PDA

View Full Version : In case you guys missed it.....RCS B-25 for FSX is out

Lateral-G
February 2nd, 2009, 06:49
http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html

http://www.wbas.org/fs2009/rcsb25fsxv1.zip

Roy has updated his B-25 for FSX/SP2/Accel. It now has a VC.

I haven't got a chance to try it yet as I'm at work. We'll see how it goes this evening.

-G-

dharris
February 2nd, 2009, 06:58
Works good, I am using his Yellow Rose version and have great luck with this, very nice flight characteristics

http://www.b-25yellowrose.com/fltsim/default.htm

JT8D-9A
February 2nd, 2009, 07:52
Thanks for the HU and of course for this beauty! :applause:

EDIT: removed the link, because the fix is not for this version :redface:

6297J
February 2nd, 2009, 07:56
Perfect Sticky fodder I reckon :bump:

IanP
February 2nd, 2009, 08:04
They're still determined to smash that rather expensive Norden bombsite with the inaccurate pintle mounted nosegun though...

Pity they never bothered trying to do any research while making the model "different". :173go1:

EMatheson
February 2nd, 2009, 08:04
is it FSX native?
can I give it a whack in FS2004?

I love the MAAM-SIM version, but it is slightly dated and I would like a newer version of the Mitchell....

JT8D-9A
February 2nd, 2009, 08:19
It's a FS9 model but very performance friendly. Only the panel takes some time for loading - load the 2D Panel first and let it initialize and then switch through all views and into the VC to ensure that everything works perfectly.
I don't think that the gauges will work in FS9 but i don't have Fs9 anymore.
It's great work and freeware :welcome::applause:

hews500d
February 2nd, 2009, 08:36
Reading further down the page on his site it looks like it's FSX native for Sp2/Acceleration?? This one is going on my harddrive tonight! Anxiously awaiting VC pics from some of you that have downloaded.

Darrell

Roger
February 2nd, 2009, 09:27
It is not FsX native but in Dx9 frames are good for a complex model and the vc is good.:ernae: I had no problem going straight to vc.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/rcsb25-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/rcsb25-2.jpg

EMatheson
February 2nd, 2009, 10:59
Thanks! Good to know... I will defiantly be giving this one a try then!

Arkycharlie
February 2nd, 2009, 11:22
Excellent!!! I had an earlier version without a VC and am thrilled to get an FSX version with such a detailed VC. Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I look forward to building some hours in her!!!

charlie

Marlin
February 2nd, 2009, 11:22
It is not FsX native but....

WHY LORD, WHY!!!!!!!!:angryfir::crybaby::angryfir:

Roger
February 2nd, 2009, 11:51
WHY LORD, WHY!!!!!!!!:angryfir::crybaby::angryfir:

Ha, yes I know but I never argue with a piece of Freeware. Clearly a lot of time and effort went into this model and an FsX native would have been nice.

Jug 47
February 2nd, 2009, 13:23
Am downloading it now

Question ....will any of the other repaints from FS9 work on this one. Also is there any US repaints for it as well

thx in advance

Pepere
February 2nd, 2009, 13:28
Thanks "Lateral-G" for the HU. Dowing loading it now.:wave:

David :kilroy:

JimC1702
February 2nd, 2009, 14:28
She's a beauty! Thanks for the link.

Jim

GypsyBaron
February 2nd, 2009, 14:29
It is not FsX native but in Dx9 frames are good for a complex model and the vc is good.:ernae: I had no problem going straight to vc.
I'm afraid I'm going to sound 'critical' here...

I'm rather disappointed when it comes to the VC.
You can't fly this aircraft exclusively from the VC since
the started switches, mags and lighting switches in the VC
are not functional.

I use TrackIR and using a 2D panel in FSX is NOT an option, IMO.

There is no animation of throttles or yoke in the VC. In fact
they are not even present there.

I do appreaciate the VC gauge layout, VC clarity and the
external views from the VC but I'm afraid this is going to
be deleted from my system.

Another 'sticking point' with me is the use of self installers.
I prefer to install aircraft, scenery , etc to the folders of
my choice. For this particular aircraft, I forced the install
to my FSX\TEMP folder where I moved all the gauges
into the panel folder...I don't WANT addon gauges cluttering
up my main gauges folder, especially when they are 'tailor
made' for a particular aircraft.

For military aircraft, I have a folder "FSX Military Aircraft"
that resides entirely outside of my FSX main folder. Just
as I have seperate folders for "Propliners", FS9 ports into
"Aircaft", "AI Aircraft", "Military AI Aircraft".

FSX 'allows' for this sort of customization and for a developer
to attempt to remove that feature by supplying a 'hard-wired'
installer or an addon that relies upon a particular location
is simply not acceptable to me, be it freeware or payware.

It just seems a shame to me to have a developer, again either
freeware or payware, go to what is obviously a great deal of
effort in creating an addon and then 'short-change' the whole
product by not addressing what I consider essential FSX
elements....primarily
a VC that allows operation from a cold & dark environment
right up to becoming airborne and navigating to the destination
without having to rely upon 2D pop-ups.

But then that is MY criteria...YMMV...

Paul

LTCSZ
February 2nd, 2009, 16:47
I do like to be able to choose the install folder...I have my aircraft separated into categories like; "Single Engine Props", "Twin Props", etc...Other than that, I have no real problems with the new B-25...Having taken a stab some years ago at designing a plane, I know and appreciate the work that goes into it...I never did figure it out! This is a good forum for suggestions and constructive criticism...I hope there will be some repaints coming along soon...

Steve in Kansas

stansdds
February 3rd, 2009, 01:59
As far as I know, the MAAM Sim B-25 virtual cockpit lacks clickable switches as well, unless they changed it for FSX. Several years ago I downloaded the RCS B-25 and was impressed. I ended up purchasing the MAAM B-25 so that I could fly from the VC. I'll check out the new RCS B-25, if it is now equal to the MAAM offering, then perhaps MAAM will overhaul theirs and make the VC dynamic. Otherwise, why buy when you can get the same for free?

Capt.Vaughn
February 3rd, 2009, 02:25
Very nice plane :applause:

jojohnson9
February 3rd, 2009, 06:39
This is one of, if not, the best freeware aircraft I have in my hangar. It even beats many of the planes I have paid for.
Make sure you do not try to load it manually....as I usually do. As the instructions indicate, it won't work correctly. So I uninstalled and loaded according to the manual. Everything works fine now.
I fly the MAAM B-25 in FSX and it works okay. This one does better and I will use it more than MAAM's. This is not a knock at MAAM, I love their B-25 and TBM even if it is not FSX.

MCDesigns
February 3rd, 2009, 06:58
Great shots guys, off to give it a go. Anyone remember the issue awhile back where they supposedly used MAAM's copyrighted material when they created their version? I was wondering what the outcome was if there ever was an outcome.

Bruce Thompson
February 3rd, 2009, 07:25
Thanks for the HU.

This is a nice model from any angle.

JT8D-9A
February 3rd, 2009, 08:01
Great shots Bruce!
I - finally - realized that i need an envmap for my portovers (they are on an extra HD) :icon_lol:

EDIT:
I think it's better now with the envmap from Bob (envmap_replacement_fs9.zip @Avsim.com) - thanks Bob!

Am i the only one who is missing the effect files?

IanP
February 3rd, 2009, 08:56
Great shots guys, off to give it a go. Anyone remember the issue awhile back where they supposedly used MAAM's copyrighted material when they created their version? I was wondering what the outcome was if there ever was an outcome.

There was no supposedly. It was proven by independent investigations.

Enough time has gone by now that what went on is fairly immaterial, but the fact remains that the aircraft is right mess of different versions and variants, specifically to differentiate it from the base model of MAAM's aircraft.

As a fictional B-25, for a flight sim, it's not that bad. As a supposed representation of a real aircraft, it's utter hogwash.

Bruce Thompson
February 3rd, 2009, 09:22
Don' be so bloody picky, it's free and if you can do better then lets see e'm.

Txmmy83
February 3rd, 2009, 09:26
is there a paintkit for that B-25 Mitchell anywhere ?

BR
Tom

Lateral-G
February 3rd, 2009, 09:45
As a supposed representation of a real aircraft, it's utter hogwash.

Can you elaborate?

-G-

IanP
February 3rd, 2009, 09:53
Don' be so bloody picky, it's free and if you can do better then lets see e'm.

All I did was answer the question. I'm just not as blas<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cianp%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->é with other people's property as Mr. Chaffin evidently is, I guess.

Just out of interest, if someone released another design group's (payware) model for free, then I assume you'd say anyone who didn't use that was "picky" as well?

Edit:

Can you elaborate?

-G-

Two good examples:

1) As I have already mentioned on this thread, the pintle mounted gun was never fitted at the same time as the two guns fitted alongside the bombardier's position - the reason being that no Norden bombsite = nose gun, Norden bombsight = two side guns. You'd hit the (very delicate and expensive) Norden with the pintle mounted gun in the rig presented here, which would be a "bad thing".

2) Find a panel that has that configuration anywhere on an existing or wartime B-25. It doesn't exist!

At least they finally removed the (non standard - only on the MAAM aircraft) eyebrow lights from the gauges at last, by the look of it. That took long enough.

Bruce Thompson
February 3rd, 2009, 10:10
Had I known the history of what you are saying Ian, then I might have worded things a little better.

Maybe you should take it up with them in person, we all hate Pirates, but I don't think you should knock a another mans work unless you know the full facts of the matter.

This is the Best Site for us Simmers, but there are times when it seems to be nothing more than a Forum for pulling things apart rather than trying to encourage people to do better.

Now I am going back to fly the B25 and enjoy it, for what it is, a nice model.

Lateral-G
February 3rd, 2009, 10:19
Two good examples:

1) As I have already mentioned on this thread, the pintle mounted gun was never fitted at the same time as the two guns fitted alongside the bombardier's position - the reason being that no Norden bombsite = nose gun, Norden bombsight = two side guns. You'd hit the (very delicate and expensive) Norden with the pintle mounted gun in the rig presented here, which would be a "bad thing".

I guess these are incorrect as well:

(not trying to start a flame war but just doing a quick search on google for B-25J pics)

-G-

JT8D-9A
February 3rd, 2009, 10:33
I don't know the whole story and i'm not a B-25 expert.
This aircraft has been built from stolen parts of the MAAM B-25?

IanP
February 3rd, 2009, 10:38
Those aircraft also have the post-war collector rings on the rear of the engines (done for noise reduction) so they're not as good reproductions as they could be, no. ;)

So it's not historically accurate. Neither are most warbirds flying today, for a large number of reasons (even if it's just that they have a GPS fitted so you can find the airshows... ;)) - the only reason I brought it up is because we were told when RCS first released the model that it was based on a real aircraft. It couldn't have been, unfortunately, because no aircraft were made like that. Those aircraft would not have had pintle nose guns and the Norden at the same time in combat - or they wouldn't have a Norden for long!

It's entirely up to you whether you use it or not. I have no say in the matter. :)

Nils: Yes, originally, but it has been significantly modified since then. If you're interested in the history, I can send you links to the detail, but other than that, seriously water under the bridge.

dharris
February 3rd, 2009, 11:13
This is a link to Roy's website http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html
and his side of the story here http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs_statement.htm

Not being personally involved in the dispute , nor having any person first hand knowledge, I would just like to say that I have had a good relation with Roy over the last several years and have found him to be very honest and sincere. I for one beleive what he has said, as any my dealings with him have found him to always be respectful. His work is second to none, and I wish him the best of luck in the future. Just my two cents worth. Don Harris
:monkies:

IanP
February 3rd, 2009, 11:25
Unfortunately, Roy's version does not match reality.

I, personally, was involved in Bill Rambow's package projects before Bill approached Roy to ask whether he could use some of Roy's panels. Bill then approached Roy to assist with the creation of a DC-3 panel. I still have the original packages, both before and after the inclusion of Roy's panels.

You may say that Roy is honest and sincere, Don, but I will say that he lied. I can and will state that here because I can and will also stand up in a court of law and state that, with evidence. However, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to take this that far.

The facts are that MAAM removed the rights from Roy to use any part of the model and/or textures after he left the team, because his product would be in direct competition with the MAAM-SIM model. That letter is also in the public domain and, indeed, I believe is still published at Avsim along with the retouched texures and photographs that Roy did not have permission to use. I'll link to it later, when I've eaten, as dinner is almost ready and I really couldn't be bothered with all this again right now. If anyone wants links in the short term, "Roy Chaffin" and "MAAM" at Avsim should yield their investigation and the statement. There's more around than that, but that's easy to find.

All of that, however, relates to a version of the RCS B-25 that is at least two, possibly three, earlier than the one just released. My only problem with this one is the fact that it is not a reproduction of a wartime B-25. It is not the same package as the original dispute was over.

JT8D-9A
February 3rd, 2009, 11:36
Thanks Ian. I found something at Avsim, via Google, which is not very nice and i also read Mr. Chaffin's statement.
I don't say something against Mr. Chaffin and i absolutely don't know who is right, but i don't feel comfortable with the aircraft because it's still a FS9 model ("redesigning and rebuilding just about everything from the ground up" ...a FS9 model for FSX SP2/XPAck:confused:).
So i will remove it because it's all a little bit strange (RCS_B25_RAF_Register.exe?).

Dexdoggy
February 3rd, 2009, 12:35
A work of art! The minimal VC is a shame (although what is there looks brilliant!), and she is remarkable in external view. A real beauty, but without the full VC I probably won't fly it very often.

EMatheson
February 3rd, 2009, 12:45
Well, whether the MAAM Mitchell is dated or not, I, personally found it better for my purposes... the model is more detailed, the system loads a good deal less... and the external paint seemed rather dark on my machine. So, it didn't last long (taste more than anything the reason).
I did know previously of the MAAM-SIM issues, but I did not know the whole story. Reading Russell Strines article showed me the reasons for the dispute, and it is likely that the plane would have been deleted for that reason, even if it has been modified beyond recognition.
At any rate, this is a gem for freeware in FS9... I am just spoiled by my payware!

jeansy
February 3rd, 2009, 14:20
is there a paintkit for that B-25 Mitchell anywhere ?

BR
Tom

i emailed roy yesterday and asked about a paintkit,

"no paintkit sorry" and it doesnt sound like theres going to be one

shame

dharris
February 3rd, 2009, 15:02
If you are referring to the registration bat all that does is register the gauges in fsx so you don't have to double clik each gauge the first time you use it. To bad others don't use the same method. As far as Google is concerned, you can't tell me you believe everything you search for now can you? I don't like piracy either, not defending it, but to willy nilly (for the brits) accuse someone of it without more than you are saying is hypocricy. In the U.S.A anyways you are innocent until PROVEN guily. Accusing someone just ruins the person with out trial. If you had read the disclaimer on Roy's website, you would have both sides and maybe not so quick to judge. If this gets me kicked off this board, so be it. Not trying to run down Ian, but this is a forum and I don't think Ian was trying to get this involved or was I. I am done with the soapbox.:focus:

Thanks Ian. I found something at Avsim, via Google, which is not very nice and i also read Mr. Chaffin's statement.
I don't say something against Mr. Chaffin and i absolutely don't know who is right, but i don't feel comfortable with the aircraft because it's still a FS9 model ("redesigning and rebuilding just about everything from the ground up" ...a FS9 model for FSX SP2/XPAck:confused:).
So i will remove it because it's all a little bit strange (RCS_B25_RAF_Register.exe?).

hey_moe
February 3rd, 2009, 15:16
OUTSTANDING:applause:

Gdavis101
February 3rd, 2009, 15:35
I like!

CG_1976
February 3rd, 2009, 15:51
Thank you for the HU. Something more i can fly around the Caribbean.:friday:

jojohnson9
February 3rd, 2009, 15:56
As I stated earlier, I like this B-25. I also like my MAAM B-25. Reading all the posts has made me aware of the controversy this new B-25 has generated. My first reaction on loading this new bomber was that it DID resemble the MAAM in many ways. Am I an SOB for keeping it...maybe. BUT I LIKE IT! I so wish and hope that MAAM will start making FSX aircraft...maybe their P2V-7 (SP-2H actually).

stansdds
February 3rd, 2009, 17:36
Ok, I've tried the updated RCS B-25. The exterior is stunning, but the VC does leave a bit to be desired. The textures look a bit grainy as do the gauges. There is no control yoke nor is there a center throttle console. The upside is that once installed and set up it does not require patches and swapping prop textures to work in FSX SP2 and can be started manually. I really liked the MAAM B-25 in FS9, but who knows when the MAAM team will make their B-25 fully FSX SP2 ready. I dunno, I might just stick to the SOH A-26, I've got everything on it working pretty well except for the energizer sound.

Moparmike
February 3rd, 2009, 17:36
Unfortunately, Roy's version does not match reality.

I, personally, was involved in Bill Rambow's package projects before Bill approached Roy to ask whether he could use some of Roy's panels. Bill then approached Roy to assist with the creation of a DC-3 panel. I still have the original packages, both before and after the inclusion of Roy's panels.

You may say that Roy is honest and sincere, Don, but I will say that he lied. I can and will state that here because I can and will also stand up in a court of law and state that, with evidence. However, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to take this that far.

The facts are that MAAM removed the rights from Roy to use any part of the model and/or textures after he left the team, because his product would be in direct competition with the MAAM-SIM model. That letter is also in the public domain and, indeed, I believe is still published at Avsim along with the retouched texures and photographs that Roy did not have permission to use. I'll link to it later, when I've eaten, as dinner is almost ready and I really couldn't be bothered with all this again right now. If anyone wants links in the short term, "Roy Chaffin" and "MAAM" at Avsim should yield their investigation and the statement. There's more around than that, but that's easy to find.

All of that, however, relates to a version of the RCS B-25 that is at least two, possibly three, earlier than the one just released. My only problem with this one is the fact that it is not a reproduction of a wartime B-25. It is not the same package as the original dispute was over.

Yup, the MAAM/RCS B-25 dispute did raise quite a few hackles. As stated in Ian's last sentence this isn't the package that all the fuss was about. That is in the past...and between Bill & crew and Roy to sort out amongst themselves.

Reminder to everyone:
Let's not dredge up the whole ugly mess again here otherwise the staff be forced to throw a padlock on things. Please keep the discussion on-topic.

MCDesigns
February 3rd, 2009, 18:07
Sorry for getting anyones tempers up and setting Ian off, was just wondering since I vaguely remember the situation back when and wondered if anyone had any more info on it.

:focus: It's a nice model, agreed that the VC could be more detailed, but I see no FPS impact other than some texture loading in the VC, but love the sounds. I also had no issues with a manual install ( I hate autoinstallers)

stansdds
February 4th, 2009, 02:17
As for auto-installers, it's a love-hate relationship. I love the simplicity and ease of use, but I hate not knowing what is being written to where.

guzler
February 4th, 2009, 02:34
My opinion...

this thing is free, this thing is great, I appreciate all the hard work that went into it so that I may have the pleasure of a great warbird in my FSX sky. What ever happened in the past is none of my concern - my choice.

Thankyou guys for all your effort.

JT8D-9A
February 4th, 2009, 02:38
@Don
Don, I haven't accused him of piracy.

It's a nice model and i also don't like autoinstaller. For removing it i haven't used the uninstaller.

Mithrin
February 4th, 2009, 03:20
I'm loving it. Love the looks of the VC. It works, good textures. I don't mind not having the yoke in there as mostly my eyes aren't fixed on that anyway. For freeware this is outstanding and it's great to have one of those for FSX.

audixaudix
February 4th, 2009, 08:16
Hi Guys

For those that are interested, I am working on a "mini paintkit" for the B25. Unfortunately it is not possible to make a paintkit for the full aircraft due to the graphics program I use being incompatible with all other commonly used packages, creation techniques for rivets/panel lines (which are not a transparent overlay) and the fact that there are over 50 source files for the external graphics with a total file size of over 1 Gb.

The mini paintkit will allow one to change noseart and aircraft markings on an existing paint-scheme. If those of you that want different paint scehemes, could post a "wish list" of paint schemes you would like, I will see what can be done to bring out a full set of textures with the corresponding 'mini paint-kit'.

With regards to the VC ... the version in the current model was created to allow the different "views" up.left,right, forward up etc. in FS-X, hence the lack of functionality and numerous missing cockpit components. However, I have been working on an updated VC which has all of the missing bits which will hopefully be available at some stage in the future.

The B25 for FS-X is not based on a real aircraft, it does not contain a Norden Bombsight (for those technical purists) and every single graphic/texture for this aircraft was created by me personally - with my input on textures alone now exceeding 8000 hours.

I have never once spoken out about any of the issues that took place in the past and I am not about to start now other than respectfully asking the members of this forum that are making baseless and unfounded claims to please stop. Your claims are in fact levelled at me personally. I have not ever used somebody else's graphics, no matter what any 'independant' enquiry might say ... and I have the source files to prove it.

I am an avid FS fan, I have the greatest respect for the people and equipment of the golden age of aviation. I have put in the time and effort I have, often at great personal cost and sacrifice, along with the other members of the team, to create something that would hopefully be enjoyed and appreciated by others and present a "virtual" tribute to the brave men, women and equipment of that great age.

Steve

Moparmike
February 4th, 2009, 08:23
Welcome to Sim-Outhouse Steve!
You guys did a very good job on this bird!

audixaudix
February 4th, 2009, 08:35
Welcome to Sim-Outhouse Steve!
You guys did a very good job on this bird!

Thanks Mike :)

Steve

IanP
February 4th, 2009, 08:37
We have been directly asked to let it drop, so I will do so. Let's just leave it as saying the RCS version of the history and the MAAM-SIM version of the history will never agree.

FWIW, under no circumstances am I "bashing" the degree of technical skill that has gone into this model. It does look very nice indeed and I'm glad to hear that the Norden is gone now! :)

pointy31
February 4th, 2009, 08:47
Hi Guys

For those that are interested, I am working on a "mini paintkit" for the B25. Unfortunately it is not possible to make a paintkit for the full aircraft due to the graphics program I use being incompatible with all other commonly used packages, creation techniques for rivets/panel lines (which are not a transparent overlay) and the fact that there are over 50 source files for the external graphics with a total file size of over 1 Gb.

The mini paintkit will allow one to change noseart and aircraft markings on an existing paint-scheme. If those of you that want different paint scehemes, could post a "wish list" of paint schemes you would like, I will see what can be done to bring out a full set of textures with the corresponding 'mini paint-kit'.

With regards to the VC ... the version in the current model was created to allow the different "views" up.left,right, forward up etc. in FS-X, hence the lack of functionality and numerous missing cockpit components. However, I have been working on an updated VC which has all of the missing bits which will hopefully be available at some stage in the future.

The B25 for FS-X is not based on a real aircraft, it does not contain a Norden Bombsight (for those technical purists) and every single graphic/texture for this aircraft was created by me personally - with my input on textures alone now exceeding 8000 hours.

I have never once spoken out about any of the issues that took place in the past and I am not about to start now other than respectfully asking the members of this forum that are making baseless and unfounded claims to please stop. Your claims are in fact levelled at me personally. I have not ever used somebody else's graphics, no matter what any 'independant' enquiry might say ... and I have the source files to prove it.

I am an avid FS fan, I have the greatest respect for the people and equipment of the golden age of aviation. I have put in the time and effort I have, often at great personal cost and sacrifice, along with the other members of the team, to create something that would hopefully be enjoyed and appreciated by others and present a "virtual" tribute to the brave men, women and equipment of that great age.

Steve

My choice of schemes is a simple one..."Panchito". This particular aircraft is the subject of Monogram's 1/48 scale B25-J

audixaudix
February 4th, 2009, 08:50
Hi IanP

With regards to the Norden bombsight. The Yellow Rose, whether originally manufactured in that configuration, has both a nosegun and a Norden bombsight and was reproduced for FS in the same 'real world' configuration.

I was unaware that the nosegun was not fitted back in the day to aircraft that were kitted out with the norden bombsight. I incorrectly assumed, based on the pics I have of noseguns/norden 'installations' that it was a "standard" configuration.

Steve

IanP
February 4th, 2009, 09:02
Regarding the Norden, Steve, the vast majority of B-25s that served during WW2 were not fitted with Norden bombsights - they were only fitted to section lead aircraft and the remainder of the aircraft simply dropped on the command from the lead ship.

Because of the improved defensive capabilities of having a non-fixed MG in the nose (you can't turn the nose to fire on an attacking fighter when flying in formation!), the other aircraft in a section were equipped with pintle-mounted MGs. For some reason, almost every B-25 refurbished back to be a 'warbird' has a Norden, even though most of them were probably not fitted during the war and, as such, the pintle mount guns on them would be completely correct but the guns are usually secured in position so they don't hit the bombsight. It's not an issue that's unique to Yellow Rose, for certain. I've been around a small number of B-25s over the years and seen pictures of many more. The pintle mount MG + Norden combination is far from uncommon in restorations. It's very definitely not a wartime configuration, though.

Henry
February 4th, 2009, 10:44

Steve
That is why we are all here
Thank you Sir
H

dharris
February 4th, 2009, 12:59
:engel016:Being as how I am probably older than dirt, I have a great respect for those aviators that flew in these wonderful contraptions. When you realize that most were barely in their twenties, they did a great job. And Ian, I hope that there are no hard feelings, there are none from my side of the pond. Don

EgoR64
February 4th, 2009, 13:15
:friday:

I'm loving this Aircraft, Fantastic Job !!

Thanks for your Hard Work !!

Many Cheers !! :ernae::applause::ernae:

Pips
February 4th, 2009, 20:11
This aircraft absolutely rocks!! :gossip:

expat
February 5th, 2009, 00:08
SUPERB !! Thanks very much for all your effort and for sharing it.

expat
February 5th, 2009, 00:16
Question: are there any other repaints that will fit this model?

For painters: is there any way to do a "Heavenly Body" repaint - the photo posted above is to die for - of this model or is that too difficult due to so many textures?

audixaudix
February 6th, 2009, 01:31
<style></style>
Question: are there any other repaints that will fit this model?

For painters: is there any way to do a "Heavenly Body" repaint - the photo posted above is to die for - of this model or is that too difficult due to so many textures?

Regarding repaints:

Once I have a complete list of "wish list" paint schemes for the b25, (both from members of this forum and from the many emails being received) it will be announced what the battle plan is.

It is possible to do a repaint for the B25. The many files just makes it impractical to create and provide a "public paintkit". It will take about a month to do a new "paint scheme" once I get started. If I work on more than one paint scheme at the same time it will add perhaps an extra day per extra paint scheme ...so theoretically, I could create a number of paint scheme's in about a month.

If I work on it full time - it is 10-14 days work.

So, I am just waiting a while so a comprehensive list of what people would like can be built up and it will be taken from there.

Steve

Lateral-G
February 6th, 2009, 07:42
<style></style>

Regarding repaints:

Once I have a complete list of "wish list" paint schemes for the b25, (both from members of this forum and from the many emails being received) it will be announced what the battle plan is.

It is possible to do a repaint for the B25. The many files just makes it impractical to create and provide a "public paintkit". It will take about a month to do a new "paint scheme" once I get started. If I work on more than one paint scheme at the same time it will add perhaps an extra day per extra paint scheme ...so theoretically, I could create a number of paint scheme's in about a month.

If I work on it full time - it is 10-14 days work.

So, I am just waiting a while so a comprehensive list of what people would like can be built up and it will be taken from there.

Steve

Steve,

I for one will appreciate any repaints you may do.

Thanks.

-G-

BTW....is it possible to have bump mapping on this?

expat
February 6th, 2009, 09:26
Thanks very much Steve. They will be worth waiting for and appreciate the effort.

Expat

Arkycharlie
February 6th, 2009, 11:36
A wonderful freeware aircraft!!!

No offense to our allies, the Brits and the RAF, but any US repaint would be greatly appreciated by me!

audixaudix
February 6th, 2009, 12:06
Steve,

I for one will appreciate any repaints you may do.

Thanks.

-G-

BTW....is it possible to have bump mapping on this?

Hi -G- :-)

With regards to the bump mapping etc. ... it is not possible with the current model ... HOWEVER ... IF there is enough interest from people, I will consider making the changes needed and doing an FS-X "native" model with all of the bells and whistles.

Steve

IanP
February 6th, 2009, 12:13
I really don't think you'll have any problem rustling up the support for an FSX-native version, Steve. ;)

audixaudix
February 6th, 2009, 12:35
I really don't think you'll have any problem rustling up the support for an FSX-native version, Steve. ;)

That's what I'm afraid of :redface:

Steve

MCDesigns
February 6th, 2009, 12:48
That's what I'm afraid of :redface:

Steve

Hey, you offered!:d

"raises hand for native FSX bird!":amen:

audixaudix
February 6th, 2009, 12:56
Hey, you offered!:d

"raises hand for native FSX bird!":amen:

IT HAS STARTED :help:

[Thinks Aloud] ... now where is that damn "delete post" button ???? [/Thinks Aloud]

Steve

huub vink
February 6th, 2009, 14:47
Really a stunning model :applause: :applause: :applause:

A big "Thank you" for giving it to us!

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25.jpg

tigisfat
February 6th, 2009, 21:56
The outside of this aircraft is just gorgeous. The lack of VC detail is just fine because it's free and looks this good.

huub vink
February 7th, 2009, 05:15
Audixaudix, like already said by lateral-G; any repaint will be highly appreciated, but I would really appreciate a repaint in the colours of the Dutch 320 Squadron who were part of the RAF. They flew the B25-J from december 1944 until August 1945 when the Squadron became part of the Dutch Navy.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history_old/h320.html

Thanks for taking it in consideration,

Huub

audixaudix
February 7th, 2009, 14:38
Audixaudix, like already said by lateral-G; any repaint will be highly appreciated, but I would really appreciate a repaint in the colours of the Dutch 320 Squadron who were part of the RAF. They flew the B25-J from december 1944 until August 1945 when the Squadron became part of the Dutch Navy.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history_old/h320.html

Thanks for taking it in consideration,

Huub

Hi Huub

I have a number of photo's taken at an airshow of an RAF Mitchell MkII with a similar paint scheme to the one on the webpage you provided the link for.

Are those the colours that you would like?

Steve

MikeH
February 8th, 2009, 01:49
Huub wrote:
any repaint will be highly appreciated, but I would really appreciate a repaint in the colours of the Dutch 320 Squadron who were part of the RAF. They flew the B25-J from december 1944 until August 1945 when the Squadron became part of the Dutch Navy.

This B-25 is an outstanding piece of work and is very much appreciated. Thankyou to all of the team that created it.

I'm with Huub as regards the Dutch 320 Squadron repaint. I live only 6 miles from Attlebridge airfield in Norfolk, England from where 320 Squadron's B-25's flew out of in 1943.

Mike

huub vink
February 8th, 2009, 03:53
Are those the colours that you would like

Those are indeed the colours I would like, nothing fancy, just as standard olive-drab/grey scheme with D-Day stripes, red lettering and a small orange triangle.

There might be some confusion as the Dutch flew the B-25J both in the Europe, as part from the RAF (320 sqn), and in the Pacific, as part from the RAAF (18 sqn & 19 sqn). After the war in 1947 the Royal Dutch Navy purchased the B-25C/D which remained in service until 1954. The former RAAF B25s went to the Netherlands East Indies Air Force and remained in service until Indonesia became independent.

The picture below shows a B25 (NO-V) in the livery I would like. The orange triangle shows the aircraft belongs to a Dutch squadron (although there were some Belgium crews in the 320 sqn as well).

During the war the aircrafts had "nose arts" and the number of missions flown were illustrated by bombs on the nose. Many of the earlier B-25s had names painted on the noses. There are a few I know:
FR207 NO-U was called Flak Joy,
FR141 NO-B was called Ouwe Jongens,
FR198 NO-C was called C for Crocodile,
FR201 NO-Z was called Blasting B@star@rd.
The only picture from these nose arts I have is from "Ouwe Jongens".

The B-25Js were "on loan" from the RAF, I can imagine these didn't have any nose arts except for the small "official" orange triagle.

Thanks again,
Huub

Aircraft numbers and registrations can be found here:
http://www.airwarweb.net/dutch/320b25.php

Picture by G.J. Tornij
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/B25-J_320squadron.jpg

audixaudix
February 8th, 2009, 05:46
Thx for the info & link Huub.

Steve

Thoe6969
February 8th, 2009, 05:49
I just can't understand people picking freeware planes apart,if there not good enough for ya dont fly um.I for one loved this plane in FS9and am glad to have her in FSX.Thanks for giving her to us. :applause:

GypsyBaron
February 8th, 2009, 11:59
I just can't understand people picking freeware planes apart,if there not good enough for ya dont fly um.I for one loved this plane in FS9and am glad to have her in FSX.Thanks for giving her to us. :applause:

Perhaps a favorable or unfavorable 'review' will influence
whether someone goes to the trouble of downloading and
installing a particular aircraft.

I, for one, would not have taken the time to do so had I
been informed of the VC deficiencies in this particular
aircraft. The excellent exterior views do not "sell" an aircraft
for me since I spend 99.5% of my time in the VC. That is
what 'sells me', or not, on any aircraft...freeware or payware.

The 'reviews' of others have saved me going to the trouble
of downloading a great many addons in the past and
I am thankful to have read them...YMMV...

Paul

Roger
February 8th, 2009, 12:07
Perhaps a favorable or unfavorable 'review' will influence
whether someone goes to the trouble of downloading and
installing a particular aircraft.

I, for one, would not have taken the time to do so had I
been informed of the VC deficiencies in this particular
aircraft. The excellent exterior views do not "sell" an aircraft
for me since I spend 99.5% of my time in the VC. That is
what 'sells me', or not, on any aircraft...freeware or payware.

The 'reviews' of others have saved me going to the trouble
of downloading a great many addons in the past and
I am thankful to have read them...YMMV...

Paul

How long did it take to download Paul...20 minutes?
How long did it take to make 500...1000hours?

Big shame for you wasting all that time to download it just to discover that it's not what you wanted.

I don't want to hear any more comments about freeware from you again. OK!!!!!

SkippyBing
February 8th, 2009, 12:22

No sorry I don't buy that. Just because something is freeware doesn't mean you shouldn't comment on it/review it, otherwise how will the developers improve their future projects? Just saying 'Oh it's freeware it's beyond criticism' is ridiculous, sure it's worth thanking the developer for giving their time, but otherwise how could you tell good freeware from bad, where do you draw the line?
Do I release a cylinder and a box as freeware and claim it's a Beech Staggerwing? By your logic because it's freeware no one should comment that it's actually a feed of a***.
Personnally I liked the external model of the B-25, but the VC wasn't my cup of tea due to the way I do most of my flying. Now if someone had posted that before I'd downloaded it I may have saved myself the download time and test flying time, and yes 20 minutes of my time is valuable as I could have used it on something else.
If you don't <link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CBing%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CBing%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->criticise <o:p></o:p> freeware the developer can't improve and personally I find one constructively critical comment far more useful than fifty saying 'oh it's freeware, it's great'.

audixaudix
February 8th, 2009, 12:52
No sorry I don't buy that. Just because something is freeware doesn't mean you shouldn't comment on it/review it, otherwise how will the developers improve their future projects? Just saying 'Oh it's freeware it's beyond criticism' is ridiculous, sure it's worth thanking the developer for giving their time, but otherwise how could you tell good freeware from bad, where do you draw the line?
Do I release a cylinder and a box as freeware and claim it's a Beech Staggerwing? By your logic because it's freeware no one should comment that it's actually a feed of a***.
Personnally I liked the external model of the B-25, but the VC wasn't my cup of tea due to the way I do most of my flying. Now if someone had posted that before I'd downloaded it I may have saved myself the download time and test flying time, and yes 20 minutes of my time is valuable as I could have used it on something else.
If you don't <link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CBing%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CBing%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht mlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->criticise <o:p></o:p> freeware the developer can't improve and personally I find one constructively critical comment far more useful than fifty saying 'oh it's freeware, it's great'.

I myself am also very picky and choosy as to what I look for in an aircraft, freeware or payware. I too get irritated when I spend however long downloading something that as soon as I have installed it, "irks" me for whatever reason and then is immediately remove. So speaking for myself, no offense is taken when people that use the VC as their primary flying "view" do not want to use the aircraft.

Unfortunately, it was not possible to get a full working VC for this version but as I have mentioned there are updates planned. I cannot give any timeframe as the model is but one part of it, but any updates will be announced.

I personally like the ambience of the VC myself and the work I am doing on the VC is to make it as realistic and useable as possible. So, any comments that give insight into what people want does make for a better final product.

For those interested, total manhours of the team on the project to date are in excess of 25000.

Steve

SkippyBing
February 8th, 2009, 13:06
Steve,

Glad you got my point!

With regards to the VC, I'd say the instruments need to be slightly higher resolution, shouldn't be a major problem as the 2d cockpit had great gauges. Offset the eyepoint to be above the pilot's seat rather than in the middle (understand why you did this in the current version) and make the engine controls etc. controllable in the VC.

It may be easier to do if you use the FSX exporter for gMax, I think this includes more of the basic controls as default animations. I wouldn't include a co-pilot in the VC as they tend to look unrealistic and actually make it less immersive.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Skippy

GypsyBaron
February 8th, 2009, 14:06
-SNIP-

Then I might suggest you not read my posts from here on out
as you are certainly NOT my 'censor' and I shall continue
to post my observations/comments/critques as I see fit.

After all, what is the purpose of a forum if not to exchange
ideas, thoughts, information?

I'm sorry you seem to have such an apparent 'thin skin'...

Paul

EgoR64
February 8th, 2009, 14:10
Very nice Shot Huub Vink !!

She sure is pretty up close !!

Cheers !!:ernae:

guzler
February 9th, 2009, 00:55
I have downloaded freewares in the past that were not my cup of tea, some of which others have raved about. I have never once been ungrateful though, as someone has put hours of there own time in them for others to enjoy. There are ways to publicly say that something is not "YOUR" cup of tea without making it out to be crap, as crap is personal choice anyway. My missus loves marmite, I bloody hate it, so who is right ? We all have different opinions, however, I believe that respect should be used in HOW that message is delivered, freeware or payware or anything else.

My two penneth

dharris
February 9th, 2009, 06:19
:focus:I can see the chief's point of view about flying mostly in vc and not wanting to bother with a less than perfect vc, however, I will usually download any model, if that one suits me personally and then decide for myself. If I would have just followed others critiques I would have missed out on a good many superb freeware. If after downloading and trying it out, I don't like it, the delete button is free-of-it-ware. That being said, each to his or her own. Life is to short to sweat the small stuff, as some of you, (you know who you are!) so enjoy the time left. It goes by so fast. And since this is a forum for opions, that was mine, thanks for listening.

Lateral-G
February 9th, 2009, 07:08
I have downloaded freewares in the past that were not my cup of tea, some of which others have raved about. I have never once been ungrateful though, as someone has put hours of there own time in them for others to enjoy. There are ways to publicly say that something is not "YOUR" cup of tea without making it out to be crap, as crap is personal choice anyway. My missus loves marmite, I bloody hate it, so who is right ? We all have different opinions, however, I believe that respect should be used in HOW that message is delivered, freeware or payware or anything else.

My two penneth

Well put.

As mom always said if you can't say something nice.......

I for one can respect ANYONE that puts the time and effort into creating these models. I know, because I have tried myself and realized firsthand just how much effort and time go into even the most simple thing like repainting. Doing a complete model from the ground up is an enormous task.

If I don't like a particular piece of freeware I move on to the next. If I do like it I will post saying so. Others may like it (same as me), others may not. I won't begrudge anyone their opinion, so long as it's expressed constructively. I will take umbrage at those who put down a modeler or model because a particular aircraft doesn't meet some arbitrary standards a user sets forth. If you have some sort of constructive criticism then by all means present it in a civil and cordial matter. But to criticize for the sake of criticism is just plain rude.

-G-

GypsyBaron
February 9th, 2009, 10:57
-SNIP-
If you have some sort of constructive criticism then by all means present it in a civil and cordial matter. But to criticize for the sake of criticism is just plain rude.

-G-

Would you mind putting some context into your post?
Nowhere in this thread have I read anything that I
would consider "uncivil" or "rude" or "criticism for the
sake of criticism".

Certainly not my original post as that was meant only to point out
what I saw as deficiencies in an otherwise splendid model
as a user of TrackIR and someone who spends 99.5% of his
time in the VC....

Paul

huub vink
February 9th, 2009, 13:54
Personally I consider freeware a gift from the team who created this. Like in the real world there are gifts I like and gifts I like a bit less. Personally even when I like a gift a bit less I normally thank for it, as I definitely appreciate the fact somebody took he effort of giving the gift to me.

In my humble opinion it takes even more effort to upload anything, than to download it. And I should know as I have uploaded quite some files so far.

Huub

Roger
February 9th, 2009, 14:25
Then I might suggest you not read my posts from here on out
as you are certainly NOT my 'censor' and I shall continue
to post my observations/comments/critques as I see fit.

After all, what is the purpose of a forum if not to exchange
ideas, thoughts, information?

I'm sorry you seem to have such an apparent 'thin skin'...

Paul
When I administered the Fs forums here, which I did for 4 years until leaving for pastures new, I'd have given you one pm as a warning then another transgression and you'd have been gone. I never allowed such disparagement of gifts from the freeware boys as yours.
So from from your point of view it's a damn good job I left as staff.

LTCSZ
February 9th, 2009, 15:44
This is silly...Let's talk about flying!

Lateral-G
February 9th, 2009, 16:38
This is silly...Let's talk about flying!

Amen brother!

GypsyBaron
February 9th, 2009, 16:41
-SNIP-
I never allowed such disparagement of gifts from the freeware boys as yours.
So from from your point of view it's a damn good job I left as staff.

"disparagement of gifts"...just HOW did you read THAT
into my post?
Pointing out what I considered deficiencies in a FSX aircraft?
Is it not allowed to have an opinion, other than yours?

You really ought to reexamine the thread here once you come
down off your high horse...

And if you were staff here, I would question the integrity
of the forums...

This is my final reply to you and my last post to this thread.
I shall, however, continue to express MY opinons as I see fit...

Paul

Gramps
February 9th, 2009, 17:48
Ok fellers, lets keep it civil here!!

Don't really wanna have to close this down

harleyman
February 9th, 2009, 18:22
My 2 cents

I have bought planes that I hated and never used...... Oh well

I have downloaded ,installed, and tossed perhaps 150 -200 freeware planes over the years that I did not care for...

I boil it all down to just hunting for something better...

The same as I / we all do with our hardware.....LOL

As Gramps said.......Its our sim,our fun, our oppinions...Please lets just go flying and enjoy it .....

SirBenn21
February 10th, 2009, 00:23
Hi

How do I fix this?

It looks the same when I'm flying.

:help:

Thanks

Ben

MCDesigns
February 10th, 2009, 04:55
Ben, are you in DX10 mode?

audixaudix
February 10th, 2009, 07:06
Hi

How do I fix this?

It looks the same when I'm flying.

:help:

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben

I don't know if you have changed anything during the install, or if you have moved anythiung around afterwards but what you have there is a perfect model with no textures.

As far as I know, the model works in both DX9 and DX10 modes so it is unlikely that this is just a graphic card "mode" problem.

This looks more like a case of the textures cannot be found and therefore are not being mapped onto the model

If you have the Yellow Rose and the freeware version and have tried to combine the two into one folder without making the proper sub folders and modifications to the aircraft.cfg file, you could also get the results you are having.

The aircraft model file looks for textures with hard coded names in specific locations and if the correct textures are not found where it looks, it will produce the results you are seeing.

Hope this helps

Steve

MikeH
February 10th, 2009, 14:36
Well, iv'e had a few flights in the RCS B-25 and have to say that it's one of the most enjoyable plane's that i have flown in FSX.

I think that the VC looks great. OK so it's not 100% clickable but looks right & that for me is more important.

In fact the whole plane looks and feels right and the icing on the cake is the sound. Crank up the volume & those throbbing Wright R-2600's makes the experience very immersive.

Many of the payware models i own are not half as good as this baby. Thankyou once again to the RCS team for all your time and effort.

Mike

vstudios
February 12th, 2009, 08:30
Very nice, as a prop lover I cant miss the opportunity of taking her up for a ride :D

audixaudix
February 13th, 2009, 14:34
Just to let everyone know that service pack 1 is available for the B25. It gives improved flight dynamics, extra FX and new camera definitions.

http://www.wbas.org/fs2009/rcsb25fsxsp1.zip

Steve

MikeH
February 17th, 2009, 10:32
Steve,

Many thanks for the Sp1 patch for the B-25. It's made a great model even greater.

Mike

huub vink
February 17th, 2009, 12:20
Wow the model is already great, but the "After download" service is even better! Thanks Steve!

Huub

Roger
February 17th, 2009, 14:09
You managed to get a pulse on an FsX exhaust flame fx! Well done...this is a first:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/B-25-update.jpg

wilycoyote4
February 17th, 2009, 14:34
You managed to get a pulse on an FsX exhaust flame fx! Well done...this is a first:ernae:
Outstanding screeny, wish mine looked so good, thanks, :applause: flys great and the new views are good. :ernae:

audixaudix
February 17th, 2009, 18:05
<style></style>Thanks for the feedback guys :-)

I am just busy finishing off a music project ... should be done this week and then I will be getting around to doing some repaints.

I will not do repaints of serviceable or static museum aircraft without obtaining written permission from the owners/custodians. Apart from any possible copyright issues, they might want to bring out their own FS payware version at some stage to raise funds, like MAAM or the CAF(Yellow Rose) have done.

So, for now, until I can get in touch with the owners of Panchito and Heavenly Body, I am going to do the Dutch "RAF" version and a basic USAF/USAAF color scheme.

If there is a particular USA color scheme and/or particular noseart that people would like, please shout and provide pic/links. There were a number

For those of you that use FS in multiplayer mode, the idea behind the "mini paintkit" was to enable you to generate a number of different "tail numbers" and noseart for any given paint scheme so that a virtual squadron could be assembled with "different" aircraft. Is there anyone interested in something like this? If not, I will give it a miss :-)

Steve

gary42127
March 10th, 2009, 00:01
Anyone else having problems starting the engines?

I've used the checklist to shut down the engines, but when I try to refire them, they crank but never fire. Then after a few minutes of this, the battery goes dead.

As far as I can tell, I'm following the checklist.

Any tricks to getting the engines to start?

pfflyers
March 14th, 2009, 13:40
Is there any update on repaints for this fine bird?:bump:

audixaudix
August 10th, 2009, 07:33
Is there any update on repaints for this fine bird?:bump:

Sorry for the lenghty silence. Unfortunately my ex wife was diagnosed with leaukaemia and I have not been doing any FS work since.

I will however hopefully be able to finish things off in the not too distant future. All updates and news will be posted on the RCS site.

Regards
Steve

LTCSZ
August 10th, 2009, 07:48
Thanks and best of luck to you...

Steve in Kansas

jim
August 10th, 2009, 13:30
Other than the sound; It's cockpit & gauges are identical to the MAAMSIM
B25J reworked for FSX. Kinda makes ya wonder????????:pop4:

thunder100
August 10th, 2009, 23:17
Anyone else having problems starting the engines?

I've used the checklist to shut down the engines, but when I try to refire them, they crank but never fire. Then after a few minutes of this, the battery goes dead.

As far as I can tell, I'm following the checklist.

Any tricks to getting the engines to start?

FSX is a bit(not only a bit) odd.So Starting of engines in General needs a higher starter torque(apart the turboprops which are an n ightmare by themselves to start).

So if you have fuel,the correct engine settings etc and still doesnt fire-->

go to the aircraft cfg look for the engine section and gradually increase the starter torque

[piston_engine]
power_scalar=1.0
cylinder_displacement=185.930
compression_ratio=6.850
number_of_cylinders=14
max_rated_rpm=2600.000
max_rated_hp=1700.000
fuel_metering_type=1
cooling_type=0
normalized_starter_torque=0.035-->0.095 e.g

Till it starts

Side effect the startupsequence rotating the non fired Prop will be shorter up to completely dissapear(but do you want to fly or watch props?)

Best regards

Roland Berger

Connie/Starliner team

OleBoy
December 26th, 2010, 10:14
Sorry to revive a topic with such a degree of debate. As I trudged through all the pages, the fact that this is such an old topic led me to read on in hopes of a screen shot. Not a one to be seen, but the more I read the good in this, the more I read on with hopes to see it. I got from reading everything that the RCB B-25 is compatible with fs2004, and FSX. The links were still alive to the aircraft, and the service pack1. So, off I go to see if this treasure works as Roger states. I'm in good hopes and have my fingers crossed. It sounds like a fantastic piece of work. And free

I want to thank Steve and the others for all their time that was put into this. It sounds like it's a real beauty.

Sincerely, Thanks to all involved in your efforts to make freeware.

Happy Holidays

Edit; I guess I misinterpreted what I read. I could swear (but won't) that this worked in FS2004. In hopes that Roger will reply to my dismay, hopefully he will help me out on instruction to get this to work. (shrug)

kilo delta
December 26th, 2010, 10:38
Sorry to revive a topic with such a degree of debate. As I trudged through all the pages, the fact that this is such an old topic led me to read on in hopes of a screen shot. Not a one to be seen, but the more I read the good in this, the more I read on with hopes to see it. I got from reading everything that the RCB B-25 is compatible with fs2004, and FSX. The links were still alive to the aircraft, and the service pack1. So, off I go to see if this treasure works as Roger states. I'm in good hopes and have my fingers crossed. It sounds like a fantastic piece of work. And free

I want to thank Steve and the others for all their time that was put into this. It sounds like it's a real beauty.

Sincerely, Thanks to all involved in your efforts to make freeware.

Happy Holidays

Edit; I guess I misinterpreted what I read. I could swear (but won't) that this worked in FS2004. In hopes that Roger will reply to my dismay, hopefully he will help me out on instruction to get this to work. (shrug)

I'm not near my sim pc at the moment, but I'm almost certain that this a/c was a native FSX model and therefore cannot work under FS9.

OleBoy
December 26th, 2010, 11:30
I'm not near my sim pc at the moment, but I'm almost certain that this a/c was a native FSX model and therefore cannot work under FS9.

No sir. This model does indeed work in FS9. After installing to a temp folder (and doing the opposite that the read-me states by manually installing) it works fairly well. Considering everything mentioned throughout the topic, there are a few issues but, the 2D/VC and exterior look great!! Which makes me wonder if this was ever updated any further than it is. :ernae:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6137/coolym.th.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/coolym.jpg/)

modelr
December 26th, 2010, 11:55
If you are just going to use it in FS9, I don't understand why you didn't just get the FS9 version, available here

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Roy+Chaffin&categoryId=31

kilo delta
December 26th, 2010, 12:09
No sir. This model does indeed work in FS9. After installing to a temp folder (and doing the opposite that the read-me states by manually installing) it works fairly well. Considering everything mentioned throughout the topic, there are a few issues but, the 2D/VC and exterior look great!! Which makes me wonder if this was ever updated any further than it is. :ernae:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6137/coolym.th.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/coolym.jpg/)

Ok,Oleboy...sorry about the misinformation. As I said..I'm not at my sim pc so couldn't check.:ernae:

XLR8
December 26th, 2010, 13:11
Need some help with this great plane. Went to load it via the installer. But the installer put it in program files, a new folder for FSX instead of x86progam files/FSX. I'm running window 7 64. So I manualy installed the aircraft.Now I have a problem. The first time I ran FSX the plane showed but no gauges. So I exstracted the contents of the gauges folder into FSX gauges. So I restart FSX and get the B25 from menu. I get that gauge verification stuff. Went through that and got the plane and gauges to work fine. But after the start up and about 5 min. the panel gos black and gauges are gone. Any ideas?

OleBoy
December 26th, 2010, 13:48
Best I can advise is follow the read-me to the letter. Which does state not to install it manually. In your case, Windows 7?. My case of 32bitXP I directed it to the FSX folder and after install ran the .bat file in the gauges folder. Once done the loading took a while and black screen was there. Wait longer. Should work. But the read-me states to not move anything of where it is put or things don't work as intended. I suggest installing it to a temp folder for reference and then cross compare to remove all files from FSX folders. Re-install after right-click of installer and choose install as admin. Should work OK but, I don't have W7 or Vista to confirm the path. Hopefully someone else that does has a better approach.

Good Luck

XLR8
December 26th, 2010, 14:56
I tried to reinstall using the installer. Loaded up FSX and the plane. Did the same thing. So I did as one of the post said and used the 2D panel. Screen went black for about 25 sec. then FSX crashed.

OleBoy
December 26th, 2010, 15:33
I'll try to help as much as I can. What operating system do you use?. I had no trouble at all with it aside from the loading of the gauges and panel taking a while. After that it all worked fairly good. You did click the TG-FSX-RAF.bat file that resides in the Gauge registration folder did you? That's what I did. Even though I had to OK them all after selecting the plane.

modelr
December 26th, 2010, 16:36
The panel and gauges are the copyright protection for this aircraft package. It will work, if instructions are obeyed to the letter. Any deviation/omission and it won't work. If things are chsnged, it won't work.

The readme also says NOT to load the B-25 as first aircraft, but to load another one that has a working 2D panel first. It also says that the dark panel is normal, and that the guages are loading, which takes a couple minutes. So that means you have to activate the 2D in your configuration settings.

XLR8
December 26th, 2010, 17:00
Ok . Got it. Had to manually put the path in the installer to find the right folder.

wichner
February 4th, 2011, 15:46
does anyone have a problem with the green canopy glass? mine has 'wiggles' and it is annoying.
this model is great and i was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and maybe was able to correct it. thank you much!

dharris
February 5th, 2011, 06:48
I have had no problems with this at all, win 7 64 bit. I also use his Yellow Rose B-25 and both work fantastic on my system. Roy's work is really outstanding and the price can not be beat. Check out his website to see some of his paintings as well, he quite the artist.

trucker17
May 19th, 2012, 07:23
It real nice to have such a great quality version of the B-25 Mitchell.....
Its an aircraft i have wanted for a long time, both of my grandfathers( On moms side and on dads side) flew the mitchells in WWII, my dads father flew them in Africa, and my moms dad flew them in the Pacific Theater....
Would love to see a version of Tail Breeze....Sad no remakes can be done....
Being an american i would love a good quality FSX version of the B-25 in U.S.A. paint, espically for both of these theaters.....
I know that Vertigo Studios is making a FSX Native B-25 Mitchell....I will just have to waite for their version for an American paint.

roger-wilco-66
May 19th, 2012, 10:03
Christ, what a re-surrection of a post! I thought there would be a new one!!

Cheers,
Mark

Naismith
August 19th, 2012, 21:48
New version out now

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html

Pips
August 19th, 2012, 21:59
Fantastic! Off to grab it!

AussieMan
August 19th, 2012, 22:09
Even one there for thr 64 bit systems.

jeansy
August 19th, 2012, 23:44
very interesting read

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/13409-any-raaf-repaints-for-the-rcs-b-25-for-fsx/page__pid__120266#entry120266

read the last few posts