PDA

View Full Version : Notice to all the Repainters...

rdaniell
February 16th, 2016, 04:49
....here at the Outhouse. There's a new kid (old man) in town now. Below is a WIP of my first project. I really think I've captured that 6 month Earl Scheib look!

RD

stovall
February 16th, 2016, 05:51
....I really think I've captured that 6 month Earl Scheib look!

RD

RD, you and I know who Earl was but not sure the rest of these kids would know. Back in the 50's Earl Scheib would give you a complete (chrome included) paint job for your jalopy for $20.00.

Great start for your WIP.

Duckie
February 16th, 2016, 06:28
I remember Earl's commercials on the Tonight Show and then watching Johnny Carson do jokes about his paint jobs, chrome, mirrors AND glass included!

RD, be verrrrrry careful of this trap. Much like scenery building, painting airplanes can be verrrrrry addictive!

Great start tho....I don't know if I could make one look that believably bad! :biggrin-new::biggrin: :encouragement:

Willy
February 16th, 2016, 06:35
Just keep plugging away at it there RD!

And I'll second what Duckie said about it's being addictive. I've played around with painting for years but somehow back in the summer, the bug really bit. Darn Lodestars, Gee Bees & C-1A Traders...

The name of my work in progress folder for paints: Scheib's Paint Booth.

rdaniell
February 16th, 2016, 07:44
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I think I'll leave the wings silver for a little added panache :biggrin-new: . Duckie do you really think it looks ugly? You are joking aren't you?

RD

jankees
February 16th, 2016, 08:28
good start! I like 'em dirty

Cees Donker
February 16th, 2016, 08:51
Before you know it you'll be going to Repainters-Anonymous! Beware!

:biggrin-new:

Cees

Duckie
February 16th, 2016, 09:45
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I think I'll leave the wings silver for a little added panache :biggrin-new: . Duckie do you really think it looks ugly? You are joking aren't you?

RD

OOPS! Forgot to capitalize! ...BAD! :pop4:

rdaniell
February 16th, 2016, 10:22
Before you know it you'll be going to Repainters-Anonymous! Beware!

:biggrin-new:

Cees

Cees,

I hope they don't meet at the same time as scenery makers anonymous.:biggrin-new:

RD