PDA

View Full Version : Incoming: Miviz 'Advanced Series' - T-38A

mgchrist5
December 10th, 2015, 04:21
It looks like the MV T-38 is getting a soon-to-be-released upgrade. The external and internal model will apparently remain untouched, but there will be a lot of enchanced functionality and failure modeling. It's hard to see how they could improve the existing model, which is still my favorite Milviz creation...but sign me up!

http://milviz.com/flight/products/T38ADV/index.php

This release is based on our original, legacy version of the T-38A, which is still supported, regularly updated and remains available for purchase (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/T38A/index.php).Differences between the versions relate primarily to the external FDE, custom systems replication and failure damage modeling; this version provides a definitively more advanced, in-depth simulation. The two versions share interior and exterior models, as well as custom lighting and sounds.

ST0RM
December 10th, 2015, 05:33
Where's the Charlie-model?

Katoun
December 10th, 2015, 06:58
Hi,

Due the extreme complexity of this particular aircraft, we've been waiting till we find a coder who is capable of dealing with it.

We have found that coder but he is dealing with some other issues but will start, with luck, in the new year.

Thank you.

Kat

JimmyRFR
December 10th, 2015, 12:58
It's released. I highly recommend watching the YouTube video posted on the product page, as well as reading the available overview / manual that goes into more detail about the custom features.

Alan_A
December 10th, 2015, 20:03
Looks impressive. I'd flirted with the "base model" T-38 but hadn't gotten around to it. This might be enough to push me over. Premium priced, which I'm sure is deserved, but given that, I'll be looking for some community reaction before I jump in. You've got my attention, though.

davido53
December 10th, 2015, 21:00
this is one of the best military aircraft out there...little disappointed though that there is no upgrade option for original owners

glennc
December 10th, 2015, 21:21
I received an email from Milviz tonight. $45 off if I bought the original from Milviz. Nothing said about people that got it someplace else. I wouldn't be surprised to see something from the other vendors. The discount has a short fuse, something like three weeks from release.

Glenn

noddy
December 11th, 2015, 00:18
Luckily I have the original model and as already stated got this for $14.99, bargain.

E69_Brisafresca
December 11th, 2015, 02:23
Hi

I have Milviz T-38A, I bought in FlightSim.com from 2013, but I have not received any email with the discount. Does anyone understand that?

Thank you

Regards

Brisafresca

joe bob
December 11th, 2015, 02:29
I am in the same boat, I believe it is for those that purchased it from Milz directly.

Katoun
December 11th, 2015, 02:36
Hi,

For the next two weeks only, customers who purchased the T-38 directly from us, are recieving the rebate.

We are in discussions with our vendors to see if any rebates are possible for their customers but, at this time, no promises for that. If we do end up giving a rebate, it will not be as significant as that for those who bought directly from us.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 03:08
How does this work? Do you have to redownload the new model (with the new installer) then buy the advanced model or can you just buy the advanced model? Does it overwrite the original or will the original have to be uninstalled first?
EDIT: I have the original btw.. bought direct from Milviz
ATB
DaveB:)

Dimus
December 11th, 2015, 04:20
Dave, the original and the ADV are different plane entries and they can both be installed in the sim, without any of them needing the other to exist in order to function.

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 04:41
Rgr that Dimus.. VMT:encouragement:

ATB

Peg o my heart
December 11th, 2015, 04:52
Does the adv version use the dx11 opt lighting?

Katoun
December 11th, 2015, 05:23
Hi,

Yes, it does use the new tech that's in the F-4's, Sabre, and all of our new stuff.

As a side note, so does the update that will be sent out to all clients (everywhere, free of charge).

Thank you.

Kat.

dvj
December 11th, 2015, 06:58
Really worth watching their posted video tutorial on the advanced model. Well done Milviz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ywHS5whrhw

-d

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 07:01
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. Bought/downloaded/installed the ADV and surprisingly.. it opened with engines running. The 'options' mentioned.. are these specifically linked to the sim realism settings slider as I can see no way to turn individual options on or off? Oh.. and yes.. my AV was turned off during the download:biggrin-new:
The install options are not particularly clear either. It asks where you want to install to (I thought that would have been obvious) so I put E:\Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes and having seen no sign of it in the sim.. it had downloaded to E:\Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes\Simobjects\T-38A_ADV_Milviz:dizzy:

ATB

Katoun
December 11th, 2015, 07:10
Hi,

While it would be nice to be able to do so, we do not offer support of any kind here, or anywhere else that is not in our support forum for the product in question.

To that end, please go there.

If you do not have an account, you may contact roadburner440@milviz.com with your proof of purchase and he will get you in.

Thank you.

Kat.

Mach3DS
December 11th, 2015, 08:17
Was a pleasure to test this one folks. Throttle adjustments are ultra smooth. Gauges are alive so be vigilant. Temps and limitations now apply. So keep a keen eye out. Had the great opportunity to fly last night with one of our T38 pilots and his father who was a RL Hun driver. T38 is simply fantastic. Flew formation for 1.5 hrs practiced intercepts and joins and was a great time flying at the end with the
Hun in the lead. Burned up all the sky around Luke AFB.

dvj
December 11th, 2015, 09:04
Has the audible "loop" in the sound set been removed in the advanced update? I always get a repeating pulse sound in the standard version, especially annoying in external views.

- d

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 09:22
Was a pleasure to test this one folks.

Wish I could say the same about owning it:dizzy: Rarely do I crash on purpose but I've just buried this into the sea in frustration!
ATB
DaveB:(

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 09:56
Has the audible "loop" in the sound set been removed in the advanced update? I always get a repeating pulse sound in the standard version, especially annoying in external views.

- d

As far as I can tell.. no. Sound folders are slightly different in size and the loop sound may be slightly different but there's one there for sure and no less intrusive.
ATB

Alan_A
December 11th, 2015, 10:14
OK, so so far, a lot of very positive reaction, but also a couple of reservations about installation and sound (and maybe also discounts, but as a new buyer, I don't have a role in that discussion).

I hate to ask this kind of question - it must be annoying to the developers - but again, given the premium price (to repeat - likely deserved), I'm being a little cautious. So... was wondering how it compares to the Lotus Simulations L-39 and the Milviz F-86. The Lotussim Albatross is the payware jet trainer I've enjoyed most, and the F-86 is another package I've gotten a lot of pleasure out of. I realize the aircraft aren't strictly comparable - but would like to get a handle on what kind of sim experience the new version of the T-38 delivers relative to those others.

I may just break down and buy later today (crunching deadline at the moment), but since I haven't yet reached for my wallet, thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 10:33
Hi Alan:)

The installation problem I sorted. Unless I'm missing something fundamental (and yes.. I've read the manuals too) or I have a faulty download.. this isn't working for me at all. I uninstalled the model and while reinstalling.. the installer offered me one choice.. FSX/FSX Steam. When this page came up for the first time.. as there was only one option available, I presumed the installer would do the rest. On seeing it for the second time, I noticed a small radio button to the left which has to be pressed.. even though I was only given (correctly) one option. This time.. the install went straight to my FSX directory and installed correctly.

Disappointingly.. I think I'll have to register (again.. can't find my original registration) at Milviz to see if it's just me or if there's something wrong with my download. As a consequence.. it's difficult for me to offer a rational comment feeling as I do that I've just thrown a few dollars down the drain!! I've revisited the non-ADV model and that works as it's always done. The ADV is to all intents identical both inside and out.. the differences coming in a new FDE and the failure system I've yet to see. Will report back if I'm able to resolve my current issues.
ATB

n4gix
December 11th, 2015, 10:52
Dave, this is a "Smart Installer" and will only give you options for the actual simulators you have installed. Since I have four sim versions installed, of course I get multiple choices, of which I can choose one at a time.

FSX (disk)
FSX:SE (Side-by-Side)
P3D v2
P3D v3

Katoun
December 11th, 2015, 11:18
Hi,

If we had known about the sound looping effect, we would have fixed it. To that end, we have assigned a sound knowledgable person to that for tmrw. An update will be released shortly with that, at least, fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 11:41
Dave, this is a "Smart Installer" and will only give you options for the actual simulators you have installed. Since I have four sim versions installed, of course I get multiple choices, of which I can choose one at a time.

FSX (disk)
FSX:SE (Side-by-Side)
P3D v2
P3D v3

Cheers Bill.. too smart for me!:biggrin-new: I only have FSX (Disk) installed and get one option FSX/FSX Steam so I can't see why FSX and Steam are 'as one' in this case. Regardless.. I've now installed it 3 times (this time with AV off (MSE) during the install. It does actually trim now though I'm not seeing how to control the 'Advanced Options' unless it's purely through the realism slider from within FSX. My exe is listed as RC4v3.151207 which I find a bit odd. Is it normal to have release candidate numeration on a release version? Can't say I've looked that hard before as they've all worked straight out of the box.

As for the sound Kat.. all you have to do is go to spot view and you'll hear the loop:mixed-smiley-010:
ATB

Katoun
December 11th, 2015, 12:35
Hi,

Did you watch the video? It tells you exactly how to open the failures and realism menu. You should absolutely have all of your realism sliders to the max.

Thank you.

Kat

DaveB
December 11th, 2015, 13:47
Hi Kat..

No.. I only usually watch these videos when (for example) I can't remember the startup procedure. With the ADV.. I don't have to as it starts with engines running unlike the standard version which starts cold and dark. That said.. I've just watched it and it was very informative.. especially pointing out where the T-38 options menu is or in my case.. where it should be. I don't have that menu in addons. I've checked dll.xml after each install and was surprised to see no entry for the T-38. Perhaps that points to my difficulties?
ATB

Katoun
December 11th, 2015, 14:15
Hi,

Whilst I wish I could help you, I am only the wife of Colin and not exactly able to either assess or deal with issues of any kind. I strongly suggest that you get on the forums for your issue(s).

Thank you

Kat.

dvj
December 11th, 2015, 15:03
Hi,

If we had known about the sound looping effect, we would have fixed it. To that end, we have assigned a sound knowledgable person to that for tmrw. An update will be released shortly with that, at least, fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.

BTW, No other Milviz offering that I own has a problem with sound loops. Guess I'll swap in the F4 sound set. LOL. Or even better the F86!
-d

davido53
December 11th, 2015, 17:08
I have both the F-86 and the T-38 and I must say I fly the T-38 more than any other jet. It is a total challenge to land properly. I don't think you'd ever regret getting the Talon.

JimmyRFR
December 11th, 2015, 21:02
I can't comment extensively, but as mentioned by Kat, if you bring up any issues or problems in the support forum, they'll address it.

Demands on my time meant that the first time I got to take a good look at it was because I needed a screenshot for the front page banner on the MV site, but I had absolutely zero issues with the install into FSX Steam.

I'd give plenty of details on how my plans for a five minute flight to grab a screenie turned into a couple of really fun hours, but I'm likely biased by association, so no-one should really listen to me!

Alan_A
December 11th, 2015, 21:46
[QUOTE=JimmyRFR;996139...I'm likely biased by association, so no-one should really listen to me![/QUOTE]

And yet we're listening.

Have heard and seen enough and was going to buy tonight, but then one of my cats took over my flightsim chair. Tomorrow, maybe...

DaveB
December 12th, 2015, 01:39
Hi,

Whilst I wish I could help you, I am only the wife of Colin and not exactly able to either assess or deal with issues of any kind. I strongly suggest that you get on the forums for your issue(s).

Thank you

Kat.

Forgive me Kat.. I didn't realise you were Colin's SWMBO!:biggrin-new: Email sent a few moments ago asking for registration instructions;)
ATB

greenie
December 12th, 2015, 03:22
This is great . Just done my first flight and I had my work cut out for sure . This will keep me going for a long time yet .http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon25.gif . Cheers

n4gix
December 12th, 2015, 07:21
Cheers Bill.. too smart for me!:biggrin-new: I only have FSX (Disk) installed and get one option FSX/FSX Steam so I can't see why FSX and Steam are 'as one' in this case.
That is because as far as your computer is concerned, there is no difference at all between FSX (Disk) and FSX (Steam), as long as FSX (Steam) has been installed on a newly formatted system. That is what the first install option handles.

Anyone who has both FSX (Disk) and FSX (Steam) installed will see two choices, one for FSX (Disk) and another for FSX:SE (Side-by-Side). They could then choose either option, or even both by running the installer again.

Wingmate
December 13th, 2015, 11:05
I know these are F-5's and not T-38's but I would love to see one or both of these paints on the jet
http://www.airfighters.com/photo/15261/L/USA-Navy/Northrop-F-5E-Tiger-II/160792/
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/14594939661_7ab08d8a5a_b.jpg
They would make great aggressors for teaching the basics of acm.

Alan_A
December 13th, 2015, 13:00
OK, I'm now a T-38 Advanced owner and have a question for the gallery. Is anyone having trouble installing under FSX Steam Edition? My install runs fine, but I have no T-38 item in the add-ons pulldown menu, so I can't access the realism menu. Realism is set to "hard." Engines won't start - I get the ticking sound but no increase in RPM. Checked the dll.xml and found no references to the T-38, which I suspect is the issue. Went looking to see if the necessary lines were written somewhere else but so far haven't been able to find them. Uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed, all with antivirus off, but no joy. This isn't an official support request - I've asked for access to the support forum and I'm waiting to hear back. Happy to pursue the issue there. But I thought I'd ask here informally to see if anybody else has run into a similar problem, and what you did about it. Thanks in advance!

JimmyRFR
December 13th, 2015, 20:46
OK, I'm now a T-38 Advanced owner and have a question for the gallery. Is anyone having trouble installing under FSX Steam Edition? My install runs fine, but I have no T-38 item in the add-ons pulldown menu, so I can't access the realism menu. Realism is set to "hard." Engines won't start - I get the ticking sound but no increase in RPM. Checked the dll.xml and found no references to the T-38, which I suspect is the issue. Went looking to see if the necessary lines were written somewhere else but so far haven't been able to find them. Uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed, all with antivirus off, but no joy. This isn't an official support request - I've asked for access to the support forum and I'm waiting to hear back. Happy to pursue the issue there. But I thought I'd ask here informally to see if anybody else has run into a similar problem, and what you did about it. Thanks in advance!

I'm not qualified to give support, so my posting in response doesn't count as such. However, I can tell you that I had no issues installing into FSX Steam. It's also worth noting that there is no addition to the dll.xml file, even though I do indeed have a menu option in my Addons menu, 'Add-ons/T-38A Failures Menu'. But if you don't have such a menu appearing, I'm guessing there is an issue that you need official support for.

I was able to get the aircraft started and in the air with no issues & without reading the manual, by following the youtube video on a second screen, pausing it each step of the way, and replicating the actions it it.

Alan_A
December 13th, 2015, 21:41
Thanks, good to know the dml.xml isn't a problem but something's definitely off. I'll hang loose and wait for support forum access. Appreciate the information. Standing by...

alehead
December 14th, 2015, 09:07
Hi,

Due the extreme complexity of this particular aircraft, we've been waiting till we find a coder who is capable of dealing with it.

We have found that coder but he is dealing with some other issues but will start, with luck, in the new year.

Thank you.

Kat

This is confusing Kat. I see it on the Milviz site as for sale, but if I understand it, the ADV version is not yet available, given that your coder has apparently not started?

So what version is for sale?

A

DaveWG
December 14th, 2015, 09:50
I think Kat was referring to the "C" model, as that was asked about in the previous post.

DaveB
December 14th, 2015, 10:05
That's correct Dave:encouragement: The T-38A and T-38A ADV are the two models currently available;)
ATB

n4gix
December 15th, 2015, 09:04
The T-38C is sitting in the hanger awaiting the avionics shop to do their thing. Fortunately, I've got a 2GB hanger so it's not taking up too much room... :very_drunk:

DaveB
December 16th, 2015, 13:04
Just a HU that Milviz have released an update v3.151212 (full model) for the release T-38A ADV which addresses the aforementioned sound-loop. They work fine for me;)

However.. I'm still seeing the model loading 'hot' and there's no failure config in the Addons dropdown. I've posted as such at Milviz;)
ATB

Alan_A
December 16th, 2015, 14:48
I've solved my startup problem (user error - I was selecting ground power but not clicking on the icon to turn it on). But still no T-38 item in the add-ons pulldown, so no access to the failure control panel. Am now working the issue over on the Milviz support forum.

Katoun
December 16th, 2015, 19:45
Hi,

We have fixed (and will be sending out soon, if not already) the looping sound issue.

We will also be sending out the update and the ADV to all of our vendors.

Thank you.

Kat.

Alan_A
December 17th, 2015, 14:24
Just an update to report that thanks to the support forum, I've solved my problem accessing the failure generator. It requires the 2013 version of the Visual C++ redistributable (x86), which I hadn't installed. Managed a hot start my first time running the failure system. Fun! Off to cause more damage now...

dvj
December 17th, 2015, 22:30
Looping audio fixed with the update!

- d

DaveB
December 18th, 2015, 12:03
Just an update to report that thanks to the support forum, I've solved my problem accessing the failure generator. It requires the 2013 version of the Visual C++ redistributable (x86), which I hadn't installed. Managed a hot start my first time running the failure system. Fun! Off to cause more damage now...

Alan..
I learned from another post at Milviz that the ADV shouldn't (at the moment at least) start C&D. The new software used to produce the FD precludes the normal methods used to achieve this! That's me sorted;)
ATB