PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim 737 and Expansion Packs

747jet
January 13th, 2016, 05:22
Hi guys,

because of the 9,99 Sale yesterday I bought the 737 Base Pack. I did not have much time to test it but for now it looks very nice.
The only thing I am not so happy about, is that most of the repaints on avsim etc. are for the ADV Expansion. Only things which are different to the Base Pack are some points outside on the fuselage. Or am I wrong?

Sorry but it is a bit sad that most of the repaints are for the ADV model, about 90%. And when you guys look on avsim, most of them are made by "person xy AND Captain Sim"
As I am a salesman, too I have to admit this is a nice sales strategy :) If you want to have a specific livery, you are forced to buy the ADV, too.

@people who have more experience with the 737: Is it worth to buy the ADV and perhaps the freighter, too?

ncooper
January 13th, 2016, 05:32
If you visit the Captain Sim Support Page (http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/login.pl?redir=L2NnaS1iaW4vaW5kZXgucGw_) you will find 35 pages of repaints to choose from.
They can all be made to fit the base model and unless you wish to examine them from a few inches,
look perfectly OK.

wombat666
January 13th, 2016, 10:49
Hi guys,

because of the 9,99 Sale yesterday I bought the 737 Base Pack. I did not have much time to test it but for now it looks very nice.
The only thing I am not so happy about, is that most of the repaints on avsim etc. are for the ADV Expansion. Only things which are different to the Base Pack are some points outside on the fuselage. Or am I wrong?

Sorry but it is a bit sad that most of the repaints are for the ADV model, about 90%. And when you guys look on avsim, most of them are made by "person xy AND Captain Sim"
As I am a salesman, too I have to admit this is a nice sales strategy :) If you want to have a specific livery, you are forced to buy the ADV, too.

@people who have more experience with the 737: Is it worth to buy the ADV and perhaps the freighter, too?

Certainly is but the 'Annual Sale' time has expired.
:encouragement:

Ferry_vO
January 13th, 2016, 11:44

Probably thanking CS for the paintkit they supplied to do the repaints with?

I think the expansion packs are always 9.99.

ThePlasticMax
January 13th, 2016, 16:39
:encouragement:

The expansions are 9.99 anyway, it's only ever worth buying the base models on sale usually.

vonstroheim
January 13th, 2016, 19:07
...If you want to have a specific livery, you are forced to buy the ADV, too...

No, not quite necessary. ADV liveries should fit on the base -200, as long as you discard the file "cs737_03_T.dds". I don't have the ADV because I have the feeling it's only a few filght dynamics tweaks (range, speed, fuel...) and slightly longer engines. Same VC and cabin...... Not worth it, but I may be wrong. If you're looking for historical accuracy, you'll need the ADV, since most operators bought this version. The freighter version looks nice and full of goodies, thou...

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/895954737.jpg

Repaint: USAir by Bruce Martin
(was featured in an "CS 737-200ADV 6 pack" zip, but I can't find anymore... I hope Bruce will reupload it for others to play with)

oldmsgt
January 13th, 2016, 20:18
"No, not quite necessary. ADV liveries should fit on the base -200, as long as you discard the file "cs737_03_T.dds".

Thank you Sir for this outstanding bit of information! Much appreciated.
:ernaehrung004:

747jet
January 14th, 2016, 04:14
So the ADV really has a better flight performance than the base model? I mean did Captain Sim simulate this?

gray eagle
January 15th, 2016, 10:46
I like the looks of this repaint and wish it was available....somewhere.

No, not quite necessary. ADV liveries should fit on the base -200, as long as you discard the file "cs737_03_T.dds". I don't have the ADV because I have the feeling it's only a few filght dynamics tweaks (range, speed, fuel...) and slightly longer engines. Same VC and cabin...... Not worth it, but I may be wrong. If you're looking for historical accuracy, you'll need the ADV, since most operators bought this version. The freighter version looks nice and full of goodies, thou...

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/895954737.jpg

Repaint: USAir by Bruce Martin
(was featured in an "CS 737-200ADV 6 pack" zip, but I can't find anymore... I hope Bruce will reupload it for others to play with)

bob407
January 15th, 2016, 13:14
I like the looks of this repaint and wish it was available....somewhere.

Here is one, not the same but somewhat similar.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33970&stc=1

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=167746

gray eagle
January 15th, 2016, 13:46
That's a nice one too, thanks. :adoration:

Here is one, not the same but somewhat similar.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33970&stc=1

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=167746

747jet
February 2nd, 2016, 09:45
I really like the Captain Sim Stuff and I use it most of the time when I have time to play fsx. BUT in detail, Captain Sim is sloppy:
They use the same inside cabin and cockpit models for different planes: 737-100 and 200, 767-200 and 300. The cabins are exactly the same, no differents in length.
I bought the 737-200ADV and nothing is different to the 200 base pack, only some parts at the model. Range etc. all the same!
Really do not understand this!! Captain Sim guys are f*** themselves with small and easy repairable mistakes

IanP
February 2nd, 2016, 10:57
They're not mistakes. They have always said that the expansion packs are visual external models only - except the AC-130, which has some extra goodies. Yes. that means the C-130J uses a C-130H panel, the 737-100 uses a 737-200ADV panel, etc. etc. etc.

There's nothing underhand about it. Every time I've looked, the expansion packs have said the same thing: External model only.

Ian P.

747jet
February 8th, 2016, 06:25
They're not mistakes. They have always said that the expansion packs are visual external models only - except the AC-130, which has some extra goodies. Yes. that means the C-130J uses a C-130H panel, the 737-100 uses a 737-200ADV panel, etc. etc. etc.

There's nothing underhand about it. Every time I've looked, the expansion packs have said the same thing: External model only.

Ian P.

Never read this before but ok
Fact is I want to increase the range of the ADV model to about 2300 nm.
Which points in the aircraft.cfg do I have to change?

This is the default aircraft.cfg:

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type = 1
Engine.0 = -3, -16.1, -5.2
Engine.1 = -3, 16.1, -5.2
fuel_flow_scalar = 1.4 (change??)
min_throttle_limit = -0.25
max_contrail_temperature = -30

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain = 0.002
inlet_area = 19.4
rated_N2_rpm = 29920
static_thrust = 15500
afterburner_available = 0
reverser_available = 1
ThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 0.385 (or change this point??)
AfterBurnThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 0

Thanks for helping! :wavey:

IanP
February 8th, 2016, 12:22
I don't know what the difference in the engines is, that makes the range increase, or whether it has a greater MTOW/MAUW and can simply carry more fuel!

Someone here must have that information, I'd hope? ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.