PDA

View Full Version : FA-18C over Libya (2 x FSX Missions)

xpelekis
February 13th, 2016, 11:37
We are being "bombed" with some excellent and Tacpacked planes right now,
but here is also a freeware "diamond" : FSDT FSBA F-18C v16.1

Plane Download Link from second post :
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.1140.html

It's an extensively upgraded version of the Legacy FSX default F-18 that I had overlooked.
Compared to later, it's like comparing the "day with the night"... Flies with realism,
comes Tacpacked and station loaded, advanced HUD and systems integrations, new vapor
effects and looots of liveries. I admit I've "stuck" with this plane and I'be built two missions
for flying and enjoying her qualities...

Both FSX (only) Missions have been uploaded in the SOH missions section and feature
Carrier Operations at Libya. If an admin could be kind enough to delete the standalone Air Superiority
mission, since is included upgraded in this new pack.
There is on Air Superiority & one Ground pounding mission :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGP4J73x_CI

Both missions feature :
- AIs that dynamically pursuit user and are capable of simulated missile aerial combat
- Voice overs FOX2, FOX3, Target destroyed, G load breath
- Airborne start and Carrier landing (Nimitz)

Regarding the Ground pounding mission (video) has been designed for maximized
replayability :
- AIs spawn in a random number (0 up to 4), relative to user's position (ie, not a static spawn
position) after he passes the Latitude of the most northern coasts of Libya.
Implication is that AIs are able to engage user wherever over the Libya theater.

Though mission provides by default two destructible scenery targets (a ship at Tripolis port and
a smal refinary nearby), has been designed with the idea and functionality of user custom made
mission variations to fly inside this mission.

For example, user may spawn moving ground convoys with CCP (or any other application) in
Libya theater as his missions targets. Or static targets with .tps files, CCP or other "tools" like
parked Migs at Tripoli's airport. Or maybe use some of F18MT's ready mission to fly inside this
FSX Mission. Or even place SAMs, etc...

The AI Migs of the mission will always be there to give user some hard time before he manages
(or not) to accomplish his mission...

The concept idea of "F-18 over Tripoli" (miss2) that I described above, is demonstrated in video.
I fly the mission - my flying sucks... - with FSX@War destructible scenery activated inside mission's
environment. But I was too unlucky : 7 x AI missiles shots, only 3 avoided...

With those great Vietnam Era planes that have been just released, expect to see similar "things" for
the 'Nam theater...

Enjoy !

BendyFlyer
February 13th, 2016, 20:28
Thanks for that looks interesting, will give it a go once I have installed the F18 Revised Pack and checked out the aircraft.

StormILM
February 14th, 2016, 02:16
xpelekism thanks for posting. This iteration of the Hornet model is much improved but I noticed one little issue, the Pilot's head is fixed looking down and left but the helmet moves with control stick inputs. I'm not plugged in over at that forum to pass this along.

Victory103
February 14th, 2016, 18:07
Storm, known issue and on "jimi's" fix list.

xpelekis, again thanks for keeping the missions coming, the A2G element adds to immersion of a strike fighter. In the previous version, the Mig-23 drivers hate me.

menef
February 15th, 2016, 01:17
Xpelekis, are you able to find also the download link for the Hornet D version ? (Always IF it has the same level of the C version) I' m new at fsdreamteam forum and I haven't time to find it!!! There's
tens of pages to check ! Thank you:very_drunk:

xpelekis
February 15th, 2016, 09:35
As far as I understand, it's not yet (or properly) ready.

menef
February 15th, 2016, 09:46
As far as I understand, it's not yet (or properly) ready.

Ok thank you :mixed-smiley-010: