PDA

View Full Version : cfs2 Campaigns glitch

moxie5
October 7th, 2008, 10:18
Here's a question from the past...can anyone tell me why i can't get any campaigns started on cfs2? When i create a pilot, then go to the crew list, my name will not show in the box. message says "file ("null") can't load". HUH? Thanks,

Hern07
October 7th, 2008, 13:40
How many campaigns are involved? How about the stock campaigns? Can you fly them as individual mission?

Jagdflieger
October 7th, 2008, 13:52
Your problem might be with the campaign.cfg file. Something isn't conecting with CFS 2's engine.

What campaign is it?

watchdog22
October 8th, 2008, 02:12
Have you updated the country.cfg file to include more added nationalities? Just a stab in the dark :kilroy:

bearcat241
October 8th, 2008, 03:23
Since it seems that none of us have ever experienced this, you're left with too many unknown possibilities and no quick answer. Start over - rename the current Combat Flight Simulator 2 folder to Combat Flight Simulator 2.X and reinstall the sim. Try the same scenario in the fresh install. If all goes well, copy whatever you want to save from the old into the new and delete the old completely.

If you first un-install through Windows ADD/REMOVE, you will lose any mods you've put into the current install. By renaming the current folder you save these mods to use in the fresh install.

moxie5
October 8th, 2008, 13:06
bearcat et al. thnx 4 your replies. The short answer is all, and any of the campaigns. The campaign box just simply won't respond. I'll try a new install...and no worries for me, as it's a stock install...no mods or add ons. I am looking for a C-47 to fly tho....

Altitude Airspeed Ideas two out of three ain't bad.

Hern07
October 8th, 2008, 14:35
Good luck, let us know if it works

moxie5
October 10th, 2008, 11:46
All....Yes! Have joy on campaigns etc. in cfs2. Just did a wash and reinstall, and it's all good! in fact, it seems better than ever, so i didn't even know what i was missing before.
Sometimes you can go back.... Thanks again!

Jagdflieger
October 10th, 2008, 15:18
Good to hear Moxi. Must have been a corrupted file in there someplace.