PDA

View Full Version : ok we got snow..

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 13:34
who's up for some plastic bagging through some hedges :friday:

Don't forget the over sized socks for your hands and your uncles crash helmet :$

Better still a roof off of a mini 850cc

Oh boy they was fine days, fine days I say..

Nick C
February 1st, 2009, 13:40
Once I get my knees fixed...and my bad back, I'm right up for re-capturing my youth...ooo I think I just sprained my wrist typing this.

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 13:43
Once I get my knees fixed...and my bad back, I'm right up for re-capturing my youth...ooo I think I just sprained my wrist typing this.

Nick.. keep your slippers on and watch through the window :wave:

Nick C
February 1st, 2009, 13:49
Good plan Dean. Now where did I put my pipe?

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 13:54
surely, we cant be the only ones to have experienced 'plastic bagging'

kilo delta
February 1st, 2009, 14:02
.........nah, what you need is the bonnet of a Mini :friday:

Lewis-A2A
February 1st, 2009, 14:11
This white crap is crap.

It better had cleared up by tomorrow or am gonna kick mother natures arse! :friday:

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 14:14
it brings out ones youth :woot:

Nick C
February 1st, 2009, 14:17
.........nah, what you need is the bonnet of a Mini :friday:

If you'd taken the bonnet off my old Mini, I'd have shot you :amen:

kilo delta
February 1st, 2009, 14:30
:faint:

Don't worry Nick..I'd my own! ........still have it actually, though it's still connected to the complete car :)

Bjoern
February 1st, 2009, 14:32
I *hate* snow, it's only bearable when I got a sled under my butt.

Bruce Thompson
February 1st, 2009, 14:45
Used to slide down the hill on an old enamel gas cooker side.

It was fast, but you tore your arse off on the edge when it stopped.

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 15:03
ahhhh thats better, the gold ole days are pouring in now :bump:

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 15:13
Used to slide down the hill on an old enamel gas cooker side.

It was fast, but you tore your arse off on the edge when it stopped.

Bruce, thats gonna hurt some..

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 15:17
Disclaimer:

Within this thread none of the authors take responsibility of any injury caused by boyish re-enactments

End Disclaimer

Bruce Thompson
February 1st, 2009, 15:24
I think i've still got the scares, but can't get round far enough to see e'm anymore. I think i'll go out and try it again :jump: .
Boy's will be Boy's and Lifes for having fun.:isadizzy: Now where's that cooker side panel gone i wonder, are well there's one in the Kitchen.

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 15:29
lol Bruce, thanks for sharing your past experiences. I'm sure they all bring a smile back to our faces.:wiggle:

Bruce Thompson
February 1st, 2009, 15:35
We have a great hill here for sledging, a good long run steep and fast.
My Grand Children are too scared to go down it because there is a Tennis court at the bottom.

I think I told e'm if you went too fast and didn't stop, you would end up on the court like Chips.

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 15:40
We have a great hill here for sledging, a good long run steep and fast.
My Grand Children are too scared to go down it because there is a Tennis court at the bottom.

I think I told e'm if you went too fast and didn't stop, you would end up on the court like Chips.

Hahaha Nice:applause:

bkeske
February 1st, 2009, 15:51
You guys want snow? I would be glad to send you some of the 55+ inches we have received in Cleveland, Ohio...just in January alone. Arrrgh....glad I purchased that Husky snow blower before the fall set in, or else this 51 year old body would have went :faint:

....BTW...as a Mini fan, I find that little tid-bit quite amusing. Long ago, I watched Brian Redman and David Hobbs go at each other in dueling Mini's at Mid-Ohio during a vintage race. Quite excellent. :woot:

Using the bonnet as a sled is a new one for me.

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 15:53
The roofs better, if its cut off correctly.. you have four handles then :wiggle:

GT182
February 1st, 2009, 15:59
Our snow left us today here in DE. Hight of 52*s today, and it sure felt nice once you got out of the wind. Looks like Monday night a big storm will hit off the east cast. Slifght chance we'll see heavy snows here. If we get the heavy stuff, maybe I can used the 50" snowblower for the first time in 4 years. :d

Back in my college days we used the food trays out of the cafeteria to slide down the hills. The brave idiots used them to stand on and slide down the street on campus. Most did the " east coast wipe out" when they hit the bare spots on the street. :costumes:

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 16:08
that would have done it, you need to be scanning like a sniper and brace for impact :woot:

guzler
February 2nd, 2009, 00:14
Had fun taking my son to school this morning, switched the traction control off, boy that was fun ! OK, drifting turned into a 180 at one point, but all done safely of course.

My Mrs sister still has a Mini, the pair of them are mini mad. Closest thing to a go-kart

Nick C
February 2nd, 2009, 00:30
I nearly got wiped out this morning by a Mini. Note to self, don't take dog for walk on icy snow, on a narrow road that parents and pupils drive to school on!

kilo delta
February 2nd, 2009, 02:36
The Mini was my first "road legal" car. It was a '78 998cc model that I pulled the engine out of and fitted a 1275cc Cooper engine in it's place. Also fitted the obligitory set of 10" Minilite alloy wheels. Was great fun on the back roads....but the standard drum brakes all round made braking a "challenge"!:help::redface:

6297J
February 2nd, 2009, 02:57
Six inches in London and ALL bus services are cancelled. There is not one bus running today. And most of the tube services are disrupted.
Day off then :woot:

pernik
February 2nd, 2009, 03:17
All my London bound trains cancelled today, so "working" from home :woot:

Been to the local hill and thrown myself down it a couple of times, no Mini roof or bonnet just a tray from the local cafe.

cheezyflier
February 2nd, 2009, 05:29
growing up we used to sled at rockford park on my flexible flyer. it was the fastest in all of 40 acres! we also used to go to the hercules golf course hust off of 48 near hockessen, using cardboard boxes. i had a buddy who did that at the vfw club in browntown. he went under a car and cut his ear off on the tail pipe. we carried it home in a tissue and the docs put it back on him.

stiz
February 2nd, 2009, 05:35
we got snow here as well :d, but typical southeners, bit a snow and it all grinds to a halt :173go1:

and all this talk of minis makes me want one more and more .. someone got one laying around that they dont want anymore? :engel016:

dharris
February 2nd, 2009, 07:00
Summer's almost here in Michigan ...we can now see the deer moving around.
Yep, won't be long.
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73775&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1233582190 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73775&d=1233582190)
</FIELDSET>

hinch
February 2nd, 2009, 07:03
I think i've ruined my eyes! I had a good early stomp home through the fields with a huge grin on my face followed by a bit of snow skating until the heavy snow started to sting too much and now I have eye ache.

I love snow :woot:

vstudios
February 2nd, 2009, 07:13
Hahah nice

Summer's almost here in Michigan ...we can now see the deer moving around.
Yep, won't be long.
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73775&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1233582190 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73775&d=1233582190)
</FIELDSET>

Kowalski65
February 2nd, 2009, 07:38
A few flakes here is all we get-thats what being by the sea :(
So all of the cold but none of the fun-would rather be tucked up in the warm than stuck in work

And how on earth doe s the London Underground get shut down by snow-I can understand some of it being shut-the above ground suburban bits where I used to live, but a lot of it is, well, by definition.."underground"
Go figure!

6297J
February 2nd, 2009, 07:53
And how on earth does the London Underground get shut down by snow-I can understand some of it being shut-the above ground suburban bits where I used to live, but a lot of it is, well, by definition.."underground"
Go figure!

The problem (we are told) is that all but the Victoria line has it's start and end point above ground so the trains can't even get started. Mayor Boris Johnstone tells us that as this is a freak occurance there is no point in London buying snow ploughs to use once every twenty years or so and we'll all just have to put up with it for a day or two and walk to work if we can :running:

harleyman
February 2nd, 2009, 13:24
Haven't had snow here in North Carolina in like 10 years....

I like snow too...very much so...

I too used to use the school cafeteria food trays to go down on...they are fasttttttttttttttt......LOL:friday:

vstudios
February 2nd, 2009, 13:32
aye the good old memories..

The wife nipped out side so I couldnt resist trying to start a snow ball fight.. she declined :(

heywooood
February 2nd, 2009, 16:09
walking to Lakeview Park with our skates over our shoulders - playing for hours on the lake until our feet felt like they were made of wood...

trudgng back home and propping them in front of the fireplace until they started to tingle...and then hurt like unholy He11 ! for an hour as the blood slowly recirculated - swearing we would never stay out there that long again and then staying even longer the very next day.

Pond Hockey is a wonderful thing.

Sledding down the snow covered hills of the park was always fun - we used the long wooden sleighs with no runners - just an 8' long laminated wooden sled turned up at the end - we would all push like mad bobseldders and then pile on and go careering down a crazy hill with a maple tree about halfway down whose roots made a natural ski-jump for us...the trick of course was to get close enough to the tree to make use of the jump without actually striking the tree...hahahah

I smell pie and fireplaces and snow covered ice...

chinookmark
February 3rd, 2009, 11:12
Snow? What's that? It's been 70 degrees here (20 degrees C for you metric folks) for the last couple weeks.

dharris
February 3rd, 2009, 11:17
I wonder how much it would cost to export snow to Iraq??:friday::friday:

chinookmark
February 3rd, 2009, 11:43
Don't know ... but if you're going to spend the money, export beer instead. I think hell must have frozen over, because we got beer for the superbowl. We were allowed two, but a good Hooker always finds ways around a rule like that. ;)

Henry
February 3rd, 2009, 11:45
Snow?
been a while since i saw it
darn stuff, used to blow over in the ditches in the fens
and one minute you would be walking on the road
the next you would be up to your waist in water,

I see London is bad
ive only known that to happen one time when i lived there
the only way from Highgate to Muswell hill was to walk
It snowed here for about 30 min last week:gossip:
now its in the 70's
H

harleyman
February 3rd, 2009, 11:48
Its snowing like mad here for the first time this winter...:woot:

They say it won't stick..But its blowing .....:whistle:

kilo delta
February 3rd, 2009, 12:05
Don't know ... but if you're going to spend the money, export beer instead. I think hell must have frozen over, because we got beer for the superbowl. We were allowed two, but a good Hooker always finds ways around a rule like that. ;)

Beers n' hookers ........jeez!!!
Where do I sign up?:friday:
LOL
:)

war.ace
February 3rd, 2009, 12:51
what is plastic bagging?

harleyman
February 3rd, 2009, 14:14
what is plastic bagging?

Snow slidding on big plastic bags when you don't have a sled.....:woot: