PDA

View Full Version : Batch Edit Materials in MCX?

Mach3DS
January 6th, 2016, 05:28
I need some help. My question is this...i have 2 variations of a model...meaning the models are the same as far as texture maps go...but the material settings are not and some of the animations etc have changed in the later iteration. I would like to have the settings from the first and apply them to the second because they were all correct in the original. Is that possible to do as a batch process in MCX? YES, i have permission from the author/owner. In case anyone was concerned ;)

DaveWG
January 6th, 2016, 06:09
I don't think you can batch edit materials, (could be wrong though), but you can save a material from one model as a template which can then be applied to any other model / material.

roger-wilco-66
January 6th, 2016, 06:23
One measure, which I use frequently, is to build a material template with all the necessary parameter entries and apply this further on (just like the default profiles for transparent or opaque materials).
In your case, it would be nice to be able to save a certain given material setting as template, but I'm not sure this is possible.

HTH!
Mark

Mach3DS
January 6th, 2016, 15:29
Thanks gents! Looks like im stuck doing it the old fashioned way! No problem...it's now done and it actually only took me about 10 mins. Thanks for the help.