PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding Help

falcon409
December 5th, 2015, 06:24
I had to setup a WiFi connection so I could enter the 21st Century, so I now have a Router to contend with in order to fly Multiplayer (I'd rather have a root canal than have to mess with port forwarding). I am in need of someone who can talk me through it as I've gotten online, even got into the setup for my router and it's like staring at ancient hieroglyphics. If you have Teamspeak, even better. . .I'll be in the "Propeller Heads" all day. Thanks!

airtj
December 5th, 2015, 12:48
Have you looked at this website and see if their are instructions for your router?

http://portforward.com/

manfredc3
December 5th, 2015, 14:08
If the portforward.com option is not getting you through this, I am more than happy to walk you through setting it up, but it will have to wait till next weekend.

Let me know (PM) if you need my assistance. If so, please mention the make and model of your router in the PM.

Wozza
December 5th, 2015, 14:15
I had to setup a WiFi connection so I could enter the 21st Century, so I now have a Router to contend with in order to fly Multiplayer (I'd rather have a root canal than have to mess with port forwarding). I am in need of someone who can talk me through it as I've gotten online, even got into the setup for my router and it's like staring at ancient hieroglyphics. If you have Teamspeak, even better. . .I'll be in the "Propeller Heads" all day. Thanks!
Yeah brand and model or modem router will help...if its a billion brand good luck :) the port forwarding on those is a pig to get working...plenty of tuts online ;)
For multi player If you hardwire the server pc to the router all the client wifi ones will see it and connect...

falcon409
December 5th, 2015, 14:46
Thanks everyone. All set up and seems to be working fine. My thanks to everyone who chimed in with some excellent info.