PDA

View Full Version : 10 U.S. sailors detained by Iran........

Navy Chief
January 12th, 2016, 15:04
Iran says they will release our sailors soon. Pardon my skepticism. :redfire: NC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/01/12/iran-captures-two-u-s-navy-boats-but-will-return-crew-soon/

RyanJZ
January 12th, 2016, 15:39
Better release them quick before we impose more sanctions! :banghead:

Flyboy208
January 12th, 2016, 16:23
As a former USN Airdale, I hate hearing this, but as a SOH Mod, I will chime in, keep it civil gents, because I know this will be a sensitive subject for many... Mike :running:

RyanJZ
January 12th, 2016, 16:37
As a former USN Airdale, I hate hearing this, but as a SOH Mod, I will chime in, keep it civil gents, because I know this will be a sensitive subject for many... Mike :running:
You got it. We all hate hearing news like this, and as much as some of us love making of fun of certain politicians who shall remain nameless, we aren't here to make our fellow aviators and simmers feel defeated or offended. Really goes against what this community is about. Hope Iran keeps to their word and releases these sailors.

SPman
January 12th, 2016, 16:48
You got it. We all hate hearing news like this, and as much as some of us love making of fun of certain politicians who shall remain nameless, we aren't here to make our fellow aviators and simmers feel defeated or offended. Really goes against what this community is about. Hope Iran keeps to their word and releases these sailors.

We work with a few Iranians, and the cafe across the street is run by an Iranian couple - lovely people. We also work with several expat. americans - also lovely people. Then we look at the governments of the USA, Australia, Iran ....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

enough said!

n4gix
January 13th, 2016, 09:21
Drama is over with barely a whimper. Sailors were released and returned fairly quickly.

Navy Chief
January 13th, 2016, 09:55
Drama is over with barely a whimper. Sailors were released and returned fairly quickly.

Yes, good news to be sure:applause: But I doubt they did so for any other reason, except the upcoming signing of the nuclear treaty, period. NC