PDA

View Full Version : Crash Detection setting not working....

Navy Chief
February 17th, 2016, 03:22
I always have my crash detection setting on "off". But I turned it on, just to see what would happen. No matter what I go through (building or otherwise), or hit the runway....nothing happens. Am running FSX-SE. NC

dhazelgrove
February 17th, 2016, 10:37
TacPack?

Dave

Lane Street
February 17th, 2016, 10:40
To get a building crash the building has to have crash boxes built into the model.

Many buildings don't have them so you will never get a crash, even with crash detection tuned on.

cheers,
Lane

Navy Chief
February 17th, 2016, 13:05
Yes, I have TacPac. Hadn't thought of that. As for buildings not detecting crashes, what about runways? If they don't detect crashes, then is the Realism setting to turn it off/on even necessary? NC

Lane Street
February 17th, 2016, 13:13
As for buildings not detecting crashes, what about runways? If they don't detect crashes, then is the Realism setting to turn it off/on even necessary? NC

Maybe you're not hitting it hard enough?

Try a gear up landing.

cheers,
Lane

Navy Chief
February 17th, 2016, 13:23
Maybe you're not hitting it hard enough?

Try a gear up landing.

cheers,
Lane

Well, just as a test, before I made my initial post, I had nosedived into a runway. Nothing. NC

Am thinking the TacPac may be the culprit, but will check. From what little I just read from some VRS posts, it looks like that may be the reason. NC

What I am trying to do is set up things to take a screenshot of a crash. There is a thread on SOH for members to "recreate" a crash that occured. I am just trying to do that.