PDA

View Full Version : Paying the bills 2016

Roger
January 10th, 2016, 10:48
Donations are nearly halfway to our goal but to double it we need many, so far non-donators to reach our goal.

So please, even if you can only afford $5, then donate just that.

Thank you,

Roger.

CP1207
January 10th, 2016, 11:09
I missed last year because my PC blew up and I was away from FS for awhile.

After selling some of the family jewels to build a new PC, I am back in the game and as soon as the credit card cuts end of next week, my contribution will be on the way.

Tom Clayton
January 17th, 2016, 16:02
A couple of years ago, I was taking my (now ex) wife to work one morning. When we passed by a local sandwich shop, she noticed that the glass door had been smashed. 45 minutes later as I was driving back home, the glass was still scattered and the police apparently hadn’t responded. I pulled into the parking lot and called the police to report the break-in. I was told at that time that I was the first to report it. Think about that for a minute… This shop was on one of the busiest stretches of one of the busiest roads in Greensboro. If only 10% of the thousands of people who had driven by had actually seen it, that’s still hundreds of people that had driven by and done nothing, assuming that somebody else would make the call. The problem is that if everyone assumes that someone else will make the call, then nobody calls!

That’s where we stand now. At last count, only 6% of our membership has chosen to donate. Granted, there is a percentage that is no longer active, but that still leaves the vast majority of members that have chosen to believe that “somebody else” will keep us afloat. If you donate just $10, that works out to less than 3¢/day. Yes, I understand that there may be a slight few members here that truly can’t afford that at one time, but I think that vast majority of us can. Don’t just sit back and wait for someone else to do it. Please, step up and help us keep the doors open.

Naismith
January 17th, 2016, 22:56
Well in my case I won't be supporting any more, haven't had any flight sims on the PC since October and I have lost any inclination to reinstall them, after 20 + years of PC sims and before that on Amigas, I`m done, other interests have overtaken the PC. I hope you continue to prosper. I will be popping in periodically to see developments of course but I can`t see me getting any enthusiasm in the near future.

Penzoil3
January 18th, 2016, 01:59
I'm retired, not old enough to get full social security till 2017. I'm living on my savings in the meantime. I donated.

If I can the rest of you certainly can ! ! !
Sue

Blackbird686
January 18th, 2016, 04:08
Since my traditional message regarding the Charter Membership Drive would be nothing more than self serving, I will simply say this... If EVERY member here chipped in just $5 BUCKS, the requirement needed to support SOH for the upcoming year would be met in just under 2 weeks.

BB686:US-flag:

fnkybnch
January 25th, 2016, 13:36
Mine is on its way via snail mail!

Ickie
January 26th, 2016, 03:44
fnkybnch
I make you a charter member 2016 now thanks for letting me know to check my mail, lol
thanks again