PDA

View Full Version : Dino's F-14D v2.40 question/problem

Frosty
February 18th, 2016, 14:01
Hi guys,

A short (and perhaps silly) question from someone who is more active in the CFS3 forum but rediscovered carrier-landings (not seriously available in CFS3):

I tried Dino's F-14D v2.40 but the FSX "flaps down (in increments)" command doesn't seem to work from within the VC. Using the command in an external view I can see the flaps drop and back in the VC, both the lever and the indicator show 'flaps down'. In the VC however, I can only 'click+drag' the flap lever with my mouse as the keyboard command doesn't seem to do anything. Unfortunately, fiddeling with my mouse and TrackIR is rather distracting when it comes to keeping the donut on the AoA indexer: vLSO doesn't like my erratic flying (not improved by my TM Cougar's stiff springs) and cuts me off before even getting near the groove :banghead: (Nice program, btw!! :adoration:). So a working keyboard command would be better for me.

I went through Dino's docs en read how he set up the wing sweep / flap etc. but I couldn't see/find a solution. I also searched the web but as no-one else reported this thing, it must be me. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong or how to properly operate the flaps in this aircraft?

Thanks!!

Stickshaker
February 19th, 2016, 12:55
Have you checked that the keyboard command is the proper one in the key assignment list in Settings (or Options)?
I have no problems with Dino's plane. Try programming the command into a throttle button. I don't know if it helps, but that is what I did and it works for me.

Frosty
February 19th, 2016, 13:00
Thanks,

Are you asking me whether I am pressing the right key on my keyboard? :biggrin-new::biggrin-new:
I think I do, because in external view the flaps drop. It just isn't working from inside the VC. But I 'll revert back to the stock FSX command and see what that gives me...

Frosty
February 19th, 2016, 14:31
Stickshaker,

You actually gave me the idea to try and bind another key to the command and hey, that one works! W-E-I-R-D! (but could have thought of that myself - stupid :banghead:)

The only thing I can think of, is that there is some conflict in my HOTAS programming and my FSX key binding. Oh well, probably better to write a separate file for this software and hardware combo instead of forcing my CFS3 key setup on FSX (but I sooo accustomed to it :sorrow:).

Thanks for helping out!

Dino Cattaneo
February 22nd, 2016, 03:41
...not sure if this is what caused the problem, but bear in mind that the F-14, while in VC, has some hard-coded keyboard shortcuts for Tacpack functions (see docs folder).
These cannot be reassigned (unless you tinker with the XML code).

Frosty
February 23rd, 2016, 13:20
...not sure if this is what caused the problem, but bear in mind that the F-14, while in VC, has some hard-coded keyboard shortcuts for Tacpack functions (see docs folder).
These cannot be reassigned (unless you tinker with the XML code).

As I don't have TacPack, I didn't go through the weapons .pdf. I just browsed through the file and indeed one of the keys I assigned, is used for TacPack functions. No problem, I've already created a new key file for my HOTAs setup using mostly stock FSX key assigments. Problem solved - Thanks for your reply!! (And my compliments for a wonderful model!!)