PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Fires

O-1Driver
October 7th, 2008, 07:48
So as not to hijack Squiff's thread on contrails I thought I would show you the new fx_cockpit_fire that Rene and I are working on. The effect will be placed in the cockpit area and appear at a relatively high damage point.

The Spitfires and Hurricanes had a high incidence of pilots being severely injured from fires in the cockpit after fuel was ignited in the forward fuselage fuel tank.

We are hoping to make the smoke and fire visible to the player pilot while in cockpit view but so far no joy.

PS: The weather you see in the screenshots is also new and is med ground fog England only clearing over the channel.

O-1

lightningbolt
October 7th, 2008, 09:42
OUCH!!! Who's got the burn cream!

You guys rock!

Boy do I need to get me a TrackIr 4!

Looks great! (as everything you do does)

ronnybengt
October 7th, 2008, 09:57
Warning!! Fire may burn u.....Track ir will increase probability for sustained injuries..

R

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
October 7th, 2008, 10:04
As always, outstanding work guys. just anothing thing left out that you guys are finding and putting in. nice one.

Dave

Squiffy
October 7th, 2008, 11:22
wicked hot effects. there's a lot to be said for open source. good job.

:medals:

gaw
October 7th, 2008, 14:38
this is great....always been one of the tiny, and diminishing thanks to all you guys, disconnects in the sim is a flaming engine but no cockpit drama.....Huge step!!! Go, Go, Go!!!

pachi
October 7th, 2008, 18:03
simply awesome:applause::applause::applause:

ndicki
October 8th, 2008, 03:20
That is clever! Well done! Anybody for the Guinea Pig Club?

Capt. Winters
October 8th, 2008, 06:51
That is clever! Well done! Anybody for the Guinea Pig Club?

Hi Nigel,

No thank you, I dont want to be a member of the Guinea Pig club. the Goldfish Club maybe, or possibly even the catarpiller club, but not the Guinea Pig club.

regards Rob.

ndicki
October 8th, 2008, 11:53
On second thoughts... Quite right, Rob.

Has anybody read "The Last Enemy"? Well worth it.

(There's a winged boot on the back of the lapel of my RAF service dress. Just out of interest!)

Daiwilletti
October 8th, 2008, 13:59
OUCH!!! Who's got the burn cream!
(as everything you do does)

I can only second this sentiment!! :applause:

Thanks O-1 and Rene for increasing the intensity...

It does give me pause, though, to contemplate the horror of a burning 'pit....