PDA

View Full Version : Cr1-Software back up and running!

Thomas J Wood
January 28th, 2016, 13:30
Hello all.

Some of you I know from long years ago, others I have yet to meet. Cr1-Software has been idle ever since the release of the Ford Tri-Motor, I have been developing but not very much.
The reason for this is that my wife became pregnant, and there were big complications so I had to drop everything and concentrate on her health and the well being of our 5 year old boy. A year ago we were blessed with a beautiful second son. Unfortunately he was born with pneumonia and staff infection and had to stay in children's hospitable for almost 3 months. He fought hard and he made it out but has had a pretty rough year. So all this time Cr1 was essentially just a web site holding it all together for me with no input from my self or very little. My little boy had made it through the woods although for 6 months he was on oxygen and we couldn't leave the house with him. Now it looks like he has finally won his little fight and is healthy and a real going concern around here.

So with that said I am back at the design table at cr1. The site has had some repairs done to it and there will be new updates forth coming. There will be an update to the Aeronca and the Ford Tri Motor and you will be able to get those with in the next few months. Also the Do 335 that you have so patiently been waiting for is back under way and looking amazing!

Through this past years the community has continued to support Cr1 with sales and many private messages wishing well and good luck. Since 2000 and the years following when cr1 was simTECH Flight Design.Ltd the community has always been supportive of my efforts and has always come though for us. Well now the design team is essentially just my self and a dozen high end cad, paint and compiling programs and a huge pile of books on programming languages... so one warm body. :) So for all those great years and all the support I want to say thank you!

Don't worry, there are some real nice Cr1 add ons coming your way in the future and I know you will be excited to see what is coming up. But for now I will finish the Aeronca II pack and the Ford Tri Motor 5 AT that compliments the already released 4at.

So...Lets get to work!

Glad to be back!

Thomas Wood/ Crashwoody

falcon409
January 28th, 2016, 13:41
Great to see you back Tom.

YoYo
January 28th, 2016, 14:02
Welcome back! :wavey:

Roger
January 28th, 2016, 14:11
Glad to hear your son made it through, Tom!

norab
January 28th, 2016, 14:42
glad things have gone on an upturn for you

txnetcop
January 28th, 2016, 17:04
Tom I guess I am dumb, deaf, and blind. I didn't know about the problems, but glad to see you back at the design table!:applause:
Ted

Portia911
January 28th, 2016, 18:33
Great news all round, Tom. I have your Champ and Ford and enjoy flying them.
There was a question about 'cargo' textures on another thread recently, and I remembered the great textures for the interior of your Army float Tri-motor (including the canoe!!). I'll be looking out for the updates and future releases.
Best wishes to you and yours.

Stickshaker
January 29th, 2016, 01:02
Tom, I hope you can enjoy the happiness you and your family fought so hard for. Welcome back, and I hope you will stay for a long time. I am really excited about the news that you are still working on the Do-335!

papab
January 29th, 2016, 01:29
Tom,
Welcome back!
I am glad your family pulled through the rough times....
I have several of your products and love the Tri Motor
Looking forward to more of your products

BTW- If you need any BETA testers,let me know!
Rick

mgchrist5
January 29th, 2016, 02:52
Welcome back, Tom. Glad to hear your family's troubles are subsiding. Sounds like it's been a rough few years.

Looking forward to your updates, too. I just 'flew' your Trimotor the other week for the first time in ages. Still a great plane....

Crusader
January 29th, 2016, 02:58
Welcome back Tom . You reinforce what we fathers and husbands are for . Have the Tri-Motor and enjoy flying it .
I wish your family happiness and good health in the years ahead .

Rich

Thomas J Wood
January 29th, 2016, 06:45
Thanks to all!

Well after looking over the source that the last designer left, it looks like I can modify the 4at to a 5at with some work. It was supposed to be done already but the designer left his folder in quite a mess so i hope its in there as that would save me some work. The Aeronce is in the same situation so it might need a complete rebuild, as it was built in gmax i will have to set up a new gmax install. That is ok as Gmax Fsds 3dmax blender or any good 3d cad program will build you stunning models once you learn them. Fsds still to this day impresses me as to what it will build in the right hands, pretty impressive given the fact that it is such a light weight cad program. It is just built for one purpose, build planes and buildings for flight sim. The Do 335 is a 3d max project. I have a new Norsman started in Miya. So I kind of use all sorts of programs depending on my mood...lol It mainly depends on how the nerbs and poly smoothing is handled as to what I will use. 3dmax is fast and dose a very good job as handling light reflection materials and nerbs. Miya is mega over kill but its fun to build with. lol

tjsdn1375
January 29th, 2016, 07:14
Hello Tom, Any updates on the Cr1-Software Dornier Do 335 ?

Tjsdn

Thomas J Wood
January 29th, 2016, 08:12
It is around 50% done, flying in fsx and working perfect in Prepared 3d.

BTW the Ford Tri motor and the Aeronca work with no problems in prepared if you so choose to port them into that sim.

I am looking into putting the Ford and Aeronca and all future planes into X-plane as well.

tjsdn1375
January 29th, 2016, 09:44
It is around 50% done, flying in fsx and working perfect in Prepared 3d.

BTW the Ford Tri motor and the Aeronca work with no problems in prepared if you so choose to port them into that sim.

I am looking into putting the Ford and Aeronca and all future planes into X-plane as well.

yes. and Dornier 335 freeware or payware??

Thomas J Wood
January 29th, 2016, 12:09
Pay plane. They take to much time from my family to be free ware. But it will be very affordable. Lets just say it wont hurt your wallet. And it will be a world class add on you will be able to put up against any pay ware design out there easy.

Cees Donker
January 29th, 2016, 12:23
Great to see you back on the forum Tom!

:wavey:

Cees

huub vink
January 29th, 2016, 13:55
Welcome back Tom, I think we all are eagerly waiting for the Dornier (well at least I am).

Can you perhaps show us something already?

Cheers,
Huub

tjsdn1375
January 29th, 2016, 19:32
Pay plane. They take to much time from my family to be free ware. But it will be very affordable. Lets just say it wont hurt your wallet. And it will be a world class add on you will be able to put up against any pay ware design out there easy.

Oh, I think so. Dornier 335 When Release date??

big-mike
January 30th, 2016, 07:47
Really great to see you back,Tom!
Just blew the dust off my Trimotor,i had completely forgotten,what a nice plane this is.
And she works fine in DX10.
Mike

doublecool
January 30th, 2016, 08:02
Welcome Back, :wavey:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34427&stc=1

Thomas J Wood
January 30th, 2016, 10:31
Hello again, the release of this plane -Do 335- is dependent on a few people from Germany and Sweden whom I am working with for the historical data i need to do the cockpit accurately. They are both employees OR BIG BOSSES ...lol of big aviation museums that have very important data for the project. Right now I am waiting for the permissions to get these articles and I'm hoping they will be released to me in the next few months. So it is still a bit away for release, but consider this, The do 335 is going to be a mile stone add on both for me and this community. In histrionic values it will be as good as it gets and in modelling and functionality..right over the top... this will be a expert to pro level flight sim flyer add on. Now you guys and gals know I build real high detail stuff but it runs about the middle of the road in flight models and technical set up, I have always done this for the new players in the game so they can jump right into my add ons and have fun right away. The Do 335 is a departure from this. Beginners will struggle with this add on but the rewards if they stick it out and follow the online tutorials that will be available for it will be very self gratifying. It truly is a new step up for cr1 to a new level of design that cr1 hasn't achieved yet. And as you old timers know about me I always push the limits and strive for the very best and that will never change.

It will be released for Fsx Acceleration, Prepared 3D and X-Plane

Here are some screens of the beast as it sits now. It truly is a wonderful add on.

http://cr1-software.com/news/425/

fsxar177
January 30th, 2016, 17:51
I'll be following intently as the Do-335 progresses!