PDA

View Full Version : Manfred Jahn C47 payload issue?

neucoas
February 17th, 2016, 15:42
I'm having a blast with the Manfred Jahn C47. I have a problem i think, i can get the payload manager to work.

For example, i hover with the mouse over the Total Fuel, I use the scroll wheel to select PETTERN and press the middle click of the mouse, but the fuel load don't change. The same with the Total Payload option.

I'm on the ground with battery off, parking breaks on.. What i'm missing? Did not find anything on the readme.

I'm using FSX-SE but in standalone mode!

mjahn
February 18th, 2016, 23:38
Hi, tried it (after a long time or hiatus as it is now called) on my setup (SP2), and found it was still working alrightish, as you can see in the pic

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/C47_status.jpg

These could be possible issues: your mouse middle button is configured for some special function (check middle mouse options on p. 2 of the gauge); the gauge may not like FSX-SE (I know the fuel system doesn't work properly in P3D). I notice the Total Weight doesn't update after changing the fuel load (it does when you reset it after changing the fuel). Bottom line it is an old gauge that hasn't been updated in years. I guess one has to live with it ftb.

neucoas
February 19th, 2016, 04:02
Hi, tried it (after a long time or hiatus as it is now called) on my setup (SP2), and found it was still working alrightish, as you can see in the pic

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/C47_status.jpg

These could be possible issues: your mouse middle button is configured for some special function (check middle mouse options on p. 2 of the gauge); the gauge may not like FSX-SE (I know the fuel system doesn't work properly in P3D). I notice the Total Weight doesn't update after changing the fuel load (it does when you reset it after changing the fuel). Bottom line it is an old gauge that hasn't been updated in years. I guess one has to live with it ftb.

Thanks! :) Just to let you know, and everybody else, i got this answer from a guy in another group

1.Somewhere back in April of 2015 a Steam update has rendered some functions of this awesome plane inoperable most notably the Fuel Transfer panel does not have full function ( you are only able to crossfeed fuel from left and right to the engines, all fuel transfers either between mains or aux / wing does not work and to my knowledge there is no fix, it has something to do with the .dll file that has broken with an update along the way.
2.The payload manager ( for me anyway) is only useful for putting the aircraft in a cold and dark state by selecting "Empty" and pressing the middle mouse button. You can not load fuel or payload via this UI, if you do it via the MS payload/fuel or FSpassengers manager the numbers will show correctly however, but as far as i know it remains broken.

So the issue is because FSX-SE. No problem at all, still a great plane!! :applause:

mjahn
February 19th, 2016, 09:17
Thanks for this info, much appreciated!

cavaricooper
February 20th, 2016, 12:17
Manfred-

I am consistently amazed by your level of support! Your baby is going to have herself a new bonnet very soon- and the freeware world will never be quite the same thereafter :). You have begun a truly magnificent dream quest.

Bitte mein herr!

Best- Carl