PDA

View Full Version : FR North Star - Argonaut BOAC WIP

mike_cyul
December 18th, 2015, 07:10
Just a few more pics of the North Star in its B.O.A.C. Argonaut guise. Different props, seating and window configurations compared the the Canadian Air Lines versions, plus some layout differences in the VC. Coming along!

Mike

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/North%20Star/2015-12-18_10-27-25-903%20copy_zpscp2otca6.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/North%20Star/2015-12-18_10-33-30-208%20copy_zps1yfkbagx.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/North%20Star/2015-12-18_10-32-47-414%20copy_zpsngprtnaz.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/North%20Star/2015-12-18_11-2-1-73%20copy_zpsilmblubg.jpg

mgchrist5
December 18th, 2015, 08:32
Looking great, Mike! I'll definitely be in line for this when released. Should be an ideal candidate for some long noisy flights around the Canadian countryside.

bpfowler
December 18th, 2015, 13:58
A lovely ship. Great modelling!

Javis
December 18th, 2015, 21:04
Sharp and beautiful, Mike ! Can't wait !! :applause::encouragement::applause:

txnetcop
December 19th, 2015, 03:59
Awesome MIKE!!! That definitely looks like a real winner! Still flying your P-40 and your Cub all over the place
Ted

Aharon
December 19th, 2015, 06:21
Looking forward to it in Trans Canada livery! Good luck to your project. Your name looks familiar to me. Have I seen you on CB Classics or CalClassics forums?

mike_cyul
December 19th, 2015, 09:14
Thanks, everybody. :) Aharon, yes, there are a couple of threads about the Heron (and now a small one about the Argonaut) over on the Classic British Flight Sim forums, if those are the one's you're referring to. Otherwise, I've been simming since 2000, so undoubtedly the name will show up here and there!

Mike

tjsdn1375
January 2nd, 2016, 05:34
Thanks, everybody. :) Aharon, yes, there are a couple of threads about the Heron (and now a small one about the Argonaut) over on the Classic British Flight Sim forums, if those are the one's you're referring to. Otherwise, I've been simming since 2000, so undoubtedly the name will show up here and there!

Mike

Hello MIKE_CYUL, Flight Replicas Good Aircraft Transall C-160 Please make a new payware project??? new project payware PLEASE for FSX SP2:Acc/P3Dv3/FSX:SE !!!!!!

JensOle
January 2nd, 2016, 06:08
Looking good! You cant go wrong with an aircraft with 4 Merlins :-) I do not do much flying in propliners (or jetliners..), but just because of the model and the stunning B.O.A.C. scheme I might be getting this one :-)

tjsdn1375
January 4th, 2016, 03:58
There Mike_Cyul, Flight Replicas Scottish Aviation Bulldog Piper PA-31 Chieftain Project Canacelled?

Tjsdn

mike_cyul
January 4th, 2016, 06:25
There Mike_Cyul, Flight Replicas Scottish Aviation Bulldog Piper PA-31 Chieftain Project Canacelled?

Tjsdn

No, not cancelled at all - it just takes time to do everything. It can take a year to do an aircraft, and although some projects run concurrently, there are no short cuts. The North Star is very close to complete, the De Havilland/Hawker Dominie isn't that far behind. Once they are out, then it's full throttle the Bulldog (all the data and drawings are ready) and other projects.

And thanks, Jens-Ole. :)

Mike

tjsdn1375
January 4th, 2016, 06:41
No, not cancelled at all - it just takes time to do everything. It can take a year to do an aircraft, and although some projects run concurrently, there are no short cuts. The North Star is very close to complete, the De Havilland/Hawker Dominie isn't that far behind. Once they are out, then it's full throttle the Bulldog (all the data and drawings are ready) and other projects.

And thanks, Jens-Ole. :)

Mike

OK!!!! Saab 2000 How is it? Mike_Cyul You Please make this Project for Saab 2000 Make A Request!!!!

https://img.planespotters.net/photo/347000/original/hb-izg-darwin-airline-saab-2000_PlanespottersNet_347391.jpg

Tjsdn

DaveB
January 4th, 2016, 07:13
I'm all for enthusiasm Tjsdn but do you really have to ask for new models on each thread you join?? There's a great PM system here where your requests could be made without taking every thread off topic!!

ATB
DaveB:)

tjsdn1375
January 4th, 2016, 07:33
I'm all for enthusiasm Tjsdn but do you really have to ask for new models on each thread you join?? There's a great PM system here where your requests could be made without taking every thread off topic!!

ATB

Hey, why are you doing this to me you?

Tjsdn

tjsdn1375
January 4th, 2016, 07:52

ATB

DaveB, Stop talking to me!

Tjsdn

DaveB
January 4th, 2016, 07:56
What the..:dizzy:

ATB

tjsdn1375
January 4th, 2016, 08:16

ATB

That's what? do you ask me? ... ??

ce_zeta
January 4th, 2016, 08:31
hilarious. :wavey:
He wanna a ban.

Roger
February 20th, 2016, 13:33
I knew I had seen this aircraft before and it's just come to me today. Back in 1967 I was 15 and I lived just a few miles from Stockport UK. On Sunday 4 June 1967 my friends and I heard there had been a crash close to Stockport town centre, so we got on our bikes and headed over there. I quote from Wikipedia:
"Investigators with the Accidents Investigation Branch (AIB) determined that the aircraft had run out of fuel because of a previously unrecognised flaw in the model's fuel system. The Argonaut has eight fuel tanks connected in pairs by selector valves. Each pair of tanks feeds one engine, but there is also a cross-feed system whereby fuel from any pair of tanks can be routed through the system if necessary. It was found that if the selector valves in the cross-feed system were a few degrees off the normal "off" setting, fuel could inadvertently bleed through the valves. This could make one pair of tanks empty completely in flight, and the engine fed by the empty tanks would stop. The selectors were designed to "click" when they were set correctly, but the click could not be heard unless the pilot leaned forward in his seat, an impossibility, as Argonaut pilots had to wear snug shoulder harnesses during flight. This tendency had been noticed by pilots of other Argonauts before, but neither British Midland nor the other airlines using the Argonaut (Trans-Canada Airlines and Canadian Pacific Airlines) had reported it to the manufacturer or to British Midland. Without this information, the AIB believed that it would have been extremely difficult for the pilots of G-ALHG to determine the exact nature of the emergency.
A fuel problem had been noted on the aircraft five days earlier, this only came to light 4 months after the crash. A third contributory factor was tiredness: the Captain had been on duty for nearly 13 hours. This was within legal and operational limits but the inquiry noted that he had made several errors in repeating ATC messages."

I am still very much looking forward to the release of Mike's Argonaut but it now has some history for me way back in the 60's.

manfredc3
February 20th, 2016, 18:50
Great looking bird. Looking forward to take it to the sky.

jeansy
February 20th, 2016, 19:35

ATB

I agree Dave, knock it off, how dare you keep a topic on topic and educating a repetitive requester in the polite and courtesy manner of requesting instead of spamming a thread........

Mike looking great as usual, another customer waiting here

Dave Torkington
February 20th, 2016, 23:32
I knew I had seen this aircraft before and it's just come to me today. Back in 1967 I was 15 and I lived just a few miles from Stockport UK. On Sunday 4 June 1967 my friends and I heard there had been a crash close to Stockport town centre, so we got on our bikes and headed over there.

I am still very much looking forward to the release of Mike's Argonaut but it now has some history for me way back in the 60's.

My family lived in Edgeley, Stockport right under the flightpath of Manchester Ringway and like you Roger we heard of the air crash. My Father took me down to the spot at Hopes Carr and although I was only six at the time I do recall the great sadness from the fact that many had lost their lives - so tragic.

However, it was thought that the pilot [who survived the crash] may have deliberately tried to put the aircraft down in an area of "small open space" which is surrounded by a built up town centre [although this could not be confirmed].

I think this release is a fine tribute not only to the aircraft type but to those lost in the disaster.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35268&stc=1

Roger
April 30th, 2016, 12:58
No news for a while but any progress Mike?