PDA

View Full Version : CFS 2 error messages during startup

jbtate
January 11th, 2016, 13:02
I've tried to start CFS 2 since Saturday evening, but after running the starting movie, I get error messages that I think may have been started by an attempted unprompted Windows 10 update attempt on Saturday morning.

"Requested operations cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.
{0x000004c8]"

Clicking Okay goes to another error message:

"Unable to create default cache directory : ' Cache"

Clicking Abort takes shuts down startup and back to desktop.

The new updates are "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 X64 Redistributable
KB2565063"

I've tried to delete the files but I can't get the system to grant the delete. Seems like I remember something about KB2565063 in previous posts at SOH. I would appreciate any help or advice to get CFS 2 going.

No Dice
January 11th, 2016, 14:09
JB,

You should repost this in the CFS2 forum,

Dave

jbtate
January 11th, 2016, 19:48
The unprompted Windows 10 update must have erased Cache. I uninstalled and reinstalled, same cache error messages. I right clicked the CFS 2 icon and clicked Run as Administrator. Ran startup and then on to some install prompts that hadn't been addressed, Keyboard Command choice, etc. Went on to the CFS2 screen, adjusted settings and flew.

Allen
January 11th, 2016, 20:58
It is recommended to install CFS2 into the C: only. Don't use the default directory that is somthing like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2.

Using the default directory on Win7 and up seem to be a problem. You must also run as Administrator on Win7 and up. You should be able to set Run as Administrator on the program and short cuts.