PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using Instant Scenery on FSX Steam

donnybalonny
December 15th, 2015, 23:22
As the title says:
Is anyone using Instant Scenery on FSX Steam.

I know there´s a demo and I have downloaded it but not installed. I would just like to know if it works correctly before using time and energy on a new program with manual reading etc.

And finally, in these sales times, Does Flight1 have sales sometimes?

henrystreet
December 16th, 2015, 05:08
I am using it in FSX-SE. Downloaded the latest version about 3 months ago.

Because of the way FSX-SE gets updated and Flight1 is generally slower to release updates, I get a popup each startup of FSX-SE warning about compatibility that requires hitting "Run Once" button each time. No biggie for me.

I do all my scenery dev and initial testing in FSX-SE as of right now.

donnybalonny
December 16th, 2015, 11:35
Thanks a lot for your answer. Thats what i wanted to hear. I had searched the net and I was a bit confused, but what you describe sounds fair enough for me and I believe I can live with it as well,
So i will install the demo, and do some reading. I have promised myself to finish my Denmark Photoreal project before "playing" with more scenery.

gman5250
December 16th, 2015, 19:26
I'm using IS with no problems in FSX ST. Very stable with no issues that I can see.

Tip:
When using IS be sure to set your water sliders to the lowest setting. This will make sure your work scene is stable with no shaking or display anomalies.

donnybalonny
December 16th, 2015, 23:57
Thanks for the tip.
I installed the IS3 demo and had one issue.. A pretty serious one actually if you are not used to fiddling with fsx files.
I dont have FSX Box, so I dont have a FSX-SE folder in the x/x/roaming/microsoft path. IS3 insisted on creating a FSX-SE folder and made a XML file there (all alone) I copied what had been written and pasted to the roaming/microsoft/fsx/xml file and now everything works well.
Not to intelligent IMHO.

Besides that, it looks like everything is working the way its supposed to do and I´m looking forward to making small improvements on airfields.
I fly mainly photoscenery in Europe and most airfields look very lonesome, A few trees and a hut makes an enormous change..

gman5250
December 17th, 2015, 15:37
I've had some installation anomalies too. IS defaults to FSX ST, so I switched my editing to ST, then transfer the edited .bgl files to P3Dv3. Once IS updates for v3 I can edit directly in P3D.

All of the updates from P3D are making it extremely laborious for the developers.

Bottom line is that I have something that I can work with...that's all that counts, even if the work around is tedious.

Meshman
December 17th, 2015, 17:23
Once IS updates for v3 I can edit directly in P3D.

It's been released, as per the F1 forums. Update or reinstall versions.

gman5250
December 17th, 2015, 17:57
It's been released, as per the F1 forums. Update or reinstall versions.

Awesome Meshman.

Downloaded and installed in P3Dv3...no issues. Thanks for the HU sir. :very_drunk:

donnybalonny
December 17th, 2015, 23:44
The demo I downloaded is P3Dv3 ready as well.

I send a ticket to Flight1 asking if IS3 worked in FSX steam. The answer was no, but that it would be taken care of very soon. The demo I installed in FSX Steam works fine as far as I´ve seen untill now and I will buy the programm after having done a bit more testing.

I like P3D, its a good sim, but I´m VERY tired of the constant updates. P3D is taking way to much attention away from flightsimming in general. The devellopers have to dedicate to much time on all these updates and so P3D slows down everything.
My personal opinion is that Lockheed Martin should finish their products better before releasing and make 1 update a year. That would be great and would leave everyone to work on what they have in hands. So get your acts together guys.:bee: