PDA

View Full Version : HU Bush Flying

rich12545
February 7th, 2016, 15:40
Most of my flying is in the bush. There's a fellow who has made a ton of excellent programs both freeware and payware.

To get the freeware ones, go to Flightsim and do a search for Gera in all of FSX. There are about 200. Most are flight adventures and the rest are missions. Almost all have scenery and flights. Some have stories. They are all around the world but most are in central or south America. I think he is from Panama but not sure. It's all kinda like pulp.

The payware company is Rolling Cumulus and the programs are available at Simmarket and Flightsim. There are more than 70 available and are priced average about $10. They are similar to the freeware but more polished.

I've put many hours into these both free and pay ware and think they are great.

Timmy74
February 7th, 2016, 16:28
Ooooo..... I am keen! :jump:

Are they compatible with ORBX FTX-Vector and FS Global 2010?

Cheers,
Tim...

rich12545
February 7th, 2016, 17:06
Generally you should have no problem. One time in the Andes mountains, my destination airport was in a 10 foot ditch which can happen with almost any mesh. Being an accomplished bush pilot, I simply landed in a nearby field. The owner of the field came running out of his house shaking a stick but I gave him a couple of dollars so everything was fine.

It's remotely possible that an airport or village might be in the middle of the Amazon river due to the orbx vector changes. If that ever happens, you can always temporarily disable the vector. Something like that would be rare though.

Anyway, if you like the idea, go on over to flightsim and download a few programs. They're free.

manfredc3
February 7th, 2016, 19:39
Thanks for the heads-up on these flights/missions. I lobe the old prop birds and downloaded some of Gera's files.

Looking forward to giving then a try.

Timmy74
February 7th, 2016, 21:47
Generally you should have no problem. One time in the Andes mountains, my destination airport was in a 10 foot ditch which can happen with almost any mesh. Being an accomplished bush pilot, I simply landed in a nearby field. The owner of the field came running out of his house shaking a stick but I gave him a couple of dollars so everything was fine.

It's remotely possible that an airport or village might be in the middle of the Amazon river due to the orbx vector changes. If that ever happens, you can always temporarily disable the vector. Something like that would be rare though.

Anyway, if you like the idea, go on over to flightsim and download a few programs. They're free.

Thank you rich12545. I will pop over and have a gander... As much as I love bush flying in PNG there is always room for other challenging bush strips.

Regards,
Tim...