PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 Textures

Lonewolfee1
February 14th, 2016, 20:05
I'm just getting back into CFS2. Was able to get it working n my Win7 machine. Was wondering if there are any replacement textures for the world of CFS2?

Shessi
February 14th, 2016, 23:38
Hi L,
Welcome back to the 'basement'!

I don't know how long you've been away from CFS2, but it is a completely different beast now, from what M$ issued.

What I would say, and is important, is before you install anything, make several versions of the basic install. That way you can try out different things in a 'test' install, and if it doesn't work or messes things up, it doesn't matter, as you've not been using your main CFS2 one.
Easy, just copy the whole CFS2 directory file and paste into the same main HDD directory location as the other one, do this three or four times, that way you can, if you want, to have a Far East, Mediterranean, Russian, European, TEST etc etc...install.

The CFS2 Warbirds Library here at SOH, has got most of the items you need, scenery etc. I'd start with a new/improved mesh and then build from there.

Apologies if this seems a little obvious, but if you have a query, before you ask on the forum, use the search function (Top right) for that info. You'd be surprised how many have asked the same question, and got the best answer, and because you're looking through question/answer posts, it often makes it clearer, and you learn a lot more that way. Obviously if it doesn't, then ask away!

Cheers

Shessi

No Dice
February 15th, 2016, 06:29
You may want to check out, Richards World elevated mesh, water class and maybe Saunders pack as well
http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/CFS2_scenery1.htm

Happy Flying,

Dave