PDA

View Full Version : Two little gems

dhasdell
December 26th, 2015, 03:03
Dave Molyneux's Blackburn B-2 G-AEBJ, which has a very good reflective finish, and Keith Paine's Civilian Coupé G-ABNT "Bunty". Both work perfectly in FSX.

molyned
December 26th, 2015, 06:12
Thanks for the 'plug' glad you like it .:encouragement:
Cheers :icon29: and ATB for the new year.
Dave M(oly)
BTW - Keith & I met up at Old Warden to say ' Hi' earlier this year.

dhasdell
December 26th, 2015, 06:30
Old Warden was where I took those shots! I haven't been there for years in real life.

Yes, I do like the B-2. Thank you.

Happy New Year to you too.

Dev One
December 26th, 2015, 07:07
David (H),
Thank you glad you enjoy her, but can you fold her wings in FSX, 'cos I cannot, but I can Dave M's!
Keith

dhasdell
December 26th, 2015, 07:15
No Keith - it's the same for me.

David

Dev One
December 26th, 2015, 07:48
I think I've got too many other moving bits for it to work in FSX, same problem with my Proctors.....
Keith

molyned
December 26th, 2015, 11:55
Hi Gents - don't like to upset you but ...
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/molyned/Bunty-fsx_zpslerdnnae.jpg
Folding wings in FSX ? not a problem here using the correct key strokes. Cntrl f9 is the setting in my sim.
I've also been using this in FSX with my Fairey Fulmar which has a lot more animations, so don't get side-tracked there Keith.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

dhasdell
December 26th, 2015, 11:55
Not to worry - wing-folding only really matters on flight decks!

A memory from Old Warden: the first time I went, after the Pup flew, there was a call over the tannoy asking if there were any former Pup pilots present, and a couple came out from the crowd and had a close look at the aircraft.

Dev One
December 26th, 2015, 23:08
Hmmmmmm Dave M - I wonder whats different in my FSX set up, because as I said I can fold your B2 wings in FSX & using the same command of course I cannot fold Bunty's!
Keith

EDIT
Now here's a howdey do....I am at the moment trying to get the FSX SDK to show the gmax gamepack, which it won't. Anyway my tower now has only FSX vanilla installed & have just tried the wingfold, & it works for both Bunty & a Proctor, but my laptop has FSX + Acceleration & wingfold will not work on Bunty or a Proctor, but will on the B2. Any ideas folks?
K

dhasdell
December 27th, 2015, 01:43
Mine is the same: shift+w works for the B-2, but not for Bunty.

molyned
December 27th, 2015, 04:22
Ah, sweet mystery of life ! :untroubled: Here we go again Keith. It's not the first time we've come across odd setup differences between iinstallations , is it ?
BTW for the record I'm using FSX Gold edition with SP1 & 2 installed, but not acceleration.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

dhasdell
December 27th, 2015, 05:40
I'm running Gold with Acceleration. Sounds like that might be it.