PDA

View Full Version : Tacpac

gray eagle
February 13th, 2016, 14:54
I'm trying to find out if TACPAC is sold separately or only avail with the Superbug?

DaveSHQ
February 13th, 2016, 14:55
Both methods

mikewmac
February 13th, 2016, 15:10
I'm trying to find out if TACPAC is sold separately or only avail with the Superbug?
You can indeed purchase TacPack separate from the SuperBug.

flaviossa
February 13th, 2016, 15:14
But you canīt buy superbug without tackpack :encouragement:

Tony G
February 13th, 2016, 15:48
Superbug is worth it. Great aircraft.

DaveB
February 13th, 2016, 16:00
It depends on how you look at it. You CAN buy the Superbug without buying TacPack (as I did) but some would say it's not worth it. I'd beg to differ.. of course;)
ATB
DaveB:)

flaviossa
February 13th, 2016, 16:15
Interesting. Reading Superbug selling page it indicates that superbug will not work withou tp. My english may be not very good but i understood that if i bought superbug and not tp, the plane would not even load. I bought superbug + tp because i wanted the two of them, but isnīt the way the "words" are used indicates that the plane would not work at all? Nice to know that the plane loads still. Thanks for the info.

joe bob
February 13th, 2016, 16:27
The way I read it is the Super Bug can be used separately for FSX but tacpac is required for the P3D version.
Trust me, if you can spare the cash Tacpac is worth the purchase.

flaviossa
February 13th, 2016, 16:45
After reading again with more attention, it says: "*Steam Edition support requires TacPack-Powered versions of the Superbug (i.e. the TacPack is required)"
So, the obligation of TP is just for FSX-SE apparently?

Timmy74
February 13th, 2016, 19:07
Sorry to chime in....but do you need to purchase "TacPack" for the Milviz "TacPack" versions to work?:dizzy:

Cheers,
Tim.

Tony G
February 13th, 2016, 19:19
Sorry to chime in....but do you need to purchase "TacPack" for the Milviz "TacPack" versions to work?:dizzy:

Cheers,
Tim.

Yes. I clipped this from their
purchase page.

TacPack Edition: F-86F SabreMulti-platform installer, for all platforms currently supported by the TacPack software (required, not included)

airattackimages
February 13th, 2016, 19:49
You can get it without... but with the Superbug being one of the finest aircraft ever made for MSFS, why would you? ;)

Timmy74
February 13th, 2016, 22:14
Yes. I clipped this from their
purchase page.

[/h]

Thank you TonyG.

awstub
February 14th, 2016, 18:13

Cheers,
Tim.

From my experience, it is possible to install & fly any of the Milviz aircraft without Tacpack and enjoy them as you would any other plane in FSX....but you can't operate any of the weapons systems. You can fly with ordinance loaded on the a/c and it affects the handling but that's about it.

I do recommend Tacpack. It, along with the new crop of hi-fidelity military aircraft that are being produced these days, has breathed a new life into FSX for me.

Timmy74
February 14th, 2016, 22:03
From my experience, it is possible to install & fly any of the Milviz aircraft without Tacpack and enjoy them as you would any other plane in FSX....but you can't operate any of the weapons systems. You can fly with ordinance loaded on the a/c and it affects the handling but that's about it.

I do recommend Tacpack. It, along with the new crop of hi-fidelity military aircraft that are being produced these days, has breathed a new life into FSX for me.

Sorry...just to be clear? I need to buy the "TacPack" from VRS as well as the Milviz TacPack addon for the Milviz stuff to work? Yes....?:dizzy:

EDIT... Brain fart! Tony G did answer my question. So sorry for the confusion. My bad.

dhazelgrove
February 14th, 2016, 23:56
just to recap, then:

If you want TacPack functionality, you must have TacPack installed.
You will need to buy TacPack.
You don't need to buy the VRS Superbug.

As an example, I have TacPack in both FSXA and P3Dv2. I only have the Superbug in FSXA.
Yes, you can run both on the same system.

Right. Teabreak over - back on your heads!

Dave