PDA

View Full Version : TR_A20G Skins

Steven KLein
January 12th, 2016, 19:55
Having trouble installing a new skin for the TR_A20G. Tried almost everything but nothing works. When I try to edit the Air.cfg file it tells me access is denied when I try to save. Also Unzipping the file into the texture or aircraft folders doesn't work or moving or copying the folders/files from the download doesn't work either. Help!

Allen
January 12th, 2016, 20:30
Let me guss Windows 7 ,8, 8.1 or 10. Also installed to the default directory? It is likey related to permissions. I don't have Windows 7 ,8, 8.1 or 10 so I can't tell you how to fix this but hopefully some one can.

It is recommended to install CFS2 into the C: only. Don't use the default directory that is somthing like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2.

Soon as any thing installed to Program Files or Program Files (x86) a bunch of protections are triggered that make editing a pain in the rear.

Rami
January 13th, 2016, 10:28
Allen,

I have never had that problem with Win 7. Have you tried turning the UAC off? :dizzy:

Allen
January 13th, 2016, 10:41
Have a Win7 but still use XP tell the day it dies so I don't have to deal with any permissions BS and I can make aircraft as I can use MDLC.

Steven KLein
January 13th, 2016, 13:49
I figured out how to do it and it involves renaming and deleting texture folders. Still a pain. Now I can't edit or add to QUICKCOM.

I made and renamed a copy of CFS2 and put it somewhere else and maybe now I can do it.