PDA

View Full Version : PTO Solomons missions end to desktop

jldjs
October 7th, 2008, 11:02
Last played 3 months ago. Tried today and any mission I select, including QC, ends by going to desktop. Have deleted uisel.xml each time but get same result. Can't remember if there is a fix for this or what causes it. as I said, last played in July, and all was well best I can remember. Any useful advice would be appreciated as I don't want to re-install (ugh, all those updates and add-ons)

rbp71854
October 7th, 2008, 11:09
It could be a number of things causing the problem, there is no one thing that is always the cause. A possibility might be a missing file. Do you have a backup of your install on a separate hdd? Can you change airfields in QC, if you can try that.

Last played 3 months ago. Tried today and any mission I select, including QC, ends by going to desktop. Have deleted uisel.xml each time but get same result. Can't remember if there is a fix for this or what causes it. as I said, last played in July, and all was well best I can remember. Any useful advice would be appreciated as I don't want to re-install (ugh, all those updates and add-ons)

jldjs
October 7th, 2008, 11:27
Well, I ran QC but changed AC and Location and game started to run. Went right back to AC and Location that previously failed, and all is running now. Duh!
Thanks