PDA

View Full Version : SectionF8 F-86E/F with TacPack Integration Problem

mikewmac
February 5th, 2016, 05:37
I've downloaded and installed the SectionF8 F-86E/F and the TacPack integration package, but can't seem to get the gun or rockets to fire. I've followed the TacPack installation instructions to the letter, but I'm probably doing something wrong in the cockpit settings. :(

Can anyone that has got this working please give me a hand in figuring out what I am doing wrong?

BTW...For those of you not familiar with the SectionF8 F-86E/F and its TacPack Integration Package here are the descriptions and download links:

North American F-86F Sabre USAF Package. SectionF8 North American F86 USAF liveries package: F-86F 388th FBW 563rd FBS 53-1111, F-86F Bob's Buggy, F-86F Mig Poison, 19213 and USAF F-86A-5 91st FIS. Complex and very high quality model created by SectionF8 team. Thank you to Steve Bryant, Cliff Presley and Don Feeley for the great textures and aircraft details. . IMPORTANT: You must read the manual to fly and use this wonderful aircraft properly! Custom packaged for FSX by Chris Evans.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=sectionf8_usaf_fsx.zip&x=14&y=9

FSX Section F-8 F-86 (Tacpack). This will enable Tacpack weapons on the Section F8 F-86 modded to FSX by Chris Evans. This will only work on the USAF model. The file structure will be different for the Canadian version. You must have the aircraft installed and own the VRS Tacpack for this mod to work. By Ed Akridge.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=187583

If any of you get the gun and rockets to fire, please let me know how you did it. :wink:

mikewmac
February 6th, 2016, 10:45
It was suggested to me that I should reinstall TacPack by a fellow named Starbuck on the VRS forums since he had had a similar problem and that fixed it, so I installed v1.4.2.7 which I hadn't got around to do, and now my SectionF8 F-86E/F Sabre fires both its guns and rockets. :applause:
BTW...This is a great little fighter, flies like a dream and now it can even defend itself. :ernaehrung004:

Cees Donker
February 6th, 2016, 11:04
Ah! Good to read you solved it!

:untroubled:

Cees

mikewmac
February 6th, 2016, 11:23
Ah! Good to read you solved it!

:untroubled:

Cees
Thanks Cees,

Needless to say I was getting a bit frustrated as not only would the rockets not fire on the SectionF8 F-86, but the A2A missiles wouldn't fire on the latest version 16.1 of the FSXBA Legacy Hornet. The reinstall solved both problems. :encouragement: