PDA

View Full Version : New Prototype Velocity Turbo Canard

Lionheart
October 7th, 2008, 10:57
This looks pretty wild!

http://www.velocityaircraft.com/airplane-models-turbo.html

BananaBob
October 7th, 2008, 11:36
Cool, I really like that paint on the SE version, like it's tearing apart. :ernae:

Lionheart
October 7th, 2008, 11:55
Cool, I really like that paint on the SE version, like it's tearing apart. :ernae:

lolol... That must be his Y-Wing damage effects graphics. :d

Somehow, doing peeling back metal on a airplane doesnt seem appropriate.

:kilroy:

BananaBob
October 7th, 2008, 12:00
lolol... That must be his Y-Wing damage effects graphics. :d

Somehow, doing peeling back metal on a airplane doesnt seem appropriate.

:kilroy:

Yeah, that could be a little disconcerting, LOL :costumes:

cheezyflier
October 7th, 2008, 14:05
neat! it reminds me of the piaggio, which i really like in fs9. wish it was in fsx.
this delta wing would make a nice model too.

harleyman
October 7th, 2008, 14:42
Something about those pushers that just intiigues me......:d

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot
October 7th, 2008, 17:38
Harlyman,
I, on the other hand, don't like pushers... I am afraid of them for the same reason they got rid of them in WWI. (Or one of the reasons at least.) If you crash, Rather than that propeller getting stuck in the ground and absourbing the impact, the pusher will just keep on going... right into your back.

Could just be paranoia though. :icon_lol:

She is a Nice plane regardless! Alot like the Long-Ez.

-Conrad

harleyman
October 7th, 2008, 18:22
Harlyman,
I, on the other hand, don't like pushers... I am afraid of them for the same reason they got rid of them in WWI. (Or one of the reasons at least.) If you crash, Rather than that propeller getting stuck in the ground and absourbing the impact, the pusher will just keep on going... right into your back.

Could just be paranoia though. :icon_lol:

She is a Nice plane regardless! Alot like the Long-Ez.

-Conrad

Hmmm you got a good point there...Never thought of it like that...Perhaps thats where the feeling comes from...it looms out from behind and cuts you up and spits you out......:d

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot
October 7th, 2008, 19:45
Hmmm you got a good point there...Never thought of it like that...Perhaps thats where the feeling comes from...it looms out from behind and cuts you up and spits you out......:d

Ha! Living on the edge!

... I like it! :costumes:

Lionheart
October 7th, 2008, 20:22
So meanwhile, us ground based pilots should worry about Porsche's and VW's and especially.... 'VW Vans'?

:d

(They have unique little props on the engines you know... sitting back there, waiting for a wrong move.... ).

Im kidding.. People who wish to fear certain designs and layouts are completely allowed, especially while its a free country. (hurry though.. )

:ernae:

The thing that doesnt work well for pusher layout aircraft is that the the wings and tailfeathers (if you would) dont have the boosted wind forces upon them like a 'tractor' layout (puller) system has. The Tractor will thrust wind directly on the tail and inner zones of the wings, helping add lift and control when the aircraft isnt even moving. But the pusher is simply 'sucking' wind over the fuselage and control surfaces. It will take longer or 'more speed' for the aircraft (on a Pusher layout) to gain full control and lift capability (usually). This is with 'similar' weights and surface area's. That is the advantage for a Tractor over a Pusher.

I am for Pushers myself. The sound is behind you, the prop disc isnt annoying you at times (reflecting light, etc). I dont like though how Canards block your 30 degree down view of the ground. You need to see the ground well.. You dont need that taken away.

On this design, I think its radically modern. It looks a bit 'spacey', especially in the windows and blunt nose. I hope it does well.

Bill

Daube
October 8th, 2008, 03:44
neat! it reminds me of the piaggio, which i really like in fs9. wish it was in fsx.
this delta wing would make a nice model too.
The freeware Piaggo works perfect in FSX, one of my favorite aircrafts ;)

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot
October 8th, 2008, 04:35
Bill,
I see what you are saying. There is certainly more good than bad in this design. But, even though the chance of anything happening is really low, some things still scare me. (this is coming from a guy who rockclimbs and Backcountry skis. :mixedsmi:)

-Conrad