PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Rami
December 6th, 2015, 17:46
Allen,

You are the man! :encouragement: Thank you so much! :applause: :medals: :medals:

Allen
December 6th, 2015, 19:09
Your welcome!

mvg3d
December 7th, 2015, 01:35
Hi Allen,

In the past I sent an unfinished GMax model of C.200 to Kelticheart in order to convert it for CFS2, the model (a GOOD CFS3 original by Pietro Zazzetta/Italianwings, with gauges of mine) was complete with VC.....

If You are interested in this conversion, please contact Stefano.

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Rami
December 7th, 2015, 01:36
Mvg3d,

Stefano told me about the inaccuracies in the model that I was not aware of. However, it's still a marked leap over the older IS4G model, so I'll make good use of her if / until the CFS3 version is fully converted with a multi-lod model.

misson
December 7th, 2015, 12:53
Hi all. I can try to convert the model, but I have no time for the panel, and other files necessary for the whole conversion.

Ur high detailed models Manuelle are amazing, beautiful but are also hard with lods. I´ve tried with no success. The errors in the scales conversion causes fails compilling. Also the source weight is too big that my pc freezes if I try to get only 3 lods.

Obviusly Allen is most skillfull than me in these areas. Please go here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...GMax-and-LOD-s (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?87598-GMax-and-LOD-s)

Cheers,

Mario

misson
December 7th, 2015, 13:01
Thank u Rami and Allen for this bird & project. :encouragement:

Cheers,

Mario

Allen
December 7th, 2015, 14:38
misson
Compiling large models takes time. It may seem to frezze up your gMax but it should be just fine.

My PC is a XP dinosaurs with a Pentium 4 2.53ghz and 1.00 GB of RAM. Never had a model that I cound't compile. It just will take time.

Since large models can take a long time to compile best to make each LOD in it own gMax file. I export each LOD as .MDL during the progress of building it and use Model Converter X to do spot checks. I only combine LODs once I'm vary sure that they are right.

You can also make and compile model in gMax with Win7+. You only need XP or a emulator to convert the model back to CFS2.