PDA

View Full Version : Need help before I launch a brick....

limjack
February 2nd, 2009, 15:19
Bottom line is my A2A b377 is broke as of this morning. Engines will not start! I have tried with accusim on and off. I get them to turn for a moment then they spudder back to sleep. I have flown this plane a lot and have never had this issue.
During this morings flight to Cuba my computer Froze so I rebooted and it did it again. So I thought perhaps it needed a good dusting from within so blew out the dust and cleaned the fan unit that did have a lot of dust under the cover. Once I got it cleaned out I rebooted, disk defrag, disk clean, disk fix dis dat and got everything running again. Reloaded FSX and went back to the Keys to complete my flight and nothing again..engines doing the same thing. Tried other airplanes within FSX and they all work fine. THe B377 should start right up with accusim off and just spudders...I am lost of what to do and now turn to you before I loose it:rocket:
Thanks for any help

Jim

limjack
February 2nd, 2009, 15:31
One other thing, I was using the Saitedk pro flight switch panel and it seemed like some of the buttons I pressed on the panel would have the opposite reaction on my VC like they were not in sink with eachother and wounder if I reversed a setting within the configuration...don't know but just another peice of info for the the computer detectives.

Jim

FAC257
February 2nd, 2009, 15:48
JIm

Three things to try first:

1. If you are loading up the 377 from a previously saved flight using the 377 make sure that you "Load" the flight at least once from the in-sim drop down menu. The 377 must be loaded via the in-sim drop down menu when using a saved flight scenerio. Loading a saved flight directly from the default FSX Freeflight GUI and from the drop down in-sim menu are two different things. IWith the in-sim drop down menu, make sure to use "Load" and not "Reset".

2. If that doesn't work, you may have unseen damage to the aircraft systems lurking in your saved flight if you are using one. In this case just delete the saved flight and start fresh.

3. If that still doesn't work, you may have deeper unseen damage lurking in the aircraft's engine and airframe history. In this case rename or delete that aircraft's log.dat file located in the A2A folder in your root FSX directory.

FAC

limjack
February 2nd, 2009, 16:39
Thanks FAC257, looks like it is a deeper issue. When I get time will uninstall the b377 then re-install. When I went to bring up the menu to overhaul engines they would not show so something is amist in the configuratation. So when the computer froze something got messed up...even had a hard time bringing the computer back to life after the freeze...

Jim

limjack
February 2nd, 2009, 17:17
Went to uninstall A2A B377 program and it denies me from uninstall.:faint:
Looks like this is going to be a challenge all the way around. I have the disk with fresh B377 on it ready to install!!!

CodyValkyrie
February 2nd, 2009, 17:23
You might want to e-mail the admin over at A2A. He can offer some unique advice. That is the best way to get a hold of us friend.

limjack
February 2nd, 2009, 18:22
Will do Cody, wife using computer now so I am on hold.

Thanks
Jim

gigabyte
February 2nd, 2009, 20:02
Jim, if you are having Uninstall issues, it could be a locked file, one related to the saved flight, I have run into this with database files from time to time, and it often turns out to be a file that is locked so the system thinks it is in use. The best way to test for that is start windows in Safe Mode and try the Uninstall, if that gives you problems use a 3rd party uninstaller from Safe mode (I use Revo Uninstaller - http://www.revouninstaller.com/).

Blade124
February 3rd, 2009, 02:26
Jim,

In your Flight Simulator X directory, remove your A2A / B377 folder and also your SimObjects / Airplanes / WoS_B377 folder.

If the uninstall does not work, just re-install. We've never seen this before, so it must be some odd corruption. The above has to fix this.

Scott.

limjack
February 3rd, 2009, 04:38
Thanks for the help guys, heading to work but will try later tonight.

Jim

limjack
February 3rd, 2009, 16:21
Thought I would go into the uninstall programs one last time and I clicked on the icon and it had a repair option this time. So ran repair and started FSX and Lord and behold we have Fire in the engines again....I thank all of you for your help. Now it is time to get on my way to Cuba. Being stranded in Key west just sucks..NOT!!!

Thanks again all

Jim:applause:

CodyValkyrie
February 3rd, 2009, 16:30
Give the mechanics in Cuba a kick for all of us!

CG_1976
February 3rd, 2009, 16:43
Stranded in Key west isnt bad. Were else can you have a cold one with sand floors and great compony at Sloppy Joes.
Watch out for Round a bouts at MUHA. Say when did MUHA get mechanics???

limjack
February 3rd, 2009, 18:12
I think the mechanics are all smoking Cuban cigars down there...or we got some High humidity..

Jim