View Full Version : RAAF Base Williamtown v2

big-mike
January 27th, 2016, 10:03
Available at Flightsim.com

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=188938

Mike

Ian Warren
January 27th, 2016, 11:01
D/loading now .. good excuse to get back to FSX , love these photo real scenery's .. may have to kick the F-18s aside and bring my F-111s back into service :encouragement:

Timmy74
January 28th, 2016, 01:15
D/loading now .. good excuse to get back to FSX , love these photo real scenery's .. may have to kick the F-18s aside and bring my F-111s back into service :encouragement:

What is it like Ian? Have you got any screenies to post please?

Cheers,
Tim.

AussieMan
January 28th, 2016, 12:43
I downloaded it and when I went to do the install I directed it to install into a temporary folder but it still installed into their default directory. I had to manually move the files to a temp folder. When I opened the main folder there were several other folders. One for YWLM and one for YMND as well as effects folders and screenshot folders. Turned out to be a rather complicated install as everything had to be done manually.

Ian Warren
January 28th, 2016, 14:51
What is it like Ian? Have you got any screenies to post please?

Cheers,
Tim.
I have not had a chance yet , mindset went to artwork then had visitors, place here is a kids playground ... over 40's I mean :encouragement: Must check it this sarvo .

youngharry
November 8th, 2016, 18:06
How do I add Hornets to the scenery?
I believe any FS9 AI in FSX will upset the apple cart.

Victory103
November 8th, 2016, 18:08
Your FS9 made AI will work fine in FSX, MAIW is the place to stop for all your RAAF Rhinos.

scotth6
November 8th, 2016, 19:13
FS9 AI will work, but it will also stop any other AI you have from working. You need to download AI Flightplanner and use the convert ai feature in that to convert the fs9 bgl to fsx. It's a quick and easy process.

Cheers,

Flyboy208
November 8th, 2016, 20:38
Wondering if there is an alternate website other than Flightsim to get this scenery package. Download is taking 3 hours, and I have a super fast internet connection. Mike :running:

youngharry
November 9th, 2016, 12:52
FS9 AI will work, but it will also stop any other AI you have from working. You need to download AI Flightplanner and use the convert ai feature in that to convert the fs9 bgl to fsx. It's a quick and easy process.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info.It still looks pretty difficult for someone who has never used that program before and I do not wish to upset what I have.
Reckon I will leave things as they are and just enjoy the scenery.
I spent my young days in the Australian Naval Fleet Air Arm and we visited Williamtown on many occasions.

youngharry
November 15th, 2016, 14:36
After saying I would not....I did. I installed RAAF Hornets to RAAF Williamtown via AI Flightplanner but I obviously have no idea how to do that properly.
The scenery reverted back to the FS9 version with the flashing black lines and I lost AI East Coast Shipping. That was to be expected if an FS9 AI is installed into FSX.
After removing the Hornets and associated files, things are back to normal but I would have really liked to see movement at Williamtown.

Victory103
November 15th, 2016, 17:51
Once you do one conversion, they all go about the same using AIFP3. Here is my converted for FSX traffic .bgl, you will need to change the .doc back to .bgl and save to your Scenery/World/scenery folder.

youngharry
November 16th, 2016, 14:32
Once you do one conversion, they all go about the same using AIFP3. Here is my converted for FSX traffic .bgl, you will need to change the .doc back to .bgl and save to your Scenery/World/scenery folder.

Thank you Victory103 ,I reckon I owe you a beer.
However, since we are unlikely to run into each other, I will have that beer for you. In fact, I might have two.
Once again, many thanks.