PDA

View Full Version : My new buddy

Ickie
January 16th, 2016, 04:55
As you all know the resent death of my old dog Haney 3 months ago. Well I have been looking hard.

today at 9 am a person is bring me Remi to visit, and see if he is cat friendly, lol
I am more worried for him and the cats not being Dog friendly, hehehe
He is a 1 year old Jack Russel, chipped, de-wormed, de-fleed, up to date on his shots.

here is his pic

KellyB
January 16th, 2016, 05:00
I hope he works out. Dogs are great.
As someone else once observed, I hope to become the man my dog seems to think I am...

Naismith
January 16th, 2016, 22:09
You never have a rat issue when you have a Jack Russell
https://youtu.be/VrWcL-Jq0fI

Ickie
January 17th, 2016, 05:21
what a 2-hands full
the 2 permate cats are hissing but are being ok with him
the 1 old large yeller farrow/tame cat which i took in to find a home isn't too happy with him, he stacks him and lol attacks.
last night the dog slept next to me and the old yeller cat slept on the other side

the young outdoor cat called baby likes him and even walks along with us on our walks.

I think he is very happy here being the only dog.

stovall
January 17th, 2016, 06:13
Congrats Ron, you never have to worry about a Jack Russel having an inferiority complex. I think most are born alpha. Nice looking dog. :encouragement:

Daveroo
January 17th, 2016, 07:29
cool ron,he looks to be happy himself in those pics...im sure he will put those cats in thier place soon...lol....

Navy Chief
January 17th, 2016, 10:42
That is great, Ickie:encouragement: Remi looks like a really cool companion! NC

Ickie
January 17th, 2016, 11:58
here he is relaxed

Scratch
January 18th, 2016, 15:56
I have a Jack Russell terrier. He is 15 years old now and still a rat killing machine. He chases every cat he sees, but rodents are the only thing he hurts. If a cat won't run he just sits there letting the cat slap the crap out of him until it gives up and runs. Funny as hell. You have a great dog there.

Ickie
January 22nd, 2016, 02:34
what a arm full, it has taken 6 days to teach him, to sit, and NO!:banghead:

I am taking him to the Vet in 1 hour, maybe looking into classes for him.

he drinks coffee, :very_drunk: at first I thought it was me , but I caught him. When I get up from my living room chair with coffee on the stand, he gets in my chair and drinks all the coffee, fasttt to.

When I get up at 5:30 am he has all the toys out, some gutted, lol and all the rugs are in a mess. The 3 cats finally figured he isn't a threat. The big one slept next to him in my bed last night.

rhumbaflappy
January 22nd, 2016, 16:56
Note to self:

Do not let terrier drink anything with caffeine.

:running:

SSI01
January 22nd, 2016, 18:06
We lost our little chihuahua-terrier cross Sophie early on Dec 27, but prior to that she and the four cats we had got along very well. Sophie was here before the first two cats showed up and we got a few little growls and lip curls when they got close to her, but a quick rebuke or two soon cured her of that and from that point on she and the cats got on fine. So well, in fact, one of the cats, who is a constant groomer, would first take care of herself, then visit the other cats, then go to Sophie and groom her for a while. I didn't know an 8-pound cat had that much water in her. The other two cats were added later and Sophie accepted them as equals. Two of the cats, a male and female, along with the dog, would sit upright behind the front storm door whenever I went outside for any reason, watching everything I did, until I came back inside. We miss Sophie very much, she was cremated and we now have her ashes with us for good. Two of the cats, Domino and Felix, will sit in front of the front window when I leave and are still there when I return. It's not quite like a dog's loyalty, but it's close.