PDA

View Full Version : New NASCAR rules?

PRB
January 19th, 2016, 17:59
So the Xfinity and trucks are going to a "chase format". Big deal, we knew that was coming, sooner or later. But this business with the trucks and the "green flag clock"? From now on, whenever the number of green flag laps reaches 20, they will throw a caution? No more "mystery debris cautions" in the truck series, I guess. Now it's "built in". So, what if there are 21 laps left in the race? They throw a caution on the white flag lap because it would exceed 20 laps? I'll bet there's a "special situation rule" for that one. Actually, more likely will be a rule that says a caution must be thrown when there are two laps left, if it's still green... What does this tells us about how NASCAR views its fans..? And are they right? If you go by the Race Hub show tonight, everyone, drivers, crew chiefs, commentators, thinks this is just awesome.

stansdds
January 20th, 2016, 01:57
So the Xfinity and trucks are going to a "chase format". Big deal, we knew that was coming, sooner or later. But this business with the trucks and the "green flag clock"? From now on, whenever the number of green flag laps reaches 20, they will throw a caution? No more "mystery debris cautions" in the truck series, I guess. Now it's "built in". So, what if there are 21 laps left in the race? They throw a caution on the white flag lap because it would exceed 20 laps? I'll bet there's a "special situation rule" for that one. Actually, more likely will be a rule that says a caution must be thrown when there are two laps left, if it's still green... What does this tells us about how NASCAR views its fans..? And are they right? If you go by the Race Hub show tonight, everyone, drivers, crew chiefs, commentators, thinks this is just awesome.

What? So it will be nothing but 20 lap sprints? That's not racing.

Ok, I looked it up. NASCAR is instituting a 20 minute limit on green flag runs at Daytona for the truck series and this rule will be turned off with 20 laps to go to the finish, but at some tracks it will be at 10 laps to go.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/1/19/nascar-caution-clock-camping-world-truck-series.html

I still think it's silly.

wombat666
January 20th, 2016, 02:38
And I reckon Formula 1 is ridiculous!
How about these regulations.
Rule 1 - There are no rules.
Rule 2 - See 'Rule 1'.
:banghead:

tommieboy
January 20th, 2016, 04:58
I gave up on NASCAR in the late 1970's and never looked back. I my opinion, after the early 70's it was pretty much a slow down hill decline for NASCAR. I'm surprised that NASCAR doesn't just stop the race at the halfway point of the race and have a halftime show like the NFL. NASCAR might as well just to back to dirt track sprint car racing.

Tommy

Panther_99FS
January 20th, 2016, 19:52
Yeah - I read about that 20 minute thing earlier today...:dizzy:

Cazzie
January 27th, 2016, 08:51
I have been boycotting all of NASCAR since the Kennseth incident at Martinsville (I was there). I may go to the races in Martinsville, I get perks to go to them and Martinsville is only 30 miles from my abode, but as far as watching any series on TV, they will need to change leadership from Brian France and do a whole lot of rule changes. I'll be watching the 24 Hours of Daytona this weekend, but none of the three major NASCAR series events (Truck, XFINITY, or Cup).