PDA

View Full Version : TDS 727-100 Series Released

expat
January 25th, 2016, 07:39
At long last!

<tbody>
<center>FSX/P3D TDS Boeing 727-100 Passenger Base Package
</center><center>[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=188901) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsview.php?do=list&fid=188901) ]</center>
Name: tds_727-100fsx.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=188901)
Size: 25,501,615 Date: 01-25-2016 Downloads: 138

http://www.flightsim.com/images/fscfiles/v/tds_727-100fs92.gif
http://www.flightsim.com/images/fscfiles/v/tds_727-100fs9.gif
http://www.flightsim.com/images/fsc/wbicons/fbq1.gif http://www.flightsim.com/images/fsc/wbicons/fcq1.gif FSX/P3D TDS Boeing 727-100 Passenger Base Package. Developed by Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS). Model features high resolution textures, dynamic flexing wings, nose gear steering, rudder lock, ground spoilers, low speed aileron locks at high speed, fully animated control surfaces, fully independent suspension, trim animation, opening passenger doors, rolling wheels, animated thrust reversers with reverser block doors, detailed textures, full night lighting, ground service vehicles and more. Package contains model and all files necessary for immediate flight. Model design by Hiroshi Igami. Flight dynamics design by Nick Wilkinson. Effects by David Biggar. House Livery by Carlos Eduardo Salas. Master textures by Kyle Schurb. By Stian Svensen.

</tbody>

Willy
January 25th, 2016, 07:54
Yep, that's a have to get for me. The 727 is one of the "modern" jetliners I like, but the shorter -100 is my favorite.

Wonder if there's a paint kit for it yet?

expat
January 25th, 2016, 08:11
Agree with you Willy on that. Paint kit should come out at some point + some paints are already in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tds727/

ce_zeta
January 25th, 2016, 10:30
Thanks for the HU pal. :encouragement:

AussieMan
January 25th, 2016, 18:38
Downloaded and installed. It only has a 2-D panel and believe it or not it appears to be that of a 737 as it only has 2 throttle levers. there is no 3rd set of gauges to make it a 3 engine panel.

ViperPilot2
January 25th, 2016, 19:20
You might be able to find a good Panel over @ the same place as the Download... if memory serves, Kirk Mitchell made a couple good ones.
As is the case with most TDS offerings, a little creative Cockpit engineering is necessary to get what one wants.

Alan :encouragement:

expat
January 25th, 2016, 22:35
As is the case with most TDS offerings, a little creative Cockpit engineering is necessary to get what one wants.

Yes, with POSKY/TDS offerings one has think of themselves as the "general contractor" and scrounge around for the other systems and components. Part of the fun of the hobby! I have merged the Captain Sim 727 VC on both the TDS -200 and -100 series and they are a terrific combination.

Willy
January 26th, 2016, 05:14
With the -200, I did the VC swap thing with the freeware Tom Ruby? 727. Fairly simple to do once you figure it out. When I get around to installing the -100, it's getting the same treatment.

expat
January 26th, 2016, 06:47
Yes the Thomas Ruth freeware VC is an excellent choice of panel to merge.

I cannot get the -100 series to follow a heading/flight plan/gps in AP, either with the shipped panel or merged CS VC. Can't figure out why. No problems of this kind with the TDS -200 model with these panels. Have A-B compared air.cfg's but stumped.:dizzy:

expat
January 27th, 2016, 07:53
Note: you may find the ADI won't initialise and the AP won't hold a heading.

You need to make the following change in the air.cfg to fix this:

[attitude_indicators]
attitude_indicator.0 = 1

Change it to:

[attitude_indicators]
attitude_indicator.0 = 2

AussieMan
January 27th, 2016, 13:13
I found the Thomas Ruth 727s along with the upgrades including a paint kit. I will be flying these from now on.

Drzook
January 28th, 2016, 15:43
Note: you may find the ADI won't initialise and the AP won't hold a heading.

You need to make the following change in the air.cfg to fix this:

[attitude_indicators]
attitude_indicator.0 = 1

Change it to:

[attitude_indicators]
attitude_indicator.0 = 2
THANK YOU!!!:applause:
I had done my first VC swap due to this plane only to find the attitude indicators weren't working. This helps immensely.

BTW, with the Tom Ruth 727 VC the eyepoint is this:

[Views]
//eyepoint= 66.167,-1.765, 4.750 <---this is the original eyepoint
eyepoint= 47.50,-1.765, 5.250

Hope this helps :)

Drzook
January 29th, 2016, 03:48
At this point I also added the default 737-800 autopilot and a GPS as I still have no idea how to work a FMC. I am eagerly awaiting some new paints but this is cool for now (but wouldn't new Boeing House Colors look good?--hint hint wink wink nudge nudge). The one I got flying is the RR Tay version--comes with winglets--just bombin' around with Molokai in the background...
I noticed at least on my computer once it gets to altitude it tends to 'porpoise'. I found that what tends to work is shutting off the autopilot within 1000 feet of cruise altitude and manually easing it to that altitude then flipping the autopilot back on. I also changed the elevator_trim_effectiveness from 0.55 to 0.35 and so far so good but will keep you all posted. :wiggle:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34372&stc=1

delta_lima
April 19th, 2019, 22:26
I never installed the TDS 727 until now, for some strange reason.

To be honest, I'm quite impressed, having really enjoyed the Cantu/Vistaliners versions in the far past, and the Ruth FSX versions more recently.

CP Air being one of my favourite FSX airlines, I'm wondering why I'm having the following issue. I've installed this paint:

http://www.fs2000.org/2016/05/25/fsxfs2004-boeing-727-100-cp-air/

I installed it as per the included repaint instructions, using the following fltsim entries:

[fltsim.1]
title=FREEWARE_(C)_TDS_01AUG2014 _721_JT8D +D00 +TBF40 JT8D CP AIR
sim=TdsB721
model=JT8D
panel=
sound=
texture=CP AIR
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=CF-CUS
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0
atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO
atc_parking_code=
ui_manufacturer=TDS
ui_type=727-100 JT8D
ui_variation=CP AIR (1976)
visual_damage=1
description=

As you can see from the screenshot, the outboard engine pods are chrome, not orange as they should be, as both the photo, and texture file (TDS727_JT8D-9_T) indicate orange cowlings.

I did not change any of the hex settings, just looking for a standard (with eyebrow, no winglet) 100 series with orange cowlings as per the repaint. Any ideas what I am doing wrong - thanks in advance for any help.

dl

expat
April 19th, 2019, 23:46
The paint is for one of Hiroshi's different models - different type of engine.

mercure
April 20th, 2019, 02:41
Hello,
It should be something like that:

[fltsim.8]
title=FREEWARE_(C)_TDS_01AUG2014 _721_JT8D +D00 +TBF40 JT8D CP AIR
sim=TdsB721-JT8D-9
model=JT8D
panel=
sound=\..\..\..\..\..\moteur\jet\CIVIL\727 2
texture=CP AIR
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=CF-CUS
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0
atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO
atc_parking_code=
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=727-100 TDS
ui_variation=CP AIR (1976)
visual_damage=1
description=

Make sure the actual model is:
TDSX721_JT8D.mdl

The last airfile (best) is:
TdsB721-JT8D-9.air

Have found the right VC view?
Mine is slightly different that the one in the cfg file:
//RUTH VC//
eyepoint= 49.3,-1.7, 5.35

Cheers

mercure
April 20th, 2019, 06:54
Something else:
Model: TDSX721_JT8D--CA is also ok for CP AIR texture.

BTW I never found a repaint for the Model B727-100 with Tay engines (TDSX721_TAY651--W).
Is there only one, where to find it?

Thks

Edit: I loaded the files from your link, the file TDS727_JT8D-9_T has a pure black alpha chanel. This is it, you must change it in pure white...

delta_lima
April 21st, 2019, 21:16
Something else:
Model: TDSX721_JT8D--CA is also ok for CP AIR texture.

BTW I never found a repaint for the Model B727-100 with Tay engines (TDSX721_TAY651--W).
Is there only one, where to find it?

Thks

Edit: I loaded the files from your link, the file TDS727_JT8D-9_T has a pure black alpha chanel. This is it, you must change it in pure white...

Hi Mercure,

It sounds like the issue is not the mapping of the model (which I've mapped to the JT8D model) - but rather a change I need to make to the texture itself.

That being the case, is there an step by step guide on how to do this? I've only got MS paint, and MCX (I've only done a couple of simple mdl compilations to fix some texture materials). Or if someone's already converted / fixed the alpha channel, I'd be most grateful.

thanks,

dl

mercure
April 22nd, 2019, 06:43

I suppose Mr Louis Castro, the artist who did this excellent painting and many others wouldn't mind me doing this...
BTW the TDS 727 200 F UPS has the same issue.

Cheers

NB: use 7 zip freeware to convert this archive. It is 4MB

delta_lima
April 22nd, 2019, 21:03
Merci, Monsieur Mercure!!!

I now have correctly coloured cowls in the daytime. I've also solved the fine points of the panel, getting the special TDS gauge-activated lighting to work correctly. Was a bit finicky, but worth the exercise in getting it right.

My only remaining question, back to the cowls - at night, they didn't "darken". So for example, I have two other liveries, on the -200 model (Pan Am and Air Canada) - and they both darken at night. But the CP remains artificially orange at night, as below.

Any idea why?

Thanks - so very close!

dl

mercure
April 24th, 2019, 14:06
Hummmmmm.....

I was not able to reproduce your issue.
Make sure you have the file TDS727_JT8D-9_l.bmp, available in other paintings, but not sure it will fix it for you.
Tell me.

Oh! Any 'Tay' livery by the way? Thks

delta_lima
April 24th, 2019, 21:36
Hi Mercure,

The only Tay engined schemes I've seen are for the UPS freighter (I think that came with the freighter base pack) - and a few FS2004 screenshots of Westar Group N800AK - no idea where the actual paint is.

As to your suggested file ( TDS727_JT8D-9_l.bmp), I can't find it anywhere, neither in the base pack nor the various repaints I've gotten (CP, Pan Am, BAW, UAL, AC). Any idea where that file came from?

Thanks again,

dl

MrZippy
April 25th, 2019, 04:34
As to your suggested file ( TDS727_JT8D-9_l.bmp), I can't find it anywhere, neither in the base pack nor the various repaints I've gotten (CP, Pan Am, BAW, UAL, AC). Any idea where that file came from?

Thanks again,

dl

Hi! I have that file in my TDS 727-200 texture folder.

mercure
April 25th, 2019, 12:05
Hi chaps,

It is a very simple file so I guess there is no issue to share it.
Please let me know, I am not sure it will be enough as a cure...

delta_lima
April 25th, 2019, 21:59
Thanks so much Mercure and Zippy!

That's sorted the night texture issue. I'm pretty happy with this model. The only thing that's a bit of a niggle is the Ruth VC I have has "active" clickspots over the INS which appears to be non-functional - I suppose I can always add a 2D version in and use that. Or use the freighter VC with the FMS, though that would take away from the 70s era experience.

Overall, a lovely model, worth the tweaking - and in fact, I'd like to learn the gauge and option logic better, as I really like the ground reflecting lights, rotating beacon, etc - I could see adding those to other planes.

thanks all!

dl

mercure
April 25th, 2019, 23:57
Pleased it works DL!
Actually I would like also to replicate these very nice TDS effects we enjoy with their models but wonder how to do.
I think it is embedded in the model itself but maybe not.
What would be your process to add them to other non TDS/SSP/Posky models?

Cheers

Bjoern
April 26th, 2019, 12:09
Mind that an INS was pretty much only installed in airframes that flew long stretches over water.

See here: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1360031

delta_lima
April 26th, 2019, 15:39
Pleased it works DL!
Actually I would like also to replicate these very nice TDS effects we enjoy with their models but wonder how to do.
I think it is embedded in the model itself but maybe not.
What would be your process to add them to other non TDS/SSP/Posky models?

Cheers

I’m more focused on the strobe lights that reflect off the ground.

If I understand the logic correctly, they’re a function of the gauge and effect relationship, so if that’s indeed correct, then I should be able to port them over to other period (eg L-1011) airliners.

The TDS 737s have their own version of gauge-enabled lighting, so I’m happy with those.

Bjoern
April 27th, 2019, 05:26
If you open the MDL file in ModelConverter, you can obtain a list of attached objects (lights and other effects).

Mind that light splashes on surfaces are most likely parts of the model that can not be transfered to other models.

mercure
April 27th, 2019, 10:31
While fiddling with 727-100 I compared Vistaliners (HJG) and TDS.
They are both kind of jewels...http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68766&stc=1

The livery of the HJG is more 'real' but doesn't make a difference on the model in any case