scruff
February 2nd, 2009, 01:33
how do i join?

Togo
February 2nd, 2009, 11:23
You put in an job application to Microsoft and wait, and wait, and wait, ----

Bulldog
February 2nd, 2009, 14:42
Might want to reconsider sending that application, I just read today this from the MS Flight Simulator website:

About the Aces Team
By now, many of you have heard that Microsoft has closed Aces Studio, the publisher of Microsoft Flight Simulator. This was not a reflection of the quality of the products Aces has developed, the sales performance of the games, or the quality of the team at Aces. This difficult decision was made to align Microsoft’s resources with our strategic priorities. Microsoft Flight Simulator X will remain available at retail stores and web retailers, the Flight Sim community will continue to learn from and encourage one another, and we remain committed to the Flight Simulator franchise for the long term.

Microsoft Game Studios is investing significant resources in many exciting and new areas of gaming and entertainment, including Windows games. We believe these future investments will push innovation, community, and collaboration to unprecedented levels and will provide more synergy with our ongoing investments in Games for Windows - LIVE as well as other Windows entertainment technologies. We have nothing specific to announce at this time, but stay tuned for more information.

We are humbled and proud of the passion and support that the Flight Simulator franchise has developed over its more than twenty-five year history. This includes you, the large community of flight simmers, as well as the vibrant third-party ecosystem that has developed around the game. We will continue to produce, sell, and support the latest version of Flight Simulator as we plan for future versions of the franchise. Thank you for your understanding of our decision and for your continued support!

Link
http://www.fsinsider.com/news/Pages/AMessageFromAces.aspx

Tango_Romeo
February 2nd, 2009, 15:21
...they did announce the termination of 35,000 employees this calendar year...yes, 35,000 all from M$. :bump:

Devildog73
February 2nd, 2009, 17:51
Yeah, I don't know about everyone else, but I am really hoping that some enterprising computer geeks decide to take something like CFS2 to the next level as a new CFS, NOT under M$.

The copyright has to be up on the code of CFS2 by now. I know M$ is never going to share the code, but there has to be some really excellent binary computer guys out there that understand it. CFS2 is OLD code. There are hackers attacking everything M$ on the web today and have been for years.

Just from the stuff the guys on the various sim sites do, I have to believe they are out there.