so.

Regards, hertzie.

expat
February 22nd, 2016, 10:18
Nothing would make me happier than a native conversion of this classic to merge some different VC's with. Model (freeware by David Maltby) attached!

http://s17.postimg.org/mrmm6e5pp/vc102.jpg

Cirrus N210MS
February 22nd, 2016, 11:30
Nothing would make me happier than a native conversion of this classic to merge some different VC's with. Model (freeware by David Maltby) attached!

http://s17.postimg.org/mrmm6e5pp/vc102.jpg

do you have the full download? i need to test it befor i upload aircrafts just to make sure everything is working :wavey:

Cirrus N210MS
February 22nd, 2016, 11:43
Hi Cirrus, I've converted a lot of CFS2 planes to FSX, including a lot of panel configurations. They are on the SimV-site. If I can be of any help with your panels I'll be glad to do so.

Regards, hertzie.

some of the onces i have uploaded all ready the gauge files are too old and the panels need to be redone do you think maybe you could take a Look at them? :wavey:

harrybasset
February 22nd, 2016, 11:53
I would have thought that this VC10 is perhaps still in copyright?

Cirrus N210MS
February 22nd, 2016, 12:03
I would have thought that this VC10 is perhaps still in copyright?

Thats a Place you dont want to go if its copyrighted i am Staying away from that sorry i dont need that kind of probs :biggrin-new:

DaveB
February 22nd, 2016, 12:04
This is from DM's readme..

This aircraft is Freeware.
It may not be sold for profit or charged for in any way.
You may repaint this model and then upload it to any internet site that makes it available free of charge, as long as David Maltby is credited for the original model.
David Maltby always retains full copyright of the 3D model.
Steps have been taken in the model's design to provide evidence should it be decompiled & used as a base for another 3d model.
You are not allowed to decompile the 3D model. Although I give away the final results for free, I do not give away all the design work that went into it.

I think that just about says it all;)
ATB
DaveB:)

expat
February 22nd, 2016, 13:36
Well why don't we just ask David M? Save him the bother of getting 10 more years of "please can you make an FSX VC for your Vickers VC-10"? He may - it is up to him - only wish others not to change the model for commercial use.

hertzie
February 23rd, 2016, 01:28
"some of the onces i have uploaded all ready the gauge files are too old and the panels need to be redone do you think maybe you could take a Look at them?"

Sure, I'll be glad to see if I can be of any help. Send me a pm with your email-adress, that works quicker.

Regards, hertzie.

DaveB
February 23rd, 2016, 07:00
Well why don't we just ask David M? Save him the bother of getting 10 more years of "please can you make an FSX VC for your Vickers VC-10"? He may - it is up to him - only wish others not to change the model for commercial use.
DM was the first of our venerable crew at CBFS to retire from modelling. He's not made or updated anything for years and I honestly can't see that changing. You could always ask:)
Atb
DaveB:)

expat
February 23rd, 2016, 07:13
Will try to track DM down. Whatever he says we will respect. Thanks Dave.

lazarus
February 23rd, 2016, 07:48
C-141A/B has been in simviation library since xmas. Re; VC-10, ask Mr. Maltby.
In technical terms, decompiling means changing formats. These conversions are all done in MDL format, no decompiling involved. The MDL to DCS and strike fighter are decompiled. Not even splitting rabbits. Some may argue 'semantics'! Yes, semantically, words have meanings, with out meaning, language fails and all civilization stops. Just ask the Babylonians, if you can find any.

Victory103
February 23rd, 2016, 17:13
What program are you guys using to accomplish this? I've got a few from the Alpha freeware stockpiles that were made for CFS2, but I heard you can use them for AI in FSX, at least the WWII are usable. The 2 subjects, CFS2 A-6A and UH-1C, show up as parts only in MCX for me.

fsafranek
April 20th, 2016, 07:11
What program are you guys using to accomplish this? I've got a few from the Alpha freeware stockpiles that were made for CFS2, but I heard you can use them for AI in FSX, at least the WWII are usable. The 2 subjects, CFS2 A-6A and UH-1C, show up as parts only in MCX for me.
This is not unusual. It means they are so old MCX can't deal with this. Probably pre-FS9 vintage.
:ernaehrung004:

fsafranek
April 20th, 2016, 07:36
Thats a Place you dont want to go if its copyrighted i am Staying away from that sorry i dont need that kind of probs :biggrin-new:
It is all Copyrighted and still falls under the Microsoft Flightsim EULA (as does even the Dove Tail Games FSX-SE version as they have stated themselves).

If the old Alphasim aircraft you want to mess with isn't available for download from the Virtavia freeware page (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php) my advise would be stay away from it. Finding copies anywhere else means you are playing with an unsanctioned (and possibly/probably illegally uploaded) copy. You are of course (if your conscience allows) able to manipulate the files anyway you can -- keeping in mind that is what it means when the EULA says don't "reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble".

But if you do keep it for your personal use but do not upload anywhere (as the EULA further states) because then you involve the host of the file depository. In the case of SOH that would be Ickie. Not sure he would be too keen on that.
:ernaehrung004:

mal998
April 20th, 2016, 16:57
The C-141 for FS9 appears as freeware at the Virtavia web site.