PDA

View Full Version : Scenery XML help request

jeansy
February 5th, 2016, 20:25
Im in need of a lil help from a scenery guru to generate some 2016 Oil Rig platform scenery around Australia

I have all the locations of the Rigs, care of a Gov .kmz file

what im having problems is the xml code to put in Airport/helipad codes start points so they show in the GPS and programs like FSC etc etc

each time i make a xml just for one spot it fails to compile as it contains errors which i have no idea about

If someone would be kind enough to start me off with a XML with the first location, (because after numerous attempts im ready to call it a day) I will be greatly appreciated and I will copy and past the rest to complete it

Ive attached a csv with all the details >>>>34591<<<<< with all the info required

Thanks

kdl
February 6th, 2016, 02:16
I seem to recall that OZx set a lot of oil rigs around Australia already. These ones are included in their files OZx 3.0 - 3.4.
I'm afraid I don't remember the names so I cannot compare with those ones you named in your csv-file.

Dieter

DaveB
February 6th, 2016, 02:56
It was/is possible to drag the OSG rigs around the UK into FSX but I can't remember now if they DID show in FS9 using FSNav or if they didn't show in FS9 but do in FSX using FSCommander. Will have to wind up the WinXP rig to have a look. Paul (Basys) would be a good starting point;)

EDIT: Checked my old WinXP install and the OSDG rigs show fine in FSCommander.
ATB
DaveB;)

jeansy
February 6th, 2016, 03:53
I seem to recall that OZx set a lot of oil rigs around Australia already. These ones are included in their files OZx 3.0 - 3.4.
I'm afraid I don't remember the names so I cannot compare with those ones you named in your csv-file.

Dieter

I aware of that, however many of them in real life have been shut down and removed and new locations have been set up, even with the existing ones there are no start points or GPS pos hence why im doing an update

jeansy
February 6th, 2016, 04:34
can some try and compile this xml for me please, im seem to be getting weird errors with Scruffy's xmlbgl software

Meshman
February 6th, 2016, 06:47
Line 1273 is missing the enclosing " . Add that and the file compiles. Don't know whether it works in game, but a BGL came out.

BTW, using a dedicated XML editor will generally lead your to the most obvious error(s) and I just loaded it into XMLpad and it told me where to look.

jeansy
February 6th, 2016, 07:10
Line 1273 is missing the enclosing " . Add that and the file compiles. Don't know whether it works in game, but a BGL came out.

BTW, using a dedicated XML editor will generally lead your to the most obvious error(s) and I just loaded it into XMLpad and it told me where to look.

cheers I found it, i was missing an "