PDA

View Full Version : USB Device Not Recognized...

ThinkingManNeil
January 16th, 2016, 11:57
Hi All;

I've not been able to run FSX for the past few weeks because it no longer seems to see my joystick. I've checked the settings and they've defaulted to the keyboard controls only and I can't seem o reset them. Not sure if this means one of the cats chewed enough on the cable to disable it or if this is one more insidious sign that my PC is slowly giving up the ghost.

Any simple fixes for this?

Thanks,

N.

huub vink
January 16th, 2016, 13:11
To fix it you should know what is wrong. It is either the port which doesn't work, the stick or the drivers.

To eliminate thing first check whether the USB port sees a USB stick. It is either your stick or the drivers.
Do you know somebody who can connect the stick to his PC? That way you can check whether the stick still works. I normally use my wife's laptop for things like this.
When the stick is recognised by an other computer it is most likely the drivers. Uninstall the driver and reinstall them.

I hope this helps,
Huub

Agpilot25
January 16th, 2016, 19:04
I had the same problem last week. Windows did some kind of update one night and then the next day none of my usb ports would work. After looking it had wiped out all my drivers. I reinstalled them and everything is working now.

stansdds
January 17th, 2016, 02:37
Things I can think of:

The stick is dead and can no longer send signals to the computer.
The cable is damaged.
The USB port is dead.
Driver failure.