PDA

View Full Version : Seaplane Problem with Acceleration

PutPut
February 2nd, 2009, 20:12
Why does my latest seaplane project land and settle down correctly as shown in the first pic after a water takeoff, but does not settle in correctly after a catapult launch using the rcbco-30 gauges as shown in the second pic? This started happening after I installed Acceleration and never before. We are talking the same plane the same .cfg file and the same contact points. I have tried changing the pontoon contact points from float to scrape and vs versa with no effect.
No, I am not taking any illegal substances and I haven't had too many bottles of Grolsch, but this might drive me to it!

Paul

harleyman
February 3rd, 2009, 04:45
That is strange.... I wonder if the catapult launch somehow puts some kind of entry into the config or something when used..Then does not use it when doing a water take off...

I'm no builder, and have no real clue....Just a thought...

PutPut
February 3rd, 2009, 10:51
I'm pleased to say I solved this problem by experimenting with the impact speed and damping values. Interestingly, I had used the default Dehaviland Beaver as a template for the flight dynamics and the stock impact speed and damping values are the ones that caused my problem. Now, I'll have a Grolsch!:ernae:

Paul

harleyman
February 3rd, 2009, 11:36
Hey...Great fix there ...I think you need two cold ones for that....LOL :friday: