PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 set up for P3Dv3...?

Timmy74
February 20th, 2016, 22:41
Hello Chaps,

I have just installed P3Dv3 and was wondering what the best set up for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX670 would be? Or can I just copy my FSX setup?

This all new to me and would like any tips. Maybe post a screenie of their NVIDIA setup?

Regards,
Tim...

Daube
February 21st, 2016, 00:56
The most important thing would be to ensure all parameters linked to transparency antialiasing are properly disabled. This will save a dramatic amount of FPS in bad weather and with "smoke heavy" aircrafts.
For the rest, there's not much to adjust. You might want to set the maximum pre-rendered frames number to 1, as some say it will make the sim smoother.
Finally, i would advise you to set the "texture filtering" mode to "Performance", but not "maximum performance".
Then, later on, you can increase that parameter to "quality" or "maximum quality" to get more beautiful textures, and measure the FPS cost.

When it comes to the settings in the sim, You should start with settings similar to the FSX ones.
For the new settings that didn't exist in FSX, you should be very careful. Some of them have no FPS impact at all, and some of them have dramatic impacts.
You might want to limit the shadow casting distance of the clouds to 30 kms for example.
And if you fly over OrbX sceneries, the checkboxes "send" and "receive" should be disabled for trees, because that will kill your FPS in some areas.
The rest of the checkboxes can be activated though :)
Also, disable the "bathimetry" option, as the underwater world has nothing interesting for the moment.
What else?... I'll write some more stuff if anything comes back to my mind.

Timmy74
February 21st, 2016, 10:53
The most important thing would be to ensure all parameters linked to transparency antialiasing are properly disabled. This will save a dramatic amount of FPS in bad weather and with "smoke heavy" aircrafts.
For the rest, there's not much to adjust. You might want to set the maximum pre-rendered frames number to 1, as some say it will make the sim smoother.
Finally, i would advise you to set the "texture filtering" mode to "Performance", but not "maximum performance".
Then, later on, you can increase that parameter to "quality" or "maximum quality" to get more beautiful textures, and measure the FPS cost.

When it comes to the settings in the sim, You should start with settings similar to the FSX ones.
For the new settings that didn't exist in FSX, you should be very careful. Some of them have no FPS impact at all, and some of them have dramatic impacts.
You might want to limit the shadow casting distance of the clouds to 30 kms for example.
And if you fly over OrbX sceneries, the checkboxes "send" and "receive" should be disabled for trees, because that will kill your FPS in some areas.
The rest of the checkboxes can be activated though :)
Also, disable the "bathimetry" option, as the underwater world has nothing interesting for the moment.
What else?... I'll write some more stuff if anything comes back to my mind.

Thank you for some insight Daube. I will have a go with a little more confidence.

Regards,
Tim...