PDA

View Full Version : OT Sailing Memories

Hiede
January 29th, 2016, 14:52
Some info and pics on the boats and voyages.

In 2003 we got our first boat,it was white, 51ft and slept 6. This is the boat used for the first voyage to Samoa.I did not go on this trip because I had my daughter and few weeks before the voyage.

In 2004 we got the second boat, which was dark blue and not black, was brand new.100ft ans slept 16.It was modified in 2005 so the kids would have more room to play and after it slept 12.

The picks of the salon,rooms and so orth are on the second boat

Hiede
January 29th, 2016, 14:57
New Yaer's Eve 2014.

This was the last time we were together on the boat.Pics are of other s doing the same as us and the sunrise on New Years Day.

Wayland
January 29th, 2016, 15:02
We miss him too.

Hiede
January 29th, 2016, 15:03
Some pics from Tahiti.

Hiede
January 29th, 2016, 15:20
More pics from Tahiti

Hiede
January 29th, 2016, 15:24
Some pics fromhome

Hiede
January 29th, 2016, 15:30
Pics of both houses.

Shessi
January 30th, 2016, 00:41
Hi Hiede,
Great memories.

And beautiful, both the boats and Tahiti.

Best wishes

Shessi

p.s.....can I take a month on a boat, followed by a couple of weeks in Tahiti....where do I book?...;)

kelticheart
February 1st, 2016, 02:55
Beautiful pictures Hiede.

If things keep worsening here in Italy, with the terrorist immigration and such, my fiancée and I will consider retirement in Tahiti. Only going to the opposite side of the planet will do for us.

She spent a vacation in French Polynesia years ago and she says that the beauty of that area cannot be described 100%. One has to see it to grasp it fully.

Who knows, we might even get to meet each other!!!

Keep in touch!
KH :wavey:

Hiede
February 1st, 2016, 21:43
Keltiheart,

We've sailed to Tahiti,Fiji,Cook Islands and Bora Bora ( side trip when we were in Tahiti ). We even took a detour on one of our voyages so I could see Samoa since I missed the first trip there. All have their own charm.

Some pics where you can relax and one of Bora Bora.

I know most of you find this boring because not sim related.I was asked to share by some members and now that I have some time I decided to share.

Rami
February 2nd, 2016, 00:50
Hiede,

I look at these and just think of Talon, is all. Not boring for me, just sad. I can still hear his voice.

kelticheart
February 3rd, 2016, 00:22
It was always said that this is not just another forum where all members are just virtual figures, and who cares about anybody else.

In more than one occasion, help and moral support was offered for problems that didn't have anything to do with CFS2 and flight simulators. It was offered sincerely and to anyone needing it.

I was on the receiving side and got a lot during my divorce ordeal, almost ten years ago. I will always be grateful to all the friends here who expressed their concerns about me. It helped me immensely to remain cool during tough moments, when my ex-wife sought physical confrontation. Her goal was to force me hitting her, thus placing me on the wrong side of the law and steal everything I owned from me. People can be extremely vicious applying psychological violence, no matter their sex.
Daily messages from SOH and immersing in this hobby kept my wits about me. I said it more than once.

So Hiede, feel free to post whatever makes you feel you want to share about Al memories, you'll always find someone who welcomes it, including me.

After all, people who might feel bothered can always ignore the thread and refrain from opening it.

KH :encouragement:

PSULLYKEYS
February 5th, 2016, 10:36
I'm happy that you and Al had the good times. He was a fine gentleman and one of the few true friends I found here. God bless you and your family.